Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Axford

Ground Traffic Only

On top of that:

I have noticed missing origin and destination info one day, or origin and destination in the wrong order.

Vertical speed is sometimes out of range (see the log).

The RealTraffic data is deteriorating since november 2019 ....

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

It's not a good sign. I have also noticed the flight data is wrong on a lot of flights.

Another thing, is the "Blinking" traffic. If you watch the radar. Every other second, the traffic disappear, and then come back seconds later. That happens all the time on my stream.

Makes me wonder what is happening. It's soon two months since the good Real traffic-days 🙂 Hope the good traffic-days will return!

Edited by vhaaland

Vidar Haaland

System: Win10 Pro 64-bit, Intel® Core™ i7-2600K (stable at 4,5 GHZ), ASUS P8Z68-V PRO, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB(4GBX2) CL9, Corsair H80 watercooling,
Asus GeForce NVIDIA GTX 980 Strix DirectCU II OC

7 hours ago, vhaaland said:

It's not a good sign. I have also noticed the flight data is wrong on a lot of flights.

Another thing, is the "Blinking" traffic. If you watch the radar. Every other second, the traffic disappear, and then come back seconds later. That happens all the time on my stream.

Makes me wonder what is happening. It's soon two months since the good Real traffic-days 🙂 Hope the good traffic-days will return!

Yep, forgot about the blinking traffic...as you said, there one minute, then gone for a bit, then reappears, and it does happen all the time now. Definitely NOT encouraging!

Such a shame, it was a really good service at one time.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2400 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

I rather think it's time RT issued a statement regarding the future especially for people who paid for a years subscription prior to the present problems

Norm 

I took the initiative to email Balthazar last night saying that I am thinking about respectfully cancelling my subscription if Realtraffic is no longer compatible with PSXtraffic. He is saying that it is not on Realtraffic's end and that it has always been compatible.....

Any ideas?

The truth is that I do not understand how Balthasar did not specify anything else in his answer. As you are an annual subscriber and as a customer, we are eager to have information.

11 hours ago, callegro said:

I took the initiative to email Balthazar last night saying that I am thinking about respectfully cancelling my subscription if Realtraffic is no longer compatible with PSXtraffic. He is saying that it is not on Realtraffic's end and that it has always been compatible.....

Any ideas?

RT is compatible with PSX, that's not the problem. The problem apparently is the data source used by RealTraffic is providing inaccurate data, and RealTraffic is simply forwarding that data formatted for PSX. At least that's what I've gathered from information presented so far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2400 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

9 hours ago, somiller said:

RT is compatible with PSX, that's not the problem. The problem apparently is the data source used by RealTraffic is providing inaccurate data, and RealTraffic is simply forwarding that data formatted for PSX. At least that's what I've gathered from information presented so far.

That is the data information we are paying for. 

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

That is the data information we are paying for. 

Contact RT and ask for a status update

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Contact RT and ask for a status update

I did it two months ago. 

I did it two months ago. 

And you are still waiting and paying .....😕

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

And you are still waiting and paying .....😕

No. I finished my paying on December. I paid monthly. And i promised myseld that if real traffic wouldnt renew the ground traffic i would spend my money in create a similar software with one of my best friend that is a good developer. So now im waiting. I hope realtraffic renew. 

Edited by abranpuko

No. I finished my paying on December. I paid monthly. And i promised myseld that if real traffic wouldnt renew the ground traffic i would spend my money in create a similar software with one of my best friend that is a good developer. So now im waiting. I hope realtraffic renew. 

It is not RealTraffic you need to replace, but the ADS-B data collecting software... (which is a lot more challenging I think)

35 minutes ago, kiek said:

It is not RealTraffic you need to replace, but the ADS-B data collecting software... (which is a lot more challenging I think)

The ads-b data of flightradar24 is enough accurate for me. So we only need a software to translate that. Do you agree? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, abranpuko said:

The ads-b data of flightradar24 is enough accurate for me. So we only need a software to translate that. Do you agree? 

I don’t think it’s simple at all. What you see when you access FR24 has zero use for what you are trying to do.

Unless FR24 give you access to their raw data (that’s what you need to build an API for that would need to translate it to work with PSXT) you can’t do anything with FR24. And I highly doubt they will do that for you, not even if you have a business subscription. RealTraffic went to another source for the raw data, and to my understanding they’re the ones that have reduced the data quality and ask for more money to crank it up again.

In my opinion your plan is based on a number of flawed and false assumptions. RT is not the problem, getting the raw ADS-B data in high enough quality is. So unless you can find some miracle cure that Balthasar has not thought of you will hit the same limitations. Good luck though.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"