Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

While waiting for that other sim, P3d still surprises...

Not sure if anyone has ever experienced this, but while flying from Montreal during a clear night-flight to Roma, I was amazed to see two two shooting stars flash through the sky, in unison outside the left window. I had never witnessed this before during my years of simming - it was just a pleasant surprise.

• Like 5

Mario Di Lauro

13 minutes ago, Dazkent said:

Yep have seen them, they are also in FSX too

Thanks for the confirmation. Wonder how they program that little feature.

Mario Di Lauro

I shadowed ACA201 from CYYC -> CYVR on Saturday in the Aerosoft A320.  The P3D ground speed in cruise was only 2 or 3 knots out as reported by Flight Radar24.  Pretty amazing really.

I loved flying around the Northeast this past weekend and seeing snow on the ground. If no seasons, I'm staying with P3D. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I loved flying around the Northeast this past weekend and seeing snow on the ground. If no seasons, I'm staying with P3D. 

Me too.

Vic green

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

As a resident of the northeast, I wish the snow and cold would remain virtual.😊

Mario Di Lauro

So true. Flew from Belgrade to Podgorica and was delighted by the visuals. Snow until the Adriatic, then out of the mountains the snow was gone, very pretty. And as I took off from Podgorica for the flight back, the sun was starting to set creating beautiful colors on approach. Of course, a lot of this comes down to the quality of the addons, but still... I really do enjoy flying in P3Dv4!

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I flew from FSDT CYVR to ORBX CYSE with ORBX PNW in the A2A C172 with new PBR textures. It was about 10am and overcast. I also flew some cirsuits in my PMDG birds to check out and tune the performance to my recently acquired 2080ti and Samsung Odyssey+. All in all the most realistic visuals I've ever seen in any Flight Sim. Prepar3D is definitely a keeper. If 5 is coming soon as rumoured and its still backward compatible I'll be making that purchase. But I still suspect that that there is some behind closed doors deal between MS and LM and that Microsoft Flight Simulator and Preapr3D V5 are one and the same thing. Microsoft Flight Simulator for entertainment and Preapr3D V5 for professional use.:ph34r:🤣😁

I love hearing good things about p3d . Thanks! 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

On my recent release, my calibration light scenario has a particular time that will trigger 3 shooting starts under certain conditions. 

Happy Easter egg hunting 😉..

Regards 

Simbol 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, Bobsk8 said:

I don't think we're making a big enough deal out of the fact that seasons are confirmed to not be in MSFS at release...

Picture landing in in CYUL during an intense snow storm on live weather only to burst through the lower layer of clouds to reveal...….trees in their summer green with no snow on the ground.

What?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

I don't think we're making a big enough deal out of the fact that seasons are confirmed to not be in MSFS at release...

Picture landing in in CYUL during an intense snow storm on live weather only to burst through the lower layer of clouds to reveal...….trees in their summer green with no snow on the ground.

What?

I agree with this totally. Odds are eventually I’ll migrate to the new Microsoft. But right now my P3d experience is still improving and providing ample excitement. Still learning new airplanes flying into new places. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

55 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

I think some of us are / have, but if you posted that in the MSFS subforum, you had better wear your asbestos suit.  They do not have any sense of humor over there.  If all you've ever known is single-season photoscenery, I can understand.  I get it.

55 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

What?

I know.   It's ironic too, that a lot of the big fans of the new sim are VFR pilots, or pilots who are a bit more focused on visuals.  Now, if I flew a lot of VFR (I do fly some, and I do like my visuals), why on earth would I be accepting of no snow/ice in northern hemisphere winter, for example?

I'm sure that will get in that sim eventually.  It just surprises me that a development house building a flight simulator wouldn't include that as a basic pillar from day 1 of development.  My asbestos suit is on and zipped -- but it almost makes me want to initially call it a "technology demonstrator" rather than a "simulator".  In the scenario you posit in your quote above, that's not simulation, that's a mess.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I am happy user of P3D but I was tempted to try Xplane 11. I have seen so many people write they have gone to Xplane from P3D. I have seen so many posts about people using Xplane and also P3D and they are happy. But I cant stand that Xplane does not have seasons and it is kind of "yellowish". I like seasons! And I am definitely not happy for spending my bugs on Xplane - I was so silly I bought it directly, I could have gave it back on steam within 14 days.... So I think seasons are important for me 🙂

• Like 1