Sign in to follow this  
marty2756

If you had to choose: Missions VS pilot career/jobs system

I liked FSX missions, but when you finish them, that's it. What kept me in FSX (and then buying addons), specially when core sim technology was getting older,
was good context-immesion like what fspassanger/fscaptain provided.
It would be nice some basic implementation of Pilot Career/jobs system like FSW was doing.

• Upvote 1

I agree.  it's why I hope FSE (Flight Sim Economy) can be updated to work in the new MFS.  Ideally though I'd love to see something like FSE integrated directly into the sim as a feature.

I would definitely like to see some sort of career system with procedural "missions"/flights and so on.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, marty2756 said:

I liked FSX missions, but when you finish them, that's it.

<snip>
It would be nice some basic implementation of Pilot Career/jobs system like FSW was doing.

Assuming MFS has something similar or better than the mission builder in FSW then multiple users can create new missions in addition to MS/Asobo. A career system OTOH will probably only be able to be created/extended by MS/Asobo. Whilst a career system might appear in a future update I very much doubt that it will appear at initial release.

Give people power to really test their personality.

I am not interested in missions at all. I need something like Air Hauler 2 but 10x better

• Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

I think it'd be cool if they had weekly or monthly challenges you could load into, where they threw some adverse circumstance at you, to see if you could successfully get out of it.  Maybe even devise ways of "scoring" them for how well you did, and have rankings for the different challenges.

Maybe you could even reward people who complete the challenges with special insignia they can display somewhere.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mengy said:

I agree.  it's why I hope FSE (Flight Sim Economy) can be updated to work in the new MFS.  Ideally though I'd love to see something like FSE integrated directly into the sim as a feature.

+1 SAME

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

Career, although Flight Sim Economy is pretty good for GA. Does it work as well for jets? The FSE learning curve is high. Anyway, these are not essential for release. I would prefer they concentrate on getting things out early.

I think they should have a ranked progression system where you have to unlock aircraft, liveries, cockpit decorations/customizations, highly detailed airports, and sections of the world, and then they can make it incredibly difficult to gather enough in-game points for the really sought after unlocks, and instead sell boosts that increase the gather rate for an extremely limited time, and currency bought with real money that can outright buy the virtual add-ons.

That would be ideal.

• Like 2

For sure an airliner captain professional experience like what fscaptain does won't be implemented on day one, but I think a very simplistic version of a pilot career would be a very big plus to help keeping newcomers hooked long term.

I'd rather have the jobs system assuming it lets me do the flight planning and basically act like a free flight system but one that added some objectives and tracking/scoring. 90% of my sim use has been free flight and such a system would enhance that usage.

That said, well designed missions should be fun to play over and over by being sufficiently challenging and also be having some variation and randomness built-in. Part of the problem is that the mission system from FSX was somewhat limited and the tools were not that great. Maybe P3D did better but I never looked at it.

• Like 1

Barry Friedman

The most important thing is for Flightsimulator to have a solid interface to expose its variables to outside applications. Then either a free or a commercial application lijkt FSE or FSPassengers will probably created anyway.

Missions are great to get in the game initially or to "just have some fun". A career mode will keep us interested but it must cater for all. Some will want to emulate a commercial pilot's career while others are more interested in simulating a bush pilot. I am interested in a career mode that invites me to visit airports that I wouldn't know existed in the first place while punishing me for bad landings or rough weather by wearing down the aircraft.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

5 hours ago, molleh said:

I would definitely like to see some sort of career system with procedural "missions"/flights and so on.

What I like about that is that it opens up the possibility of multiple career tracks, not just commercial flying.  Missions usually offer more variety - say, search and rescue, or aerial firefighting.  But any of those could be the basis for a career path.  Either MS/Asobo or some third-party developer could get really inventive here, and there'd be a lot to do in addition to hauling cargo or drawing an airline paycheck. So ideally you wouldn't have to choose between missions on the one hand and career on the other.  I'd love to see something evolve along those lines.

• Like 1

Supposedly the SDK that is suppose to be released soon ( have no clue if it's just developers or not? ) stated you could build aircraft, scenery or missions. Also don't know if that means it will have some kind of GUI interface, just XML, and surely not the Object Placement Tool, I hope not 🙂 Did they ever state that JUST the developers signed up with them are the only ones getting the SDK this month or next? I think they said by the end of December 2019 for the SDK release?

I really like mission a lot, or career mode, etc... I do not like having to unlock items, but I know some people do! So whatever they decide on is fine with me! And like stated developers or them will supply us options in the future, hopefully!

Yet another reason I think they will TRY for a June 2020 E3 launch. But I am just guessing and have no clue 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ