Sign in to follow this  
DVA-4788

Trouble on Legacy Reality-XP product re-installs! (resolved)

First off I want to acknowledge that while the products in question are no longer supported they work just fine for me. Its not the actual products themselves that are the problem, its the v2.31 e-commerce wrapper that will not allow me to re-install them.  I've been in contact with f1, and after looking at it, and them manually renewing my keys on their end, the problem still continued.  The wrappers themselves consistently tell me they are transmitting the data, but then turn around post two messages to me, first that its could not establish a proper connect to the server, and second that the key data might be bad or corrupted.  I am running Windows 7, and went to extensive lengths to try and correct this on my end.  UAC turned off, Windows Defender turned off, Windows Firewall turned off, ran as Admin, as well as trying every single compatibility option available. It simply will not connect with the server. Anybody have any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks!!

WX-500, Sandel 3308 & 3400, Jetline's 2 & 4 all FS2004 only versions.

I know this is not really helpful, but I have all those old gauges installed and working in FS2004 running Windows 7-64. I love the Jetline gauges especially - a shame these were never upgraded. I did not encounter any installation issues, so I do not know why the OP is having problems. Have you re-downloaded the installer packages from the Reality XP website?

Graeme Butler

45 minutes ago, graemeb said:

I did not encounter any installation issues, so I do not know why the OP is having problems.

I don't know either but for the sake of it I've tried out reinstalling these old products on a Win7 system and it was not 'authenticating' to the servers either. I'd suspect maybe having disabled some older security protocols in I.E. might be related for the inverse reason you'd have to disable these legacy protocols with the newest e-commerce installer maybe (TLS1.0 etc...?)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I replaced a hard drive and encountered the same problem when I tried to reinstall the legacy range of Reality XP gauges (all of those listed in the original post).  They worked fine on the old hard drive on the same Windows 7 64-bit platform.  I purchased the gauges from F1 so I first turned to them for assistance.  I've re-downloaded the installer .exe file and new keys. So far no joy.  Would it be possible for RXP to work out the authentication issues with F1?  I don't expect technical support for the products ten plus years on but I should be able to reinstal the product and use at my own peril.  It appears the gauges are still for sale on the Reality XP site so I presume there is a way to deliver the product to new customers.  That being the case, what about customers who already own the products?

Edited by RXP

On 12/20/2019 at 4:32 PM, graemeb said:

I know this is not really helpful, but I have all those old gauges installed and working in FS2004 running Windows 7-64. I love the Jetline gauges especially - a shame these were never upgraded. I did not encounter any installation issues, so I do not know why the OP is having problems. Have you re-downloaded the installer packages from the Reality XP website?

Yes Graeme.  Jumped through all the hoops F1 asked of me.  Very frustrating because they worked fine previously on the same Windows 7-64.

Greg

Edited by RXP

[ADMIN: please don't cross-post]

I have the same problem chuck had, after swapping out an old HD for a SSD.  Downloading the wrapper again did not help. I have the same problem with all the legacy gauges (which is addressed in another thread here).  I run the installation, pick the reinstallation option, select the product key, put in the last four of the credit card used to purchase, and I get a dialogue box that says there is an error making proper connection with the server...  I've jumped through all the hoops asked of me by the F1 people but nothing seems to resolve the problem.

Greg

Edited by RXP

@gaputz Hi, products sold for FS9/WinXP are not expected to install on Win7+. They might but it is unlikely.

Products sold for FSX/WinXP+7 (32bits) are supposed to be re-installable though.

Have you checked this:

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean-Luc

Yes, I did.  The F1 support people took me through that.  All the settings were fine on the computer.  Moreover,  I've not had problems reinstalling other products from F1 (including RXP products) as I've gone about re-installing items on the new SSD.  I think that should underscore that the Windows settings are not the issue.   I realize these are legacy products but they performed well previously on my Win 7 64 compute, prior to my decision to upgrade the HD.  I had the same level of satisfaction as reported by Graeme.   I did not have problems with installation before when I moved all these gauges to my current computer from a slower and older dual core Win7 32 machine. 

Greg

Edited by RXP

And back then, did you install the products on the older Win7, or did you upgrade a WinXP/Vista to Win7 with the products previously installed at the time?

Edited by RXP

I am jumping in to confirm what Greg is saying. I successfully re-installed all my Reality XP gauges on my Win7 machine, back in 2016 using the F1 wrappers. Today I tried (as a test) the SN3308 installer, freshly downloaded from Reality XP [EDIT: F1 is just our e-commerce procurement partner but you download Reality XP products from Reality XP], and it failed with the two messages described above.

The installer file appears to be identical to my original (same size 6,212,043 bytes), so my conclusion must be that F1 has changed the authentication process so that these old products are not able to be installed. I think that is very unethical, since we have paid for the product, we should be entitled to use it.

I am lucky that at least I have them already installed and working - otherwise I would be furious.

Graeme

Edited by RXP

Graeme Butler

1 hour ago, graemeb said:

so my conclusion must be that F1 has changed the authentication process so that these old products are not able to be installed.

This very well be, but until confirmation, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. This might just be a typo in a config file on their server...

It occurred to me that it might also be caused by some changes to Windows 7 caused by a Microsoft update, but I do not know how you could troubleshoot that to confirm the issue.

Graeme

Graeme Butler

update: we've been cross-checking this issue deeper with our e-commerce partner and they might have solved this.

Can you please try again and let us know if this works fine now?

Hi Jean-Luc. 

I am very happy to report that Steve and his team at F1 revised their authentication script and all is well again.  I was able to reinstall all my RXP gauges in very quick order.   I am very grateful to you and F1 for sticking with it to find the problem and fix it.  I know the FS9 community, as small as it might be, will be very grateful to know that we can continue to use your fine products whenever we upgrade our computers and hard drives.

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 1