Sign in to follow this  
starvip

Runway Turnoff

I’ve noticed on the new version that the RW turn off the lights aren’t operated when descending through 10,000 and are turned off with the taxi lights after the gears retracted.

Looking at other sources the turn offs remain on until 10,000 feet and all turned on with the landing lights when descending.

This was modelled correctly in the original PMDG 737 simulation but seems not to do it on the new one.

Any ideas?

Please show me in the the manual where exactly it says this?

With multiple SOPs and a large number of user options, it can be very difficult say what's right and what's wrong.

But runway turnoff lights on a 737 are on the gear, right?  Why would you turn them on when the gear is still up?

No. The runway turnoffs are in the wing root with the fixed landing lights. Fs2crew for the original NGX correctly depicted what the vast majority of carriers do...taxi + turnoffs on when taxiing....takeoff...fixed landing and runway turnoffs remain on until 10k...then back on together at 10k in the descent (the turnoffs are what incidentally illuminate the inner cowling of engines aswell, a sight we are all used to at night when its time to land at 10k) 

Anyway my point is it was active on the the NGX version and not this version for the NGXu for some reason, so wondered why it had changed. You coded it in all 3 SOPS on both the NGX legacy and Reboot.

19 minutes ago, byork said:

Please show me in the the manual where exactly it says this?

With multiple SOPs and a large number of user options, it can be very difficult say what's right and what's wrong.

But runway turnoff lights on a 737 are on the gear, right?  Why would you turn them on when the gear is still up?

Nothing was changed in the Runway Turnoff lights area in the U version.

Looking at the code, we turn on the Runway Turnoff lights at 10,000 feet when using SOP 3.

In SOP 1 and 2, we turn them on when the gear goes down - but only at night.

Moreover, when you call 'clear left' during taxi, we turn the runway turnoff lights on, but again only if it's dark.

That's the way it's always been coded.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:08 AM, byork said:

Nothing was changed in the Runway Turnoff lights area in the U version.

Looking at the code, we turn on the Runway Turnoff lights at 10,000 feet when using SOP 3.

In SOP 1 and 2, we turn them on when the gear goes down - but only at night.

Moreover, when you call 'clear left' during taxi, we turn the runway turnoff lights on, but again only if it's dark.

That's the way it's always been coded.

Forgive me I have found the actual issue now which caused confusion on my end.

I was used to the wings splash and it wasn’t getting it and upon further inspection it seems that the first officer when operating the landing lights (and also the logo lights) doesn’t fully press the switch resulting in it not coming on at all. Read somebody else’s comment about logos not coming on. When operating the fixed landing lights/logo lights The switch remains in an intermediate position between on and off resulting in none of the lights working. If you manually toggle the switch afterwards it operates normally in the full on or off position.

(this is in voice control SOP1) 

16 minutes ago, byork said:

Logo lights have been fixed in V1.1 so pulse or no pulse option they will go to the correct position.

Inkedprepar3d-2019-12-19-14-28-38-LI.jpg

Thanks for clarification..picture attached shows the issue...you can see the FO operated right fixed landing light vs the one I toggled on the left to get it to come on..it doesnt engage fully hangs in the middle so the light doesnt actually come on. Thought my landings at night were a bit dark! 🤣

This is with standard halogen light config no pulse with SOP1 Voice 

14 minutes ago, byork said:

Is that SOP 3?

Send me a Support Ticket...

I'd like you to test V1.1.

Will do. This was SOP1 Voice Control. No LED no pulse. Im about to do a flight with SOP3 so ill see if its any different and attach the details after.

On 12/20/2019 at 2:16 AM, byork said:

Okay, I see what you mean now... I think I just fixed this 🙂

Everything is fixed for me now On 1.1 regardless of the lighting config thanks for your help and hard work!