Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

CS757 Updated to v1.5

Apparently there is a hot fix out for 1.5 posted yesterday 12-19 found in reply #3.

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1576525027

I hate how CS puts out these hot fixes without announcements.  Maybe they are only meant to be beta.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

9 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Apparently there is a hot fix out for 1.5 posted yesterday 12-19 found in reply #3.

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1576525027

I hate how CS puts out these hot fixes without announcements.  Maybe they are only meant to be beta.

@Dreamflight767, thank you.  Agree with you, CS could do better announcing their hot fixes.  Glad they're still actively improving this product.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

How does one add payload that will not throw up Gross Overload error flags, or Insufficient Fuel messages when PFPX-created flightplan figure out the fuel load, e.g. LGKR to OMDB, 22000kgs?

Is this aircraft a long-haul aircraft or did CS develop it to really be a short-haul aircraft, designed to only carry 10 passengers so that Gross Overload error flags do not crop up in the set-up?

Does not seem right for an aircraft Boeing designed to be a long-haul! Or maybe I am goofing the fuel/payload set-up?

Hello Rick,

I have to admit, I never fly the PAX version of the aircraft, only the Cargo variant.

I set up a test flight plan (EGLL to KBOS) through Simbrief. Using the CS757-200, the distance for this plan is further than the one you've planned (approx 3000 nm).

EGLL/09L CPT4K CPT UL9 SLANY DCT GISTI DCT MALOT DCT 53N020W 53N030W
52N040W 50N050W DCT ELSIR N318A ALLEX DCT EURRO OOSHN5 KBOS/22L

My Simbrief plan was FL300, CI10, ZFW 83.5 Kg (full PAX 16/162) with 4.9/7.2 fore/aft cargo and 30.1 Kg fuel.

My input flightplan on the FMC indicated an arrival fuel quantity of 4.8 Kg (x 100).

If you send me a PM (personal email), I can email a jpg of the FMC inputs as well as the Simbrief Flight Plan that I used for the test.

Regards, Rob

emmm, regarding the crz performance.

I only had -200 PW version, but compare to our company's QRH and FPPM, when crusing, the CS one gives me about 0.1 more EPR and 10% more fuel flow.

I edited the fuel flow rate in aircarft.cfg to 0.9 get it closer so I can use FPPM for flight fuel plan, havn't touch EPR yet ,

5 hours ago, vc10man said:

How does one add payload that will not throw up Gross Overload error flags, or Insufficient Fuel messages when PFPX-created flightplan figure out the fuel load, e.g. LGKR to OMDB, 22000kgs?

Haven't had trouble with this.  Are you using the FMC to load passengers, cargo, and fuel?  Is it configured for Kgs vs. lbs?

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

FMC, Set Up, Payload+Fuel Kgs.(every aircraft only use kgs.)

Fuel- long=35% Gross Overload.

Payload above Random 14%= Gross Overload

6 hours ago, C2615 said:

emmm, regarding the crz performance.

I only had -200 PW version, but compare to our company's QRH and FPPM, when crusing, the CS one gives me about 0.1 more EPR and 10% more fuel flow.

I edited the fuel flow rate in aircarft.cfg to 0.9 get it closer so I can use FPPM for flight fuel plan, havn't touch EPR yet ,

You would think that fuel flow would be an easy figure to get right if the end user can simply change it in the aircraft.cfg file.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

45 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You would think that fuel flow would be an easy figure to get right if the end user can simply change it in the aircraft.cfg file.

Not that easy, to get correct on things like M.78 and  M.80 from FL280~FL400, I had to play with things like thrust_scalar, parasite_drag_scalar, induced_drag_scalar,  cruise_lift_scalar, 1506 table.... and beacuse FSX/P3D didn't simulate turbo fan engine efficiency change with mach number, it's almost impossible to match perfectly...

Some add-on dev just take their own table, give a "fake" fuel flow gaugue and directly modify the fuel left in the tank.

• Upvote 1

They have a sale tomorrow, everything at 25. do you guys recommend getting it at that price? Im only interested in the cargo version.

Juan Ramos

The base package is on sale now for around $75 (from $99.99).  If you buy it for $25 that would be a good deal.  You only get about $4 off for the expansions (except the 757 Freighter Expansion at $49) but a good deal too.

There are some who are having issues with the 757 and that is normal as even the PMDG 737NGXu has issues with dynamic lighting killing FPS.  The CS757 handles FPS for dynamic lighting much, much better.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

12 hours ago, xender said:

do you guys recommend getting it at that price?

Absolutely.  If you're even remotely interested you should go for it.  This is how I got mine last year around this time and no regrets.  At times I feel it's not a $99 product, but it's certainly more than $25.  

dv

Hi All:

Did a flight and I am having issues with VNAV during DES.  First I noticed the TOD kept changing spots along the route on the ND.  That caused the FD to jump up and down.  I opened the FMS and noticed on the DES page that the speed kept jumping from Mach .789 to .76.

lLLfrun.jpg

odF2COd.jpg

79Yp4Lc.jpg

Y8V70U0.jpg

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

The one issue I have regularly with this aircraft is that I can’t rely on VNAV to descend.  I usually end up in FLCH to descend.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU