Sign in to follow this  
spilok

A2A GPS doesn't follow route

I am awaiting acceptance into the A2A forum (supposed to send me an email verification) and I've read over 12 pages in their forum to try to find an answer.  I bought the A2A 172 yesterday after reading about its update on this forum.  Using the default GPS 400, I cannot get the plane to follow the GPS route.  I know how to use this GPS because it's available for many planes.   I have checked all configurations, and I'm sure it's all correct.

My autopilot works well for altitude, vertical speed, etc.  I have NAV checked and the GPS mode is on.  However, the plane will not follow the GPS route.  Is there some additional step that has to be taken with this plane to make the GPS respond to follow the route?

Stan

I can't remember ever using the GPS 400, but there should be a switch somewhere to select either GPS or LOC. Make sure the switch is set to GPS. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

there should be a switch somewhere to select either GPS or LOC

It the photos on the A2A site it appears there is a switch at the top of the panel just under and to the left of the compass.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

It the photos on the A2A site it appears there is a switch at the top of the panel just under and to the left of the compass.

At the top of the panel there is a GPS/NAV switch (which I have switched to GPS).  There is also a static button that says AP breaker.   I don't see any other buttons that appear relevant.

Stan

49 minutes ago, spilok said:

At the top of the panel there is a GPS/NAV switch (which I have switched to GPS).  There is also a static button that says AP breaker.   I don't see any other buttons that appear relevant.

Other than the KAP 140 AP set to NAV. That's all there is.
The A2A 172 Aircraft Configurator app there are 2 settings for the default GPS one for fs9gps and one for p3dgps. Have you tried switching between the 2?

If by any chance you own the Reality XP GNS 430 it also includes the GPS 400 and works fine.

Edit:

Switched to the default A2A GPS 400 and it is working fine for me. In the configurator it is set to p3dgps.

Heya Stan, 

I got caught out on this recently, and it turns out I was unaware of the "D" heading reset command. I was having problems at specific airports, but perhaps they are related?

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

1 hour ago, Howellerman said:

Heya Stan, 

I got caught out on this recently, and it turns out I was unaware of the "D" heading reset command. I was having problems at specific airports, but perhaps they are related?

I'll try that!

Stan

1 hour ago, spilok said:

I'll try that!

Stan

That worked!!!   Thank you, the D key made it work....go figure.  The GPS tracked true for me tonight.

Stan

Hi Stan,

8 hours ago, spilok said:

That worked!!!   Thank you, the D key made it work....go figure.  The GPS tracked true for me tonight.

Stan

Good to hear you've resolved the issue with the autopilot. Yes, the directional gyro will need to be aligned for it to work correctly. In some NAV modes, it's also necessary to set the heading bug to the desired course.

I don't see a pending post from you on our forums, but you should get an automated confirmation email when you register which is a common measure to try and keep the spambots at bay.

If you haven't received it, please check your junk mail folder. If it's not there, drop me a line here and I should be able to sort things from our end.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

5 hours ago, Nick M said:

Hi Stan,

Good to hear you've resolved the issue with the autopilot. Yes, the directional gyro will need to be aligned for it to work correctly. In some NAV modes, it's also necessary to set the heading bug to the desired course.

I don't see a pending post from you on our forums, but you should get an automated confirmation email when you register which is a common measure to try and keep the spambots at bay.

If you haven't received it, please check your junk mail folder. If it's not there, drop me a line here and I should be able to sort things from our end.

Thanks,

Nick

It's not in my inbox or junk folder.  I'll try again.

Stan

25 minutes ago, spilok said:

It's not in my inbox or junk folder.  I'll try again.

Stan

Thanks Stan. There's an new member called 'stash' who isn't activated. Is this you?

Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

20 hours ago, spilok said:

Stan

Part of preflighting any aircraft, aligning the gyro with a compass. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 hours ago, Nick M said:

Thanks Stan. There's an new member called 'stash' who isn't activated. Is this you?

Nick

YES!  No email

8 hours ago, spilok said:

YES!  No email

Okay, just manually activated you in that case Stan, so you should be able to post if you have any other issues or just fancy dropping by.

The first post needs manual approval, but once that's done, you can post at will.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

6 hours ago, Nick M said:

Okay, just manually activated you in that case Stan, so you should be able to post if you have any other issues or just fancy dropping by.

The first post needs manual approval, but once that's done, you can post at will.

Thanks,

Nick

Thank you, Nick.  Tried it today and it works great.  Looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Stan