Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
spilok

A2A GPS doesn't follow route

Recommended Posts

I am awaiting acceptance into the A2A forum (supposed to send me an email verification) and I've read over 12 pages in their forum to try to find an answer.  I bought the A2A 172 yesterday after reading about its update on this forum.  Using the default GPS 400, I cannot get the plane to follow the GPS route.  I know how to use this GPS because it's available for many planes.   I have checked all configurations, and I'm sure it's all correct.

My autopilot works well for altitude, vertical speed, etc.  I have NAV checked and the GPS mode is on.  However, the plane will not follow the GPS route.  Is there some additional step that has to be taken with this plane to make the GPS respond to follow the route?

Stan

Share this post


Link to post

I can't remember ever using the GPS 400, but there should be a switch somewhere to select either GPS or LOC. Make sure the switch is set to GPS. 


spacer.pngBob Cardone         MSFS 2020     PMDG DC6,  JF Arrow  , Carenado Seminole , Mooney,Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

there should be a switch somewhere to select either GPS or LOC

It the photos on the A2A site it appears there is a switch at the top of the panel just under and to the left of the compass.


Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; H100i Pro; 32GB DDR4 3600; RTX 3070 TI 8GB; Gold RMX850X PSU; ASUS VG289 4K 27"
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126
                       
"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fppilot said:

It the photos on the A2A site it appears there is a switch at the top of the panel just under and to the left of the compass.

At the top of the panel there is a GPS/NAV switch (which I have switched to GPS).  There is also a static button that says AP breaker.   I don't see any other buttons that appear relevant.

Stan

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, spilok said:

At the top of the panel there is a GPS/NAV switch (which I have switched to GPS).  There is also a static button that says AP breaker.   I don't see any other buttons that appear relevant.

Other than the KAP 140 AP set to NAV. That's all there is.
The A2A 172 Aircraft Configurator app there are 2 settings for the default GPS one for fs9gps and one for p3dgps. Have you tried switching between the 2?

If by any chance you own the Reality XP GNS 430 it also includes the GPS 400 and works fine.

 

Edit:

Switched to the default A2A GPS 400 and it is working fine for me. In the configurator it is set to p3dgps.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Heya Stan, 

I got caught out on this recently, and it turns out I was unaware of the "D" heading reset command. I was having problems at specific airports, but perhaps they are related?


John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Howellerman said:

Heya Stan, 

I got caught out on this recently, and it turns out I was unaware of the "D" heading reset command. I was having problems at specific airports, but perhaps they are related?

I'll try that!

Stan

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, spilok said:

I'll try that!

Stan

That worked!!!   Thank you, the D key made it work....go figure.  The GPS tracked true for me tonight.

Stan

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Stan,

8 hours ago, spilok said:

That worked!!!   Thank you, the D key made it work....go figure.  The GPS tracked true for me tonight.

Stan

Good to hear you've resolved the issue with the autopilot. Yes, the directional gyro will need to be aligned for it to work correctly. In some NAV modes, it's also necessary to set the heading bug to the desired course.

I don't see a pending post from you on our forums, but you should get an automated confirmation email when you register which is a common measure to try and keep the spambots at bay.

If you haven't received it, please check your junk mail folder. If it's not there, drop me a line here and I should be able to sort things from our end.

Thanks,

Nick


Nick M - A2A Simulations

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Nick M said:

Hi Stan,

Good to hear you've resolved the issue with the autopilot. Yes, the directional gyro will need to be aligned for it to work correctly. In some NAV modes, it's also necessary to set the heading bug to the desired course.

I don't see a pending post from you on our forums, but you should get an automated confirmation email when you register which is a common measure to try and keep the spambots at bay.

If you haven't received it, please check your junk mail folder. If it's not there, drop me a line here and I should be able to sort things from our end.

Thanks,

Nick

It's not in my inbox or junk folder.  I'll try again.

Stan

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, spilok said:

It's not in my inbox or junk folder.  I'll try again.

Stan

Thanks Stan. There's an new member called 'stash' who isn't activated. Is this you?

Nick


Nick M - A2A Simulations

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, spilok said:

That worked!!!   Thank you, the D key made it work....go figure.  The GPS tracked true for me tonight.

Stan

Part of preflighting any aircraft, aligning the gyro with a compass. 


spacer.pngBob Cardone         MSFS 2020     PMDG DC6,  JF Arrow  , Carenado Seminole , Mooney,Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Nick M said:

Thanks Stan. There's an new member called 'stash' who isn't activated. Is this you?

Nick

YES!  No email

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, spilok said:

YES!  No email

Okay, just manually activated you in that case Stan, so you should be able to post if you have any other issues or just fancy dropping by.

The first post needs manual approval, but once that's done, you can post at will.

Thanks,

Nick


Nick M - A2A Simulations

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Nick M said:

Okay, just manually activated you in that case Stan, so you should be able to post if you have any other issues or just fancy dropping by.

The first post needs manual approval, but once that's done, you can post at will.

Thanks,

Nick

Thank you, Nick.  Tried it today and it works great.  Looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Stan

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...