Sign in to follow this  
Deleted

A320 like pmdg

Does anyone know if the A320 is at pmdg level? 

I thought I had read an interview about it, but can't find it.

I highly doubt it. But what does make an aircraft pmdg like? Simulating every knob and system? As long as you can program ur fmc and fly from A-B its enough for the majority of users.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

But since Airbus is listed as a partner, I expect more. 

25 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

But since Airbus is listed as a partner, I expect more. 

I would think that any default aircraft that would be at FSLabs or PMDG level of sophistication would drive the price of the sim up beyond what most people will be willing to pay. Remember, those of us that are paying the big money for those aircraft for P3D aren't quite right in the head. The average person isn't interested in those types of aircraft.

NAX669.png

Asobo/Microsoft have reached out to the third party developers you are talking about, if they intend to do it themselves why bother reaching out. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I would think that any default aircraft that would be at FSLabs or PMDG level of sophistication would drive the price of the sim up beyond what most people will be willing to pay. Remember, those of us that are paying the big money for those aircraft for P3D aren't quite right in the head. The average person isn't interested in those types of aircraft.

I always thought that the majority of users fly deeply simulated jets. But here on Avsim, most of them are on VFR. I personally do not know anyone who is satisfied with the standard jets from FSX. It is these that make the Sim boring quickly. When new users start, they turn off after a few days and find the Sim not challenging and boring. 

11 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

I always thought that the majority of users fly deeply simulated jets. But here on Avsim, most of them are on VFR. I personally do not know anyone who is satisfied with the standard jets from FSX. It is these that make the Sim boring quickly. When new users start, they turn off after a few days and find the Sim not challenging and boring. 

Us? That's just your own and rather narrow POV.   For me it's boring to simply program the FMC, turn on the AP at 200ft and let the aircraft perform an autoland at the destination. 

Furthermore flying 'deeply simulated jets' with single pilot operation, which most users are doing, isn't realistic.

Flying IFR with e.g. the TBM could be challenging and interesting. Same goes e.g. for aerobatics in the CAP, bush flying with the Cub etc...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3