Sign in to follow this  
RFarmah

Taxi2Gate LTBA

I've been using FSX with high detailed aircraft and scenery for about a year now without any CTD situations. I recently purchased LTBA and have not been able to perform a single landing. I have tried three approaches to runway 5, but every time I intercept the ILS, the simulator CTD. I have many flightbeam, taxi2gate, flytampa, and FSDT scenery and this has never been a problem. The only issue I am experiencing with the crash is that I am not receiving any messages. Rather it just crashes to desktop and that is that. I assume it is a OOM, but I don't understand why as I have higher detailed airports that operate perfect, and by settings are quite conservative. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rajan Farmah 

I think it's also worth noting that I can complete a full flight from Doha to Sydney, and back without any issues using the PMDG 777, REX, and GSX, so I am not too sure why this scenery doesn't really work. 

Thanks,

Rajan Farmah

On 12/17/2019 at 4:57 PM, RFarmah said:

I assume it is a OOM, but I don't understand why as I have higher detailed airports that operate perfect, and by settings are quite conservative.

When you get an OOM, an error message will pop up and tell you that you have run out of memory and then close.  Since you know exactly what is causing your CTD's, then there's nothing we can do here.  You have to seriously lower your FSX settings, get rid of the taxi2gate add-on, or move up to P3DV4 where you can set your settings high and not run out of memory as it is a 64-bit application.  More information about OOM's is in the PMDG Introduction Guide or in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 35.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

To clarify, I am not getting an OOM message, but rather the sim crashes when approaching the airport for landing. Not during take-off or even when spawning their. I don't experience this issue with any other airport and I have experimented by turining down FSX settings to the bare minimum. Since I am not getting an OOM message, but rather the simulator just crashes when approaching the airport, where do i go from here?

28 minutes ago, RFarmah said:

Since I am not getting an OOM message, but rather the simulator just crashes when approaching the airport, where do i go from here?

When you are on approach to a payware airport, this is when FSX is most vulnerable to a crash.  I have FlightBeam KIAD and all is well until I am on approach.  If the airport, like KIAD, has a lot of eye-candy, this is about the time for the eye-candy to begin rendering.  I fortunately land and begin my taxi but my VAS is down to 400MB.  This is with heavy weather conditions and in the PMDG 777. 

As is stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, you need to disable all of your add-on scenery (except LTBA) to see if it is LTBA causing your crash.  If not, then it was one of your other add-ons. I'm sure you have disabled LTBA at one time just to see if LTBA is the culprit so you want to disable all of the other add-ons.  I have heard of CTD's with REX (you did not indicate which REX program) but those are extremely rare.  You can disable that to see if that is the issue.  These are easy fixes you can use to investigate your particular crash as not everyone who owns LTBA is having crashes. 

There is a possibility Windows Defender or another anti-virus program you might have installed, quarantined one of the files during installation.  Windows Defender does this without letting you know what it did.  It just does it and could care less if you are now having problems.  It sees a lot of false positives that really are not viruses in FSX add-on installers.  Even if you tell your anti-virus program it is safe, it will soon scan your files again and quarantine it again and could care less for doing so.  It is only trying to protect you from evil people.  Since you got as far as getting to the approach phase, this is unlikely but it could happen. 

Bad textures on AI aircraft, made for DX9 programs like FS9, do not always work with DirectX10.  There could be an AI on LTBA that is not compatible with FSX.

If you have a dll.xml (and you probably do as you say you own FSDT stuff), you should disable that by renaming the file to dll.off.  It will not load the next time you fly and you can see if one of those modules is causing an issue.  It's in the same folder as your fsx.cfg.  It will not be recreated so you need to rename it back to dll.xml after you investigate.

A lot of members add tweaks to their FSX.cfg that are not properly set up.  They copy tweaks made by others and those settings do not always work with every computer system.  You can disable FSX.cfg by renaming it to FSX.off.  A new one will be created when you restart FSX.

You can download and run AppCrashView as stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  This might show you the faulting module.  The Event Viewer will sometimes show a faulting module too.  The AVSIM CTD Guide shows you how to look at these programs.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Also make sure you have updated LTBA as there are a couple of updates on their site.

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks for the advice! I’ve tried making these changes, but the sim still continues to crash only as I approach LTBA. I’ve tried to turn of other add on sceneries and minimized my graphics settings. Funny enough, this only happens with LTBA. 

is there anyone out there using Taxi2Gate LTBA with FSX? If so, would you be willing to upload your FSX settings and configuration? I know there are people using LTBA with FSX just fine so hoping I can find a fix and enjoy the airport I purchased before changing over to MSFS2020 in the coming year.

Thanks,

Rajan F

I would rename your FSX.cfg to fsx.off, restart FSX to create a new config.  In addition, FSX is a 32-bit program and will easily crash on approach due to a lack of Virtual Address Space (VAS).  On my approaches, my VAS drops dramatically and sometimes goes as low as 200mb's and then crashes.  If you have a lot of autogen and high settings, this will easily expedite the loss of VAS and a CTD.

Submit News to AVSIM