Sign in to follow this  
PebbleBeach

KJAX Jacksonville International 2019 - Release Notice

Dedl,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I only hope now we can persuade Aerosoft to add it to their AES Credit Pack like they have done for a few other freeware airports.

Mitch (Michael)

You may be disappointed regarding AES, as there have been no updates for a couple of years now (since Jan 2017). I think it is pretty much dead.

Graeme Butler

Aerosoft and FS2004 are two different worlds since way back when. No need to put energy in it nowadays.

Better to concentrate on what you do brilliantly - FS9 Scenerydesign.

Dedl

P.S. Congratiulations to ca. 280 downloads both on AVSIM and Flightsim during the first day.

Thank you for everyone involved with this. Absolutely brilliant work! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next.

Yesterday I flew from MIA to my new KJAX addon and it was very nice.

I recently bought a new weather engine (FS Global Real Weather) so the sky was thick with moisture and I had terrible turbulence during the approach. 

I landed without any stutter and the frame rates kept high during the flight (locked at 60). There was that moment of happiness. My fs9 is working perfectly fine after all these years of tweaking and searching for some form of perfection. I remembered all the discussions about OOM’s, CTD’s and terrible FPS. Thats done, that is history. 

I hope you are able to produce more airports like you did with Jacksonville. 

Thank you sir. 

On 12/23/2019 at 5:50 AM, meesterlijk said:

Yesterday I flew from MIA to my new KJAX addon and it was very nice.

I recently bought a new weather engine (FS Global Real Weather) so the sky was thick with moisture and I had terrible turbulence during the approach. 

I landed without any stutter and the frame rates kept high during the flight (locked at 60). There was that moment of happiness. My fs9 is working perfectly fine after all these years of tweaking and searching for some form of perfection. I remembered all the discussions about OOM’s, CTD’s and terrible FPS. Thats done, that is history. 

I hope you are able to produce more airports like you did with Jacksonville. 

Thank you sir. 

It is comments like this, and others, that press us to keep trying to figure out "how to make it better" at 4am in the morning.

In some ways I'm exaggerating. But in all honesty, not really. Our main lead, and modeler David Rawlins, pressed me on many occasions to make my textures better. I can honestly can say I spent close to 100 hours (in do overs) alone on KJAX. David made me better. 

Everyone, thank you for the nice comments. 

Mitch

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So let me, too, congratulate you and your team for this wonderful scenery. I never would have planned to fly to Jacksonville, but now I do.

Regards,

Harald

• Upvote 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

10 hours ago, HaraldG said:

So let me, too, congratulate you and your team for this wonderful scenery. I never would have planned to fly to Jacksonville, but now I do.

Regards,

Harald

Herald,

many thanks to you and everyone else that has reached out to us. Happy New Year!!!!

Mitch