Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly FS2 B777-300ER released with Sim Beta Updates

12/18/2019 Via Ipacs/Jet-pack (Jan) https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/15365-b777-300er-now-released-new-steam-beta-with-many-updates-waiting-for-you/

Great news everyone! The Boeing B777-300ER is now available for the PC Version in the Steam Beta Channel!

19936-takeoff-las-vegas-png

The B777-300ER is included in the base simulator, so just let Steam work it's magic to update Aerofly FS 2 to the latest beta version and you should be set. It should be right next to the B747 in the aircraft list.

The update also includes many changes to other aircraft :)

Changelog:

• Added Boeing 777-300ER to the core simulator
  • F18 additions:
  • Added interactive display menu (press button labeled "menu" once or twice)
  • Added displays: stores, attack radar, HUD, electronic warefare (EW), situation awareness (SA), attitude indicator (ADI), fuel, checklists, engines and flight controls (FCS)
  • Added HUD information: pull up cue, arrow to next waypoint, waypoint designator projected onto the ground, ILS deviation bars, TACAN HSI with arrow to station and deviation indicator, UTC time, day/night mode, brightness control
  • Added HSI options: tactical navigation (TACAN) overlayed on HSI map, options to toggle TCN, ILS and waypoints designator (WPDSG) on the HUD.
  • Added up front controller (UFC) functions: ILS, TACAN and radio beacon tuning and course selection either by typing in the ILS/TACAN channel or by typing in a ILS/VOR/TCN frequency (like "1103" for 110.3 Mhz)
  • Changed up front controller (UFC) behavior: autopilot now appropriate on sub-page (push the A/P button to see the autopilot options)
  • Added gear warning: gear lever flashing
  • Added B747 CDU pages: init ref, ident, perf, thrust limit, takeoff, approach (with several functions implemented), route (not operational) and others (not all operational)
  • Added B747 Thrust limit selection via CDU affects maximum thrust used
  • Added A320 MCDU approach page cheats to insert the local wind, pressure and temperature and a suggested baro or radar minimum (click the line select key with empty scratchpad)
  • Added Extra 330 display panel with instruments like GPS ground speed, HSI, GPS altitude, rate of turn, etc.
  • Added Extra 330 display basic menu system (only main page has content at the moment)
  • Changed B58 3D-model textures of the interior and exterior redone, fresher look and sharper textures
  • Added B58 new HD livery with black and orange stripes
  • Added ASG 29 gliding computer menu system and new pages: adjust before takeoff, nearest airfield list, ...
  • Fixed MB339 some switches and knobs were not working correctly
  • Changed LJ45, Q400, C90 transponder switches between fine and coarse increments when the knobs are turned slowly or faster

To help get this beta update into the release channel of Aerofly FS 2, we kindly ask all users that use the Steam Beta channel to do a thorough test of all existing aircraft to see if the changes to the other aircraft may have messed something up. We've already tested it many times but we could have overlooked something.

Please post all issues related to the new Steam Beta update in this thread.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

19518-la-landing-png

19523-new-york-png

19524-kjfk-approach-png

• Like 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

...and still no landing/taxi light that illuminate, no C&D option on other aircraft...

He would make only one of them an encouraging start...but frankly, these guys are just incomprehensible, lol.

Sorry, but without me...!!!

Richard

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I don't think this release will make everybody really happy. It continues to show the drawbacks of AFS2. At least a little bit of a progress for the last two years of the same simulator without significant improvements.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

...and still no landing/taxi light that illuminate, no C&D option on other aircraft...

He would make only one of them an encouraging start...but frankly, these guys are just incomprehensible, lol.

Sorry, but without me...!!!

Richard

Agree. The simulator remains the same and no new features. I've given up this simulator and am waiting on the new MSFS.

3 hours ago, SSF said:

Agree. The simulator remains the same and no new features. I've given up this simulator and am waiting on the new MSFS.

So yeah.......

Only three posts on the forum and every one to dig at Aerofly. It's pretty obvious some people have now made a career of trolling this sim, god knows why.

If you are announcing you are done with it, congratulations and........ Bye?

For others, if you have nothing constructive to add, then create your own threads and have at it, but obsessively dumping on any informational post regarding this sim to say the same thing again and again, in some cases for years, will now be reported, as trolling.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Devon.  As long as they are not rude and crude about it, move on!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 hours ago, charliearon said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Devon.  As long as they are not rude and crude about it, move on!

I never said they didn't. What I did say was if they have nothing but negativity, to create their own threads for it. I seriously doubt that if I continued to enter p3d or X-Plane forums and had nothing but negative to say repeatedly, that it would be tolerated for long.

Eventually somebody would ask, and rightfully, why was I even there?

And absolutely it would not be tolerated if I specifically created a dummy account for that single purpose.

It's kind of sad, but if people are that determined to make it unpleasant to post, then I will desist.

• Upvote 2

Devons rig

Not being negative since I'm only aware of Aerofly as a name that showed promise some years ago so don't take this the wrong way. What's with the non-spinning fan blades?

The scenery looks good though.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

16 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

...but frankly, these guys are just incomprehensible, lol.

LoL, yes, this is the special touch of IPAC's developers, and you get it for free as well. 

Maybe they are so deeply connected with the vibrations of the universe or mother earth during their creative process, that those guys "sometimes" overlook the nearest ?!  Who knows :blink:, its an inscrutable secret .

But i really appreciate and admire the very active freeware developer community and their unshakable belief.  Really, those guys know how to wait and how to keep up high spirits !!!

Cheers.

PS: And NO !!!  This comment is not meant to be negative; just relax and take it easy guys :biggrin: .

17 hours ago, charliearon said:

Thanks charliearon,

Pointing out reality and facts is not being negative.
My complaint is the same as many users. In the ipacs forum it's impossible to discuss it. They simply delete the topics and delete the messages. For those who do not like this kind of constructive discussion, I suggest participating only in the iPacs forum.

• Like 3

I just completed a flight in this 777 from Denver to LAX. It was such an awesome experience flying it in VR. The plane performed very well, though I could not get the auto-throttle to work properly. Other than that, it was a perfect flight. The plane details look amazing! Thank you so much for this free gift.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2019 at 1:02 PM, SSF said:

My complaint is the same as many users. In the ipacs forum it's impossible to discuss it. They simply delete the topics and delete the messages. For those who do not like this kind of constructive discussion, I suggest participating only in the iPacs forum.

Yes, I fully agree on the assessment and suggestion for those who want to avoid "negativity", that for me, is no more than "reality".

I won't even try to discuss these things at the IPACS forums, the thread would be deleted in seconds.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Yes, I fully agree on the assessment and suggestion for those who want to avoid "negativity", that for me, is no more than "reality".

I won't even try to discuss these things at the IPACS forums, the thread would be deleted in seconds.

What's the point? What do you want to discuss? The slow development of Aerofly FS2?

IPACS has repeatedly admitted that their development is slow. That they are a small vulnerable team doing as best they can. 

What is it then you want to achieve with this recurring grievance over slow development - when IPACS already know and admit the reality? How motivating is it for the few developers to be constantly reminded of this challenge?

All flight simulators have their weaknesses and strengths. Rumors say that this will also apply to MSFS2020. I am currently tired of the FSX / P3D / X-plane. Therefore, currently Aerofly 2 is my preferred simulator. Maybe it's because I do not have this need to see cars running on the roads?

Edited by torium
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, torium said:

Therefore, currently Aerofly 2 is my preferred simulator

Then enjoy it as much as you can. I enjoy the others.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

Calm down guys !  With the upcoming MSF2020 there is our new "saviour" on the horizon which will satisfy all our different needs and expectations at once :tongue: .

MSF2020:

eine-eierlegende-wollmilchsau-fur-vw-922

• Upvote 1