Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly FS2 B777-300ER released with Sim Beta Updates

On 12/28/2019 at 10:59 AM, torium said:

What's the point? What do you want to discuss? The slow development of Aerofly FS2?

IPACS has repeatedly admitted that their development is slow. That they are a small vulnerable team doing as best they can. 

What is it then you want to achieve with this recurring grievance over slow development - when IPACS already know and admit the reality? How motivating is it for the few developers to be constantly reminded of this challenge?

All flight simulators have their weaknesses and strengths. Rumors say that this will also apply to MSFS2020. I am currently tired of the FSX / P3D / X-plane. Therefore, currently Aerofly 2 is my preferred simulator. Maybe it's because I do not have this need to see cars running on the roads?

There is only one problem: in this dynamic world of technology, those who are slow will fall behind. Aerofly was born without several important features and continues so to this day. The simulator that must now be hit is microsoft's new simulator. If PD3 and XP11 are already well behind the MSFS2020, then imagine aerofly ...

• Upvote 1

I do not know about the the upcoming sim from MS. I think we will have to wait and see. The fact that they are saying there is plenty of scope for third party developers tells me that a lot of us are going to disappointed in the base product. There is still much about AFS2 that I like.

14 hours ago, SSF said:

There is only one problem: in this dynamic world of technology, those who are slow will fall behind.

But isn't AFS2 built on today's technology? After all, FSX, P3D (underlying technology dates to 2006) and X-Plane are built on yesterday's technology - and have largely reached their potential. The future of the latter will only become more of the same. And that's ok for most people.

So far, AFS2 therefore does not have as many competitors on today's technology. Based on rumors from beta testers - those who today criticize AFS2 will probably also criticize the upcoming "VFR simulator" MSFS2020. Anyway we now have many good flight simulators to choose from. Wishing you all a Happy New Year. :smile:

Yes, it has a newer technology, but does not have the same features that we find in other simulators: moving vehicles, water, reflex effects, lighting effects, weather mechanism (rain, snow, more varieties of clouds) and etc.

The new FS2020 will have these features and with a visual and level of detail never before seen in any simulator.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Flamingpie said:

The lack of a weather engine is bugging me the most (and has bugged me ever since the day I bought AFS2 a few years ago).

IPACS recently said, quote: "We are also planning to bring a more realistic weather into Aerofly at some point but this is obviously a big feature that requires more than a year of our full time work."

iPacs only knows how to say that one day will implement ...
On the other hand, the competition appears showing this...

3 hours ago, SSF said:

iPacs only knows how to say that one day will implement ...
On the other hand, the competition appears showing this...

Honestly, this new MS video really not impresses me at all !!!

7728f4-1577915346.png

From beginning 0:54 on the pictures clearly remind on my Prepar3D v4.5 (hotfix) simulator which I'm able to run on my rig smoothly in most situations already. 

Of course not by default, but with ENVTEX (particular with TogaProject's  new ENVSHADE; which is really awesome !!!), the old FS Global Ultimate, TreesHD and ORBX Global I get almost the same results. - and various seasons and weather depection is already implemented --->

".....without any fee or subscription model; without any (instable) internet connection, without any concerns about building up a new rig or to purchase a X-Box, and without purchasing new software stuff in general."

I feel sorry for those people who are ongoing advertising this upcoming and still not available flightsim on the market.  Because they are - obviously - very unhappy with that what they already have, and are unable to find their right settings, and they are unable to enjoy it.

Or they must be blinded by all the MS marketing bling-bling.

Well IPACS, you are still in the race.  Just pull yourself together and give us some nice Aerofly FS 2 seasons and weather depection before the release of this overestimated MS-thingy, and the whole flightsim community will love you forever  :biggrin: .

Good luck.

Edited by KBUR
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, torium said:

IPACS recently said, quote: "We are also planning to bring a more realistic weather into Aerofly at some point but this is obviously a big feature that requires more than a year of our full time work."

At some point, yeah, right. Where did they post this? But anyway, they want to finish ATC first, so they said a few times in the past already, and that has been taking them 3 or 4 years or so already and they said they aren't even close to releasing it. So let's say they manage to finish it the coming year (which I don't expect) and then start working on weather, and then take into account they already say it will take MORE than a year and that would be a FULL TIME WORK year, while they also have other things to do, well... as I said, it will at least take 4 to 5 years before we will see anything of this in AFS2. (If we ever get to see it in AFS2 because I am sure they are thinking about AFS3 already.) However you look at this, they clearly will be TOO LATE.

• Like 1