Sign in to follow this  
ad6500

Mindstar 'MPI GAUGE' Error message

Good morning,

I am having an issue with loading the mindstar GNS 530/430 in aircraft. When I attempt to load an addon airplane with the Mindstar GNS, I get the following message:

'MPI GAUGE': Failed to load SimConnect interface DLL:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mindstar\Flight Simulator Addons\iSimConnect_SP2.dll

Error Code 126

I then hit "OK," and the dialogue box goes away, and the aircraft loads in. However, when I turn on the avionics master switch, I get the following message:

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program:...

File: c:\program fliles (x86)\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\atlcomcli.h

Line:173

Expression: p!=0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

The dialogue box gives me three options to click on: Abort, Retry, and Ignore. Abort simply closes down the simulator. Retry makes the window disappear, but the 530 screen remains blank. Ignore also makes the window go away, but the 530 screen still remains blank.

This was happening with the A2A Bonanza, FSX Boxed with SP 1 and SP 2, Windows 10. This same problem also happens when loading in other aircraft with the Mindstar GNS integrated into it.

How do I fix this?

You do not have SimConnect installed.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

WarpD,

I thought SimConnect was automatically installed when FSX is first downloaded? I have run the mindstar gns successfully for months up until now - could SimConnect have gotten uninstalled for some reason?

Anyway, I tried to reinstall simconnect using the following link:

http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect 

When I clicked on the installers, they simply opened, then shut down really quickly - they did not appear to be successful in installing simconnect. I still get the same message when trying to load the plane with the mindstar gns.

How do I install SimConnect?

Ok... I had a re-read of your OP.  That error message indicates some of our critical files are missing.  That means either a human or a piece of software has been making changes to files in the Mindstar installation folders.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok, what is the best way to fix that? should I just uninstall and reinstall the Mindstar GNS?

Go to our website, download the latest installer.

Run the latest installer as admin (right click, "Run as administrator").

Go through all of the installation steps.

Hopefully that will correct the issue.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Warp D,

That solved the problem! Everything seems to be running smoothly now.

Thank you for the support.

Always happy to help.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69