Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Best ATC addon today

21 hours ago, edpatino said:

You can import flightplans into Pro-ATC/X, although not sure if in different formats than the default *.pln, so no need to enter it manually. From simbrief you can also export in different formats.

Cheers, Ed

The Simbrief dispatch system has a "FSX/P3D (No SID/STAR) " flight plan format which works well with Pro-ATC/X.

I do get the feeling that Pro-ATC/X is no longer actively maintained though.

50 minutes ago, gb09f said:

Yeap, I have the same feeling. Too much time without seeing updates.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, gb09f said:

That is nothing new. 

Normally, we get a few updates around March what was cancelled this year, as the developer has hurt his hand. 

The rest of the year was always silence and no support. 

Pro ATC is a must have for me, but it is too bad to have no support. 

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if there’s been no updates, the support forum is still active.  I posted an issue and received assistance quickly.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I’m zeroing I’m on voxatc and proatcx. I’ll try vox since it offers 30-day trial.  I can’t find any free trial for proatcx though...

to be a bit more specific, I’m interested in the one that most closely resembles real world ATC for IFR. good VFR functions would be a nice bonus. I don’t care for voice recognition and better even, id like to have a “copilot” to handle ATC communication. I just need to know what the instructions are.  

not a fan of robotic voices but I guess all of them are robotic sounding to some extend.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

53 minutes ago, windycloud said:

I’m zeroing I’m on voxatc and proatcx. I’ll try vox since it offers 30-day trial.  I can’t find any free trial for proatcx though...

to be a bit more specific, I’m interested in the one that most closely resembles real world ATC for IFR. good VFR functions would be a nice bonus. I don’t care for voice recognition and better even, id like to have a “copilot” to handle ATC communication. I just need to know what the instructions are.  

not a fan of robotic voices but I guess all of them are robotic sounding to some extend.

PF3 has a virtual copilot that can handle ATC and frequency changes automatically.

If you try it be aware that the voices in the demo are not the best ones. Most of the 119 voices in the full version are better. As you say all electronic voices sound robotic to some extent and it is always subjective, but the PF3-voices sound good to me.

And as already has been said PF3 does not assign SIDs and STARs; it's up to you to choose and fly them. 

• Like 2

I'll chime in with my 02 cents.  My top 2 I bounce between are VOX and Pilot2ATC.  Both are voice driven if you're in to that, both offer a copilot/FO to manage radios and make calls for you if you'd like.  For instance, I typically fly airliners so Ill do my checklists with FS2Crew, and handle ATC.  Once I handoff to departure I typically flip on the FO, and let them manage the climbs and cruise, then I'll take over for descent.

The huge plus with Vox, is it actually injects and manages the air traffic around you.  This is a huge feature as the other voices you are taxing, and obtaining clearance are all actual AI traffic around you.  Far as I know there is no other ATC program that does that.  As others have said there is a bit of a learning curve, and its not perfect for sure - but its some of the best times I think I've had simming.  The 'progressive taxi' option in vox is nice too as it dynamically draws green taxi lights for you, as well as red lights for your hold points.  Makes handling unknown airports a breeze.  Pilot2ATC does as well, but via a map within the app itself.  Pilot2ATC has some of the best support from Dave here on the forums as well.  Vox, well, don't expect much out of the developer as of late.  I will say, there are alot of helpful folks on the forums here on the vox subforum that have alot of knowledge with vox.

• Pros for Vox: 
    • Voice Driven
    • VFR/IFR
    • Manages AI
    • Very slick taxi/hold features
    • Supports Emergencies
    • No built in flight planning that I'm aware of, Pulls the flightplan direct from what you've loaded in the sim
    • *This is a personal preference - can edit the AI taxi speed to tweak the flow of traffic very easily
  • Cons
    • Lack of dev support, which could mean lack of updates
    • Occasional odd taxi routes
    • Occasional bugs
  • Netural Opinion:
    • Typical interfacing with the app is via the in game panel
    • Not as user friendly in my opinion, but once you get acquainted with the system you're good to go
  • Pros for Pilot2ATC:
    • Voice Driven
    • VFR/IFR
    • Excellent support from the dev
    • User friendly application
    • Supports flight planning within the app or import from Simbrief or various other apps
    • Supports background ATC Chatter
  • Cons for Pilot2ATC:
    • Doesn't control AI (Yet!  I asked the dev about this once and he said it would come at some point)

To be fair I haven't used Pilot2ATC in a few months so some of this may have changed.  I've also used ProATCX, but havent in at least 2 years when I started to look for something voice driven.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

On 12/19/2019 at 4:50 PM, Pete Dowson said:

When I used Radar Contact it was pretty US based as I recall. I think each product probably does better in its athor's own areas.

Pete

Hi Pete,

RC4 had different phraseology for FAA and non-FAA areas. Doug provided the FAA rules and Pete P the non-FAA (or ICAO?) rules. Remember him?

One difference was how your call sign was enunciated. "Speedbird One Three Five" in Europe would become "Speedbird One Thirty Five" in FAA areas.

Other differences at the time were Taxi into Position and Hold in FAA-land and Line Up and Wait in non-FAA areas. Since then the FAA has come into line with non-FAA and LUAW is now used in both.

There are other differences but those are two that come to mind.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Decimal and point in frequencies is one that would bother me.

That’s another difference. FAA uses point; non-FAA uses decimal. Both advisors for RC4 were real life ATC so the phraseology was spot on.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I just tried to purchase PRO-ATC/x I waited several days for the email and download links, i tried a couple different times to register on their forum after failed attempts at contacting them through their emails. I finally filed a dispute with pay pal and I am now waiting to get my money back, it sounds like they may have contacted the company but the only information they gave me was that they were refunding me my money. At no time did I receive an email from the people at pro-atc. I wonder if it might be appropriate for those that moderate the AVsim forums to make a general post about this. I did research and never found anything that would indicate this has happened to others (including looking at this forum) and i think it might be worth posting an advisory for people to try and contact the company or register on the forum before attempting to buy the product.

I look forward to hearing any feedback on this.

David Boudreau

My favorite topic last 20 years lol 

On 12/18/2019 at 7:15 PM, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

You have many topics on Avsim related to this question.

Nevertheless I have Pilot2Atc, PF3, Radar Contact and VoxAtc.

I mainly use Radar Contact and VoxAtc.

-VoxAtc is from my point of view the best. Very simple to implement, it works by voice (you will have to buy additional voices), you have the possibility to have a co-pilot who manages, if you wish, ATC. This software generates and manages the Ai (it is the only one that does it).

Very good vectoring even in mountainous regions, 9 times out of 10 it will not send you to a mountain during an approach. He manages the Sid and Star as well as he can.

------------------------

-Radar Contact is one of the best also. Very simple. If you want to command it by voice you will need to add Multi Crew Experience (excellent program). It doesn't have all the possibilities of Vox but he never left me in default. Last but not least, it is free!

------------------------

Pilot2Atc and PF3 have their qualities but also their defects (longer to put into service), relative obligation to declare in advance the Sid and Star...the type and characteristics of the aircraft (speed, rate of descent, rate of climb)and so...None of this is necessary in VoxAtc. Vox has a database of the aircraft, Sid, Star you use.

That said, about the last two, I sometimes use them from time to time just to change moods...

---------------

It should be noted that all these programs can be tried for free before purchasing them.

If you have specific questions about any of these programs, I will try to answer them.

Richard.

Excellent post, Richard. Do you use VOX in networked configuration or on the main PC?

Thanks.

@Dirk98

Hi Dirk,

I use VoxAtc on the main PC.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

PF3 all the way! Highly customisable and flexible. Can use it with GA or airliners. Disable robotic voices via options and you're good to go.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.