Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

No more developments on Orbx Vector - I am just sad

Hey guys,

These days I do not know what is happening on Orbx.  I just do not hear from the developers that much; I miss reading their interaction.  I am not saying they are not responding; they are but something is different and I can not put my finger on it.

I hope they are working on Vector 2 product or something.  I am truly hoping that is the case but as of right now Vector is not going to be improved further or developed.

The lights on the highways are not all working based on this thread 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/183105-global-lights-not-lighting-up-some-roads-in-openlc-na/

Maybe it is P3D4.5hf2 changes and maybe the issue is on LMs end....who knows; everyone can point the finger at the other guy (vice-versa)

I will still buy Orbx stuff as I still love their stuff (I have 99.7% of all their products - I gotta get them all) ; but just disappointed that one my fav addons which changed the sim for me and now it isn't developed or improved further 😭

Below is Nick's response

"I have been involved in support for Vector since its release.  I have asked the same question as you do and at present, there are no plans to further develop or improve Vector." --- this is from the thread mentioned above.

I have to give my appreciation to Nick's work - lately he has responding to so many queries - probably is the hardest man work in Flightsim/Orbx Support.

Hoping for the best 

Now I am just gonna eat some cookies as I am little sad, chocolate chippies make me happy 😋

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

If I remember correctly, Vector was based upon the work done by Pilots coincident with their terrain mesh, specifically the version prior to NG Ultimate (which I have). 

I wonder if the issue is more at Pilot's end than Orbx?

• Upvote 2

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Yes, there are many errors and other issues with FTX Vector, and Pilot's is no longer responsible for fixing them.  ORBX was supposed to take over responsibility for Vector once Pilot's contract period ended, which it did quite a while ago.  ORBX also stated that they would provide support and fixes for it, but based on your quote from ORBX's Nick Cooper I see that they are now reneging on yet another agreement they made with their customers. 

Unfortunately, ORBX management chose to focus their efforts and resources on TrueEarth scenery and niche or boutique type of scenery like a lot of airports that few have ever even heard of, so little or no work has been done not only with Vector, but with openLC Africa and Asia as well, projects which they repeatedly teased over the past several years and which are now likely defunct.  There is a small hope that at least openLC Africa will be finished and released.  We'll see.

ORBX has greatly disappointed me and many others, and in my opinion the blame lies squarely with poor management.  Now I read that they will be 3rd party developers for the new MSFS, which is good news on its face.  However, this may also mean that their focus will now shift again to the new sim and away from their products for P3D and FSX, leaving many of us who bought their products high and dry.  I hope this is not the case.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I wouldn't be surprised if this also has to do with MSFS 2020, which, for all I can see (and thank god for that!) will probably make Vector-like products entirely obsolete.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this also has to do with MSFS 2020, which, for all I can see (and thank god for that!) will probably make Vector-like products entirely obsolete.

Ya, I am still keeping my P3D as it is 64bit - I am just not gonna abandon it overnight - me still love my 64 bit sim

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

44 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Ya, I am still keeping my P3D as it is 64bit - I am just not gonna abandon it overnight - me still love my 64 bit sim

Yep, I'll not give up my working and very real P3D 64bit... which now and into the foreseeable future works for me every time I want to fly.  Let others get all goofy and excited about a new sim from MS.  I won't put much into MS's efforts until I see it work, and I mean really work with VR, weather, variety of aircraft... and they stick around!  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to fly my sim.  The FS2020 owners should feel free to fly their sim... oh wait! :biggrin:

Greg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

+10

So much time and $'s invested in P3D.

One question I keep asking myself as I have not seen it mentioned anywhere. What are the minimum requirements to run MSFS 2020? Anyone know?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

One question I keep asking myself as I have not seen it mentioned anywhere. What are the minimum requirements to run MSFS 2020? Anyone know?

No announcement yet.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Out of curiosity what recent service packs were released for Vector?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

18 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Out of curiosity what recent service packs were released for Vector?

They just upgraded the Vector config tool to read external addon scenery entries pretty fast - but this is only with new Central.

I think this is fair enough by orbx. Vector is several years old now and we cant expect them to continually update it with no monetary return in sight. It would substantially disrupt future projects if they have to continually update old products.

I think this is orbx realising they are spread too thinly and need to focus on key areas that will bring in revenue streams. They are a business after all.

With ms2020, vector is going to become more defunct. Xplane does not need it. Perhaps p3d v5 might not either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanh said:

I think this is fair enough by orbx. Vector is several years old now and we cant expect them to continually update it with no monetary return in sight. It would substantially disrupt future projects if they have to continually update old products.

I think this is orbx realising they are spread too thinly and need to focus on key areas that will bring in revenue streams. They are a business after all.

With ms2020, vector is going to become more defunct. Xplane does not need it. Perhaps p3d v5 might not either.

Then they should tell you they don't update it or support it anymore when you go to the link below.  

https://orbxdirect.com/product/global-vector

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Orbx and customer interaction + topic title = care meter fails to go above zero.

• Like 1

Eric 

All based on MS Flight Simulator 2020, no need for Vector anymore. Orbx will still need to develop airports and aircraft for the new sim.

I know PMDG will..... :-)

The last update to Vector was over a year ago in Nov 2018. It shouldn't come as any surprise that they aren't working any further on it.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS