Sign in to follow this  
NavyAce

FSX Fatal Error Loading and Throttle Problem

Hi Again Jim,

I hope your Christmas went well and Santa brought you a lot of new toys to fly. I wanted to let you know that I have made more progress with the dlll.mxl file. I typed FSX.cfg into the search box and it took me to a list of links for further information I selected one and it took me to a forums page that gave me the following pathway:

If you've got Vista/Win 7: C:\Users\(Your Windows User Name)\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

I followed this and found the dll.mxl file in the same spot just as you mentioned. I opened it and found a list that included the mention of two addon modules that I thought would be appropriate: A2A Feel and AccuFeelMenu, since both of them refer to the AccuFeel program and have pathways that mention modules. I then wanted to apply the change you mentioned, making the False entries True, but couldn't find a way to do this. I tried clicking the cursor after the e and back spacing the word out and then retyping the False entry as True, but the cursor wouldn't take. I can highlight the word False but I was afraid to click delete in case I would then not be able to type in the new word. Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks for your help. I am learning a lot from going through all this.

Wayne

If the dll.xml is read only, you cannot edit it.  This means Windows Defender has denied you permission to edit any files in the folder through their Controlled folder access.  When you have controlled folder access turned on, it immediately changes the attributes of all files in a controlled folder to read only so no evil person can change them.  Windows Defender has a way for you to exclude the protected folders from being scanned by Windows Defender.  Once the folder is excluded, Windows Defender will change all the attributes and allow you to read and write to the files inside.  I have controlled folder access turned off as I trust anything being installed in my flight simulator folders.  You'll find the controlled folder access settings under Virus & threat protection settings.  Under Virus & threat protection, you can click on protection history and see all of the files that have been blocked.  You should also download and install Notepad ++ which is a better program for editing than the one Microsoft gave you in Windows.  When you edit the dll.xml, you place your cursor over the file, right click, and select Edit with Notepad++.  If you right click the dll.xml file, you can right click on it and select Properties.  It will then show you if the file is read only.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Again Jim,

I realized after I had sent my previous post why I was having trouble editing the dll.mxl file. I opened it with a mouse click instead of using Notepad, which I have had on my computer for some time. When I right clicked on the file and used the Open With/Notepad option I was able to gain access to the file for editing. I quickly made the changes to the two modules as you suggested, clicked Save and tried to restart the game. Bingo! It is now loading normally (although it seems possibly a bit slower than I remember but this is probably just my imagination), so evidently AccuFeel is the culprit. Interestingly enough the stuttering, semi-cycling landing gear problem has disappeared, but the throttle range is still limited. I am now going to go to the A2A website and see if they have any updates for AccuFeel. If not, I may try uninstalling the program and then doing a reinstall to see what happens. Thanks for  all your help. Stay tuned and I'll keep you advised!

Wayne

8 hours ago, NavyAce said:

If not, I may try uninstalling the program and then doing a reinstall to see what happens. Thanks for  all your help. Stay tuned and I'll keep you advised!

If you do reinstall, turn off any anti-virus program and right click the installer and select Run as Administrator.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Here's the latest. I thought I would let you know that AccuFeel is apparently working on my Win 7 Desk Top. I did an uninstall and a fresh, clean install of my v2 and the first time I tried starting the game (as an administrator) with it enabled I got the same old fatal error message. I then tried running the game with AccuFeel disabled (still as an administrator) and the game started. I then tried starting the game twice more (still as an administrator) with AccuFeel enabled and on the second try it loaded normally. I have started the game numerous time since then (the last few times not as an administrator) and it has continued to load, so I think all is well but I will continue to monitor the situation. Thanks for your help.

Wayne

• Like 1