Sign in to follow this  
Noell

GTN Complete Touch-Screen Support

While trying to get an issue sorted concerning access to Flight1's GTN Complete forum I thought I'd ask the question here....

Just set up a small touch screen monitor and it seems to be working fine except with the F1 GTN Complete.

The product description says the GTN Complete is touch-screen compatible but do I have to enable it in some setup menu somewhere?

I looked in GTN setup as well as in the GTN config utility but found no mention of touch screen.

Also looked through the user manual without success.

Surely I must be missing something. If anyone is running the GTN on a touch screen I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Take a look at this parameter... I usually have to set it to 0 for my touchscreen to work correctly.

Go to:   %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge

Open:   GTN_config.ini

Parameter:
[Legacy]
Enabled=0

Thanks for the reply but no joy.

If I set the [Legacy] paraameter to 0 the GTN does not power up. All I get is a blank screen.

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

I use the GTN750 on a touch screen and have no issues. The only thing I can think of is to make sure you configure your touch screen to move the mouse and (left) click when you touch the screen (not just move the mouse). I did not have to change any configuration for the GTN itself.

Thanks for the reply.

It is only the GTN that does not work with the touch screen

For example, if I drag an autopilot  panel onto the touch screen it works just fine.

With the GTN dragged over to the touch screen, whenever I tap a button all I get is that "bonk" sound windows presents when you click on an un-permitted function. Furthermore (and this is really weird) I just found out that the map zoom controls on the GTN work perfectly on the touch screen but those are the only two buttons that work as they should.

Hi,

I have use GTN with PC-12 aircraft and Asus touch monitor. It working, but I have to slide finger a little over screen, not simple touch only. All working fine by this way. With Legacy set to zero I have problem with powering GTN. I need switch avionics to ON and OFF few times for powering GTN  and GTN working fine without sliding finger by this way.

Mark

Prepare3Dv5 / ASUS Prime Z390A / I9 9900K @ 4.8 GHz / GSkill 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHZ CL15 @ 3400 MHz / RTX4070TI / Windows 10 Home / Monitor Philips 436M6VBPAB / Force Feedback Yoke / Thrustmaster PTR rudder pedals

Try this. I had the same problem. You have a "Other" tab in P3D v4 settings. There you have two options for touch screen (i don't know how they are called because I am not currently at home). Try both of the settings and I am sure that one of them should fix your problem.

This is my touch screen with GTN750 working without problems:

EDIT:

I am now at home. Try one of these two settings:

other.png

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

I had discussed this on Flight1 forum. They know about touch screen problem, confirmed it, but they have not it i plans for resolve in close future. Shade.

Mark

Prepare3Dv5 / ASUS Prime Z390A / I9 9900K @ 4.8 GHz / GSkill 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHZ CL15 @ 3400 MHz / RTX4070TI / Windows 10 Home / Monitor Philips 436M6VBPAB / Force Feedback Yoke / Thrustmaster PTR rudder pedals

Touch screen is working for me. You have to try one of the two options in the settings (Use Gestures or Use Multi-touch). I can't remember which one worked for me so try both.

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

I turned on the multi-touch option in P3D which helped but still does not make my GTN Complete fully touch screen capable.

With touch-screen now turned on in P3D I can control everything as long as it is on the main screen.

Anything outside the main screen like Back, MSG, Menu, Direct, Home etc. still does not work with a touch input.

For example, from the home screen I can touch Flight Pan and enter a waypoint with no problem but when I hit Enter nothing happens.

So, while enabling multi-touch was a step forward I still have to use a combination of touch and mouse clicks or mouse clicks only to really do anything.

Thanks all for the suggestions so far.

I have problems with HOME and DIR button also when clicking them with my mouse. 

BACK, ENTER and other buttons you have problems with are working fine for me. 

I will make hardware buttons for HOME and DIR for my home cockpit so I won't have to press them using touch screen.

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Could anyone please point me in the right direction to finding the correct size touch screen LCD panel for the gtn750? 

I ordered a 7inch panel but turned out to be too long and not wide enough, looks very similar to @branimir post above with the video link. but I’d like to find a panel very close or identical to the original specs listed on garmins website. 

Cheers, 

Brandon 

Why can't RXP or Flight1 just make an Android and Apple version of their GTN software that can work the sim via a small wifi server app.

Think

F1 Beech 200 FMS controller

IFMS

FsRadio Panel

The logic would still be in the panel unit, the control would be on the tab.

1 minute ago, Gary1124 said:

Why can't RXP or Flight1 just make an Android and Apple version of their GTN software that can work the sim via a small wifi server app.

Think

F1 Beech 200 FMS controller

IFMS

FsRadio Panel

The logic would still be in the panel unit, the control would be on the tab.

Because they rely on GTN Trainers, which are maintained by Garmin and thus the whole backend of the Trainer would need to be on mobile (something that I dont think Garmin is interested in doing).