Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Projectfly down

I have noticed projectfly is down and has been for around 4 days?

Has it moved or has matt not paid the outstanding bills.

Or is this the update to a new version happening?

Don't let's get into the politics just info on what's happening please.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

17 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Has it moved or has matt not paid the outstanding bills.

Or is this the update to a new version happening?

Not paid the Bill, then he has, database has been moved, now he is migrating everything. No time given, but it is close. ( Source: FB )

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Great, thanks guys. I like projectfly to log all none virtual airline flights. I hope the basic version will still be free.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

30 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Great, thanks guys. I like projectfly to log all none virtual airline flights. I hope the basic version will still be free.

I don't think he should do anything for free to be honest. It is the reason the project keeps going down.. No funds, no service.. Simple maths..

S.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

I don't think he should do anything for free to be honest. It is the reason the project keeps going down.. No funds, no service.. Simple maths..

S.

Well sometimes when you get something for free and like it, you upgrade to the paid version to get the extras if they fit your needs, rings any bells?

23 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well sometimes when you get something for free and like it, you upgrade to the paid version to get the extras if they fit your needs, rings any bells?

Doesn't work with online services. As it has been proven twice now with project f.

People want to keep using it for free, then all hell goes lose when it all goes down the hill.

S.

• Like 3

So how do virtual airlines stay online then? No am not arguing with you to be clear as its a forum.

I use https://vamsys.io/select and use 2 out of the 3. They provided a better service that project file does (free version) for doing flights, I get gate numbers, routes, weather etc etc. I use projectfly to just log flights (outside my VA, I don't double log)and see my landing rates.

I don't pay or are asked to pay the above, also BAV who do the best job, still also do it for free.

So a basic projectfly is nice to have but I would find it hard to justify paying for it within the way I use it compared to all the virtual airlines that don't charge a penny for an amazing service.

So within the realms of virtual airlines they do work well for an online service.So "Doesn't work with online services." I have to disagree. Unless you want all projectfly bells and whistles and don't use VA's then yes I think it would be worth paying for. But all the VA's I use, I see a full report of my flights with all the details I would ever need for free.They even score you on your flight, landing and performance etc.

So them online services do work and have done so for years. All for free.

• Upvote 2

The problem with Vamsys and any virtual airlines is that you can't fly with any more than the airlines provided. With ProjectFly there is no such restriction and this is the big factor for me.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Yes it's great for that, i agree. You can fly anywhere in anything. For some thats a huge appeal.

6 hours ago, simbol said:

S.

Yup, 100% agree. I've been saying this for over a year now. It's a great program and making it subscription only, will allow it to be self sustaining.

Sante Sottile

For a similar to a VA experience and no restrictions whatsoever as to what you fly, where you fly etc, do check out air-source.us. They've been around for a while and the guys involved are still actively supporting the site. Yes, for free.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Looks like they are back up? For now?

- Aaron

is anybody able to import their vatsim history?  Mine looks like it stops on Dec 16th (right when project fly went down).  I was looking to import the rest between then and now. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next