Sign in to follow this  
chevelle505

MILVIZ forums...

Ok so i was over on milviz's own forums and apparently you cant register (theres no option), but you also cant contact an administrator...am i missing something?? Would like to be able to have access to the support forum before dropping doe on an airplane.

You won't get access to a support forum.  You will get access to the general forums.  Support forums are only for registered owners.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

nothing here

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

30 minutes ago, Milviz said:

You won't get access to a support forum.  You will get access to the general forums.  Support forums are only for registered owners.

Will he not have any access to support forum?  Or just not able to post messages there?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

no one who is not a registered owner or a dev, gets access to the support forums. 

The reason we do this is so that only owners get support.  There's far FAR too much piracy....

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

The reason we do this is so that only owners get support. 

I understand.  That is precisely why industry peers restrict the ability to post.  But the ability to view support history can be a real key to an incoming user making purchase decisions.  It allows a prospective customer to view product history as well as the quality of customer service.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

But the ability to view support history can be a real key to an incoming user making purchase decisions.  It allows a prospective customer to view product history as well as the quality of customer service.

Glad im not the only one who sees that!

I as a matter of fact did purchase the corsair through sim market. I was looking at maybe getting the king air 350i...not sure though, when your not even "allowed" to register on a forum with proof of purchase or something, seems a bit ridiculous to me

you can register on the forums and there are a lot people who are there...  but for support... as we only recently started using DRM, this is how we prevent pirates from getting our stuff.

Plus, in the support forums we also post new builds and updates for all clients.  Sorry but that's just not going to be opened to the general public.

3 hours ago, chevelle505 said:

I was looking at maybe getting the king air 350i

This must be the most optimistic quote for 2019 !! 

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Sadly this is the way developers are going they don't want users posting problems on a forum but make you use a support ticket away from other users to read. Support forums will be a thing of the past soon. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

20 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Sadly this is the way developers are going they don't want users posting problems on a forum but make you use a support ticket away from other users to read. Support forums will be a thing of the past soon. 

IMO forums should be for user to user support, which should be limited to questions related to how to use the product. Support issues that the developer should handle by ticket should relate to reporting of potential bugs in the software, questions about billing/other purchase issues and problems with installing the software.

Why do I agree with the above dichotomy in support? The answer is that the vast majority of support requests are from users who, for a variety of reasons (inexperience, native language issues, reluctance to thoroughly read the documentation, etc.)  keep asking the same questions over and over. I'd rather developers spend time on fixing bugs and improving their products.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We don't and will not do tickets.  Post your issue and we deal with it... if we can.

That said, our support forums will stay behind closed doors.  We post files that are only for registered owners. If you're not sure about a product, ASK.  If it's not the answer you want to hear or, worse, you don't trust us... there's not much we can do... support forums or not.  Those who've had issues with our products are, for the most part, happy with what we've done.