Sign in to follow this  
golfguy

All settings are distorted

Helllo:

Recently, all my ChasePlane presets became distorted. They are all way zoomed out requiring me to reset all preset views.  Is there another/easier  way to correct this problem?

I have a lot of aircraft and each has many presets. II look forward to hearing from you and thanks.

Dennis

On 12/19/2019 at 11:11 AM, golfguy said:

Helllo:

Recently, all my ChasePlane presets became distorted. They are all way zoomed out requiring me to reset all preset views.  Is there another/easier  way to correct this problem?

I have a lot of aircraft and each has many presets. II look forward to hearing from you and thanks.

Dennis

I just developed this issue, did you ever get it resolved?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Delete your Prepar3D.cfg file and let it regenerate

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

9 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Kevin,

I will try that but I've read others did that in the past and it made no difference so I focused on the camera.cfg file.

I was putting that other because I will need to make my edits again (none of which affect CP) and reset all my settings, but I'll give it a try and report back.

Thanks again for your great product.

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

On 4/18/2020 at 1:21 PM, Keven Menard said:

Hi Joe,

I deleted both the Prepar3d.CFG and the Cameras.CFG and neither of them worked....

It's strange as this is the first time chaseplane has caused me an issue...

Dave

Another individual seeing this same problem and deleting the files does nothing?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/573520-sudden-zoom-level-distorted-preset-views-please-help/

Joe

Hi Joe,

Got my issue sorted....As I had updraded to Prepar3d v 4.5 HF 3 I needed to migrate my Old Prop (Chase plane ) to Orbx central...Which I did...What I should aoso have done but didn't lol was delete chase plane via their UI VFX Central) and then reinstall from Orbx central..which I then did... Ithen uninstalled VFX Central as advised.

Once I had followed those steps I got my old chase plane back lol...working flawlessly again.

Have you tried those steps...let me know how you get on..

Dave

1 minute ago, davenicoll said:

Hi Joe,

Got my issue sorted....As I had updraded to Prepar3d v 4.5 HF 3 I needed to migrate my Old Prop (Chase plane ) to Orbx central...Which I did...What I should aoso have done but didn't lol was delete chase plane via their UI VFX Central) and then reinstall from Orbx central..which I then did... Ithen uninstalled VFX Central as advised.

Once I had followed those steps I got my old chase plane back lol...working flawlessly again.

Have you tried those steps...let me know how you get on..

Dave

The PC I have this issue on is actually one I built for a friend. It was a clean install of the new Orbx Central and CP was installed from Orbx per the new business arrangement. 

ChasePlane was working fine for several weeks and then all of the sudden the zoom issue showed up.

Thanks for the input but that's not the issue we are facing unfortunately.

Joe

I'm having issues also since the most recent chaseplane update via orbx.  All is usually fine when i start p3d and chaseplane.  Then over the course of the flight is when the issue with preset camera views gets weird.  An example.  I'll switch to my overhead panel view and it will be slightly panned/tilted so not straight up and down.  Or I'll go to my FMC view and it will be tilted.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next