Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

December 19th, 2019 - Development/Insider Update

7 hours ago, lzamm said:

Aren't they supposed to be chasing bugs rather than gawking at pretty pictures? 😉 

Boy, this sounds VERY FAMILIAR to me!

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

1 hour ago, overspeed3 said:

Is 14 years worth waiting for what hopes to be the next quantum leap in Microsoft's flight simulation?

It's not as if we've been doing nothing all these years.  It's been a good time, think the PMDG and FSLabs birds, the Orbx overhaul, FreemeshX and too many others to mention, to say nothing of the X-plane scene which was helped immeasurably by Microsoft's abandoning the flightsim arena.  And I think we'll get a couple more years out of them before the new boy on the block has the add-ons and stability to compete, gee-whizz graphics or not.

But bring it on!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lzamm said:

It's not as if we've been doing nothing all these years.  It's been a good time, think the PMDG and FSLabs birds, the Orbx overhaul, FreemeshX and too many others to mention, to say nothing of the X-plane scene which was helped immeasurably by Microsoft's abandoning the flightsim arena.  And I think we'll get a couple more years out of them before the new boy on the block has the add-ons and stability to compete, gee-whizz graphics or not.

But bring it on!

I don't call modelling the entire planet in realistic detail "gee-whizz graphics" as if it's just some sort of eye candy.

Current sims can't compete as they've already been rendered obsolete in my view.

My current sims desktop shortcuts are getting cobwebs on them- after 20 years of simming- been there done that- nothing new to see or experience.

Now for the first time we can explore our entire planet in fantastic realistic detail.

We will explore places we've never been before, there is a lifetime of exploring to do.

So many places I want to see, Patagonia, The Isle of Skye and entirety of the UK, Africa, Japan, Europe, The Andes, India, The Philippines, Iceland, Canada, Alaska etc etc.

It's all there for the taking right out of the box. For the first time we've truly been given the world and for that I am grateful beyond words.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

MEDIA UPDATE

This week we’d like to spotlight a few user submitted screenshots from Tech Alpha!

Screenshot credit – U/z32ands30

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Technical-Alp

Does anyone know where in the world this is? 

13 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Does anyone know where in the world this is? 

If GST stands for Gustavus airport (it has a runway 2/20) it probably is Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska.

9 minutes ago, royalwin said:

Could be wrong, but it looks like GST is the registration/call sign.

True. Maybe they chose that callsign because it is based at Gustavus? Or it is just somewhere else. 🙂

Btw it is interesting to see that there already is ATC apparently!

I’d guess it’s somewhere else based on the gst being the registration on the TBM in the other videos with that plane.

It's the beginning of the holidays and I'm so frustrated that these lucky testers will be able to enjoy their holidays exploring the beautiful world in MSFS, while we won't even have an update for the next 3 weeks

42 minutes ago, cepact said:

It's the beginning of the holidays and I'm so frustrated that these lucky testers will be able to enjoy their holidays exploring the beautiful world in MSFS, while we won't even have an update for the next 3 weeks

I am honestly feeling depressed right now. What sucks even more is that alpha 2 might not be available up until march and then there is still a possibility that you might not get selected. The least they could do is open the Alpha forum to all the insiders so we have something to bite on while we wait. Completely shutting out the non alpha users is torture.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

8 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

I am honestly feeling depressed right now. What sucks even more is that alpha 2 might not be available up until march and then there is still a possibility that you might not get selected. The least they could do is open the Alpha forum to all the insiders so we have something to bite on while we wait. Completely shutting out the non alpha users is torture.

I believe Tech Alpha 1 was delayed due to some compilation issues, so Tech Alpha 2 might not take that long to arrive. And if you don't get selected, Tech Alpha 3 recruitment opens in mid-January so there will be another chance soon after. Third time could be the charm.

I feel the pain but the ecstasy

We in a way having come from FS95 FS98 whichever to see where we are going to be taken in 2020 by Asobo and MSFS is like well words cant describe it. I feel giddy before we talk ATC/Seasons Heavy Birds I mean just the VFR capability with a simple twin will keep us busy and for me a person that spends hours exploring Google Earth this is going to be having all my Christmas dreams in one go.

We are so lucky to have a company like Asobo and the new guys looking after this Franchise. The transparency was unheard of 10 years ago we did not even know who Aces was....

Still wondering if we can fly over a Waterfall? Now that would be something!

H

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Hamish100 said:

We in a way having come from FS95 FS98 whichever to see where we are going to be taken in 2020 ...

Now you know how I feel having started with FS4 on a monochrome screen 😉

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, cepact said:

If they’re doing their job properly they’ll be thinking of ways to ‘break’ the program. That’s what testers do. Just flying around enjoying the view is not testing. If they have control of the weather try adding 20 layers of various cloud types and try to bring the sim to its knees. Can they use up all available memory and if they do how does the program react.

If it survives that test then think up another scenario. Testing is hard work, not a ride in the park. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather