Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Front Panel Connectors on Asus Maximus IX Hero

I have tried running the bootable USB drive on my existing PC, and it gets to the first setup screen without any problems whatsoever.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1. I do not have another CLEAN drive without wiping the C drive in my existing PC....and that would leave me without a PC at all until this has been sorted.

A HDD 250 GB is as cheap as 18 quid on Amazon. 

I have checked the motherboard manual, and I know how to flash the BIOS from a USB drive. I will do that now.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Fingers crossed. Trouble with issues like this is its trial and error. You just have to try stuff. 

Updating the BIOS has not resolved the issue. The BIOS has definitely been updated, because it now states revision 1.301 on the post screen.

It is worth noting that the white (VGA) LED light beneath the Q counter on the motherboard appears at times when the monitor goes into SLEEP mode (usually with the number 62 or 04 above it). Is this a possible sign of a GPU issue?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

53 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Updating the BIOS has not resolved the issue. The BIOS has definitely been updated, because it now states revision 1.301 on the post screen.

It is worth noting that the white (VGA) LED light beneath the Q counter on the motherboard appears at times when the monitor goes into SLEEP mode (usually with the number 62 or 04 above it). Is this a possible sign of a GPU issue?

62 can be related to GPU I recall. Further weight added by the VGA LED. You could try your old graphics card in the new PC. 

04 is related to fast boot, not an error I don't think, just for info. Try disabling fast boot. 

Edited by martin-w

That white LED also appears on my Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero.

You should, theoretically speaking only see AO in red to state 'all ok'.

I am hoping that you have supplied the GPU with 2x4-pin power, or the PSU is under-powered.

4 minutes ago, vc10man said:

You should, theoretically speaking only see AO in red to state 'all ok'.

Or 40. 40 on my board. 40 is also normal. Usually 40 if fast boot is enabled I recall. 

Edited by martin-w

probaly ram related, NVRAM initialization is 61 then if ram falis, then  load the Installation of the PCH Runtime Services code 62  you stuck at 62. not the first time this happens when work with mems.

do you run 2 or 4 sticks ? start with 2 sticks in the gray slots , enable xmp then turn down the rammspeed to 2800mhz as start dont forget to put the ram voltage to 1.4 v -1.45v as start 

Edited by westman

The same reboot sequence (or monitor disable) ocurs with all four sticks of RAM separately, and in all four separate RAM slots.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The same reboot sequence (or monitor disable) ocurs with all four sticks of RAM separately, and in all four separate RAM slots.

if you boot with mem ok can you get into bios , if not use " mem ok " with 2 sticks in slot A2 B2

Edited by westman

Z270 can be very hard to get to run with 4 sticks. best to start with to sticks and SAMSUNG B-die is compatible but not at much more then 3600-3800 mhz it related to imc of cpu.

The memory is at 2133 Mhz at the moment, and I would prefer to leave it there until I get my problems sorted out (if I ever do) :sad: I have just tested the new PC with the integrated graphics on the motherboard, and the results are basically the same as when I had the GTX 980 Ti installed. I got into a bit of bother removing that card from the PCIe x16 slot. It only half came out, and I had a word not allowed of a time getting it back in so that I could "flick the switch" to get it out easily. My own fault for not being careful enough, but I was scared that I was going to damage the motherboard! That thing is a battleship :unsure:

This entire episode is making me depressed. I just want a working PC without all of this stress :angry:

EDIT: Does the fact that I was getting similar Q counter numbers with the white (VGA) LED light on (with both the GTX 980 Ti and the integrated graphics) shed any light on the source of the problem?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png