Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

I am not buying fs2020 computer in advance.

Gonna wait until someone does a hardware test benchmark tool vs. fs2020 fps thread, and I see how cheap a machine I can away with. Won't somebody build one using fs2020 and thereby do most of the shopping work for me? I'm lazy😁

• Like 4

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Gonna wait until someone does a hardware test benchmark tool vs. fs2020 fps thread, and I see how cheap a machine I can away with. Won't somebody build one using fs2020 and thereby do most of the shopping work for me? I'm lazy😁

+1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

44 minutes ago, Fielder said:

fs2020 does not exist, how could anyone build a PC for it? 

Lawrence Hamilton

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own3_378x68.png

4 hours ago, Lawy said:

fs2020 does not exist, how could anyone build a PC for it? 

Of course it exists. It is just not released yet. In any case, I am pretty sure that the general performance will better, or at least more consistent, than P3D’s. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

(Almost) same strategy here. I need/want to change my current gear. It’s too early.

FS2020 is still building and hardware prices are declining. Oh no, there’s a new whatever-GPU or CPU approaching ?! 🙂 Let’s peacefully wait with my P3D and upcoming benchmarks. 

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

My sentiments as well

I will need to up, but  will be most of the time off-line, i think . So, yea no cooking clue as what will be needed ( It is going to be a very long 2020) 

Will see what other simmers can tell what their  rigs are doing 

Cant really throw around money, but i must so cant afford to make wrong choices here

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fielder said:

hardware test benchmark tool vs. fs2020 fps

Now I'm thinking, an integrated benchmark suite would be a nice thing to have, and would allow us to compare hardware easily. Thanks to those visuals, I won't be surprised if hardware review sites start using the simulator to compare FPS on multiple GPUs.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Now I'm thinking, an integrated benchmark suite would be a nice thing to have, and would allow us to compare hardware easily. Thanks to those visuals, I won't be surprised if hardware review sites start using the simulator to compare FPS on multiple GPUs.

I bring this same suggestion on a french forum : having an integrated benchmark into FS2020 that brings different scores and ratings. This way we can compare in the jungle of different setups without only relying on the "fake" frame-per-second (shift-Z).

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

7 hours ago, Fielder said:

Yeah until it's out its impossible to offer any realistic evaluation on the performance of any machine. Particularly as even if we had access to the tech alpha it's likely performance will change.

It would also depend on the resolution you wanted to run the game at and what graphical settings you wished to use. For all bells and whistles 1920x1080 apparently, one of the developers was satisfied with their cheapo xx60 nvidia gpu. Considering that at 4k, with a 2080ti they ran the game at an avg framerate of 45 I would assume that meant an xx60 gpu was hitting similar numbers at 1080. These numbers seem like a reasonable indication that to achieve 60 frames at 4k the gpu's that are likely going to be announced in January 2020/Q1 will be required.

For me, 45 avg and 45 <1% low's is too little. I expect at least 60fps <1% low's. If it can't be achieved (even on low settings) I don't buy the game or the gpu. Ask this question again when the game is released, with your expectations of graphical settings/resolution and your country and a build can be considered that offers exactly what you want at the cheapest possible price either from specific vendors or any vendor that ships to your region of the world.

If I could get framerates of 25fps or above anywhere in my flight simulator at high detail settings, I would be ecstatic.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The problem is that a simulator such as Flight Simulator, P3D or X-Plane is not that easily comparable. Take any benchmark the principles are to take exactly the same things going on every computers.

In our simulator most of us have many external tools or addons, that makes lots of changes to the core simulator. As soon as this comes in to place you cannot benchmark anymore as the results will change vastly depending on what is used, the condition the test is run and so on.

That's why there is no magic settings or anyting like this that will give the same result on two systems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wedgantilles said:

The problem is that a simulator such as Flight Simulator, P3D or X-Plane is not that easily comparable. Take any benchmark the principles are to take exactly the same things going on every computers.

In our simulator most of us have many external tools or addons, that makes lots of changes to the core simulator. As soon as this comes in to place you cannot benchmark anymore as the results will change vastly depending on what is used, the condition the test is run and so on.

That's why there is no magic settings or anyting like this that will give the same result on two systems.

Well said.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

5 hours ago, wedgantilles said:

That's a good point. There is maybe one benchmark we could do as a baseline comparison for framerate, taking something like the default Cessna 172 and putting it in level cruise at 6,000 ft. somewhere over the ocean with no land in sight, and the weather system set to clear skies, time set to 12 noon. Test it on both 1080p and 4k resolution. What's the frame rate?

There might still be some add-ons active, but maybe they could be disabled. It's easy to disable plugins mid-flight in XP11, I don't know how that works in FSX or the new MSFS. Anyway, you'd get a very rough approximation of the efficiency of the simulator with this benchmark measured in frame rate, CPU and GPU activity.

Anything else would be difficult to benchmark. It would be interesting to hear what results people are getting flying at their preferred graphic settings over something like downtown Seattle, but there would be too many variables in how each sim adjusts graphics settings. The semi-useful benchmark here would be if the sim is "good enough" to fly over Seattle at 30+ fps on your hardware.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor