Sign in to follow this  
Markito

Nose wheel steering with Honeycomb Alpha Controls

Dear Captains,

I was wondering if there is a way have the ailerons and rudder axis assigned simultaneously in one so that it is possible to steer the aircrafts' nose wheels with the Honeycomb Alpha Controls yoke. I am not able to steer airplanes neither to the left nor the right.

Thanks so much in advance for precious help!

Kind regards,

Marco

Marco Furtado

The same question applies for ANY Yoke, not just the Honeycomb.  You might consider changing the title of your post to reflect that, otherwise  you're limiting those who may respond.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Typically the nose wheel is steered with the rudder pedals or a tiller. If you have rudder pedals it would be more authentic to use those for nose wheel steering and rudder simultaneously because when the rudder becomes effective it will effectively take over directional control from the nose wheel. If you map nose wheel control to the same axis as aileron you are asking for trouble because as soon as the ailerons become effective which is quick, as well as steering you'll be lifting the wing on the opposite side of the direction you want to steer the nose wheel. A recipe for trouble! 😁

You need to turn on Autorudder under Realism settings.

• Upvote 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks, Captains!

I was wondering if the problem was linked to the Honeycomb yoke since I have never experienced the problem before with another yoke I used to have, which actually allowed me to have the ailerons and rudder axis assigned separately to different axis. 

Indeed, turning the autorudder function on may solve the problem but in fact cause other ones. 

I hope Santa will provide me with some rudder pedals the following days!

Happy flights and a Joyous Season!

Marco

• Like 1

Marco Furtado