Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

Milviz King Air is RELEASED

Honestly... I should be in BED and asleep after this past two weeks of craziness...  And I really don't know how to use that stuff... not.  at. all.

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

28 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Honestly... I should be in BED and asleep after this past two weeks of craziness...  And I really don't know how to use that stuff... not.  at. all.

I agree.  Everyone chill and give these guys a break.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Matt Wilson

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

Agreed. However, I don't know if that last Milviz post was in response to my question on basic PL21/FMS-3000 documentation or not (not sure what 'stuff' was being referred to), but my post was intended for folks who have already purchased the KA350i since I would expect they would know what documentation was included with the a/c download.  Certainly someone associated with Milviz knows how the PL21/FSM-3000 system works since they implemented it.

Al

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ark said:

Agreed. However, I don't know if that last Milviz post was in response to my question on basic PL21/FMS-3000 documentation or not (not sure what 'stuff' was being referred to), but my post was intended for folks who have already purchased the KA350i since I would expect they would know what documentation was included with the a/c download.  Certainly someone associated with Milviz knows how the PL21/FSM-3000 system works since they implemented it.

Al

To answer your question, the documentation is really lacking. The user guide on the product page is all there is. 

Milviz has put out a wonderful aircraft here.  It looks, sounds and flies fantastic!  I'm going to have a lot of fun with this for sure.

Two things:

- I can't for the life of me get the aircraft to follow the FMS route in NAV mode.  I'm sure this is user error on my part, so hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction (no pun intended).  I've set a basic route in the FMS, direct to an airport.  On the PFD I set my NAV source as FMS.  On the autopilot panel I arm NAV mode and use HDG to fly the intercept course.  FMS mode will flash on the PFD, then is solid on the PFD, however the aircraft never seems to actually start functioning in FMS/NAV mode.  It just flies straight as if there is no lateral autopilot mode set.  Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing when this is happening in case it helps.  This is when trying to intercept and it never actually does turn on course.

CHi1lfA.jpg

- My second comment is that I can't enter ground fine or reverse using my throttle hardware. In most aircraft I can set a reverse range in FSUIPC so that when I take the throttles past the detent (I use the virtual fly TQ6) that takes the aircraft into beta or reverse range.  When I try to set a reverse range the throttles do not respond at all.  If I do not try and calibrate/set a reverse range in FSUIPC the throttles work, but the bottom of my throttle axis translates to idle in the aircraft.  Assuming that B350 pilots use ground fine to help manage speed during taxi, this would be very helpful to be able to do in the sim, taxiing my other favourite turbo prop, the Q400, is a breeze to taxi without ever touching the brakes since I can use my throttle hardware for the full range of power settings.  As it is now, I find I have to ride the brakes near constantly on the ground even with the throttle idle and props feathered.

Overall though, it's a great aircraft and a great purchase, bravo to the Milviz team.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

To answer your question, the documentation is really lacking. The user guide on the product page is all there is. 

I see, thanks very much for the info. 

Al

What flight plan format does the FMS require? The basic .pln one? Something else?

Edited to add: There is a preview video on youtube, where the guy mumbles something about loading a flight plan into the FMS, but he can't figure it out.....

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

Not to be Cheeky but, haven't they had like 5 yrs?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, regis9 said:

- My second comment is that I can't enter ground fine or reverse using my throttle hardware. In most aircraft I can set a reverse range in FSUIPC so that when I take the throttles past the detent (I use the virtual fly TQ6) that takes the aircraft into beta or reverse range.  When I try to set a reverse range the throttles do not respond at all.  If I do not try and calibrate/set a reverse range in FSUIPC the throttles work, but the bottom of my throttle axis translates to idle in the aircraft.  Assuming that B350 pilots use ground fine to help manage speed during taxi, this would be very helpful to be able to do in the sim, taxiing my other favourite turbo prop, the Q400, is a breeze to taxi without ever touching the brakes since I can use my throttle hardware for the full range of power settings.  As it is now, I find I have to ride the brakes near constantly on the ground even with the throttle idle and props feathered.

Overall though, it's a great aircraft and a great purchase, bravo to the Milviz team.

Regarding throttle reverse and beta range, here is something that works for me in another third party KA aircraft when using a Saitek yoke -- perhaps you can adapt it for your hardware and the KA350i. FSUIPC treats the bottom end of the throttle range as idle. So to 'trick' FSUIPC, you can edit the low end throttle axis calibration number in the FSUIPC.ini file to a value a little below the lowest the axis can actually achieve, eg use  -16400 if the lowest the axis can achieve is the typical -16384.  With the fictitious lower limit, FSUIPC never 'thinks' Idle is reached. Then under the FSUIPC Buttons and Switches tab I use the switch at the bottom of the Saitek throttle lever range to enter Reverse thrust with the F2 Throttle Decr command (with repeat), but do not use the F1 Throttle Cut command when moving the throttle lever out of Reverse thrust (I use nothing), because the Throttle Cut command makes the power lever in the VC jump over the beta range to Idle.

Al

To those having difficulties with the AP not following the FMS route: the CDU Legs page has a Sequence Auto/Inhibit setting. Click on the LSK to get "Auto" in green.

Flightplans have a special XML-format. One can load and save them through the route menu: click on the IDX-button.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

120 Australian dollars - OUCH!

Bruceb

• Upvote 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

23 minutes ago, michaelth said:

Flightplans have a special XML-format. One can load and save them through the route menu: click on the IDX-button.

Michael

Is it possible to convert an externally generated flight plan, say, via Simbrief, into this special format and then load the plan into the FMC?

Having the dc gen amber lights on for l and r gens...tried setting / resetting generators but no voltage showing. Can fully start and fly the aircraft but I can’t seem to get this indication to extinguish. Must be missing something...any ideas?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

If you did have the special XML format flight plan, were would you put it? What DIR ?

Simbrief does have an XLM datafile format that can be downloaded, is that the correct format ?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Is this B350 FDM by Bernt ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...