Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

Milviz King Air is RELEASED

8 minutes ago, tommyh454 said:

If you did have the special XML format flight plan, were would you put it? What DIR ?

Simbrief does have an XLM datafile format that can be downloaded, is that the correct format ?

Thanks

I couldn't find anything about loading a flight plan in the (downloadable) manual. None of the half dozen or so videos on youtube mention loading flight plans into the FMS Seems elementary. 

@Milviz, first of all let me join the praise for this very pleasant King Air!

Could you (or someone from the Beta team) provide some insight how the Throttle quadrant should best be handled using hardware devices? Maybe give a detailed example using one of the common throttles (CH or Saitek)? 

I tried with FSUIPC, but wasn't very successful so far. 

Mike

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

27 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Could you (or someone from the Beta team) provide some insight how the Throttle quadrant should best be handled using hardware devices? Maybe give a detailed example using one of the common throttles (CH or Saitek)? 

I tried with FSUIPC, but wasn't very successful so far. 

+1

??

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, Purr said:

Having the dc gen amber lights on for l and r gens...tried setting / resetting generators but no voltage showing. Can fully start and fly the aircraft but I can’t seem to get this indication to extinguish. Must be missing something...any ideas?

Once you start an engine be sure to turn off the respective start switch.

6 hours ago, brucewtb said:

120 Australian dollars - OUCH!

Bruceb

... equivalent to US$ 80, OUCH too!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

13 minutes ago, edpatino said:

... equivalent to US$ 80, OUCH too!.

Cheers, Ed

While it’s a lot of money, five years of development may make it a good investment in the long run.

While I like it so far (have done 3 flights so far) and found my way around most systems- one thing I am not happy about is lack of proper systems description and flight planning data.  This is necessary for realistic flight.

For the price we have paid, that should really be included.  You certainly couldn’t say they haven’t had time....

• Upvote 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

1 minute ago, barramundilure said:

and flight planning data

Is it not coming with an older Navigraph navdata included?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just now, edpatino said:

Is it not coming with an older Navigraph navdata included?.

Cheers, Ed

I have a Navigraph account and have updated the fms info, no problems and it comes with a slightly older database as standard - as for flight planning I mean datasets for power settings TAS and FF info for a given altitude etc so you can accurately plan how much fuel to load without just “filling her up”.  That’s not realistic at all.

• Like 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Let me ask this again: can you or can you not load an externally generated flight plan into the FMS? And if so how would one go about it? 

1 hour ago, barramundilure said:

I have a Navigraph account and have updated the fms info, no problems and it comes with a slightly older database as standard - as for flight planning I mean datasets for power settings TAS and FF info for a given altitude etc so you can accurately plan how much fuel to load without just “filling her up”.  That’s not realistic at all.

Who realistically chases charts anymore. Sure I still teach chasing charts, but 99.9% of our clients use some form of electronic flight planning program such as Foreflight or FD Mobile. Considering Simbrief has a B350 profile you can get fairly realistic fuel loading from that.

Until the videos come out on the systems I will happily answer questions, but I am not going to give you the 45 hours of Initial Qualification instruction.

• Upvote 2

I'm finding the lack of user screenshots disappointing :P

• Like 1

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

8 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Not to be Cheeky but, haven't they had like 5 yrs?

Not to be cheeky back, but try walking a mile in their shoes. I've been there. The push leading up to the first release is usually pretty intense, no matter how long it's been in the works.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I can think of one aircraft that took many years to develop only to be sold as a buggy expensive add-on. Then an upgrade was released and the dev had the audacity to want to charge an upgrade price for it. The cheerleaders on this forum try to convince me that it was an upgrade and not an update. I thought about it and still said NO.

At least after 5 years Milviz has delivered a quality, trustworthy, add-on aircraft.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Let me ask this again: can you or can you not load an externally generated flight plan into the FMS? And if so how would one go about it? 

What I have been able to do is:

Make a Dir in \Prepar3D v4\Milviz\FMS-3000\  "routes"

From Simbrief I downloaded the TFDi Design 717 flight plan to the above Dir.

On the FMS  press the IDX key

Next page

Route Menu

Pilot Route List

Load Plan

I have only done this once but the Flight plan did load and so far looks OK

The usual disclaimers apply 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Purr said:

Having the dc gen amber lights on for l and r gens...tried setting / resetting generators but no voltage showing. Can fully start and fly the aircraft but I can’t seem to get this indication to extinguish. Must be missing something...any ideas?

Are your engine start switches still on?   If so you cannot reset the gens

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |