Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

Milviz King Air is RELEASED

Before I buy...

How does it perform FPS wise compared to other high end addons (i.e Flight1 KA B200, Majestic Dash-8 Q400, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, PMDG 737 NGXu etc.) ?

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

8 hours ago, brucewtb said:

120 Australian dollars - OUCH!

Bruceb

Being an ozzy or Brit simmer is for millionaires only lol

• Like 1

ZORAN

55 minutes ago, KenG said:

Who realistically chases charts anymore. Sure I still teach chasing charts, but 99.9% of our clients use some form of electronic flight planning program such as Foreflight or FD Mobile. Considering Simbrief has a B350 profile you can get fairly realistic fuel loading from that.

Until the videos come out on the systems I will happily answer questions, but I am not going to give you the 45 hours of Initial Qualification instruction.

Hi Ken, I am interested in realistic power settings and expected fuel flows, I am certain you don’t simply teach top of the green? Different altitudes, temperatures and power settings all produce different fuel usage a  I am sure you would understand. 

I wasn’t aware SimBrief had a B350 profile, PFPX certainly doesn’t but happy to take a look at SB.

I am not asking you to give me an initial qualification course but I am in a former life a CPL with plenty of multi hours, not a novice and think it’s not unreasonable for the cost of the add on for the appropriate documentation.

• Upvote 2

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

16 minutes ago, Wothan said:

Before I buy...

How does it perform FPS wise compared to other high end addons (i.e Flight1 KA B200, Majestic Dash-8 Q400, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, PMDG 737 NGXu etc.) ?

Performance is pretty good for me.  I did a quick hop between two ORBX airports (KHAF - KMRY) in the densely populated NORCAL region and was able to maintain FPS in the high 20’s which is typical for me in a payware aircraft.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

22 minutes ago, barramundilure said:

Hi Ken, I am interested in realistic power settings and expected fuel flows, I am certain you don’t simply teach top of the green? Different altitudes, temperatures and power settings all produce different fuel usage a  I am sure you would understand. 

I wasn’t aware SimBrief had a B350 profile, PFPX certainly doesn’t but happy to take a look at SB.

I am not asking you to give me an initial qualification course but I am in a former life a CPL with plenty of multi hours, not a novice and think it’s not unreasonable for the cost of the add on for the appropriate documentation.

I can't post the spaghetti charts here, but I will put them on the MV Forums. MV Forums Cruise Chats

25 minutes ago, KenG said:

I can't post the spaghetti charts here, but I will put them on the MV Forums. MV Forums Cruise Chats

Thank you Ken, much appreciated.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

We are working on two videos as well as "light" documentation on PL-21 operations, FMS data entry, Flight plan loading, charts and checklists. 

There are a ton of videos on youtube that walk you through actual procedures.  These will, for the most part, work with our baby.

We will be looking at any and all bugs over the next two weeks with an eye to having them all fixed up before or just after the new year.

For all issues, please post them in our support forums as our devs do not read all of the stuff in here.  We will be sure to look at and assess all bugs. 

Please note that CTD's and long loads are possible with the TAWS.  This is likely due to having large addons in your setup.  We cannot, unfortunately, count on covering all instances of addons but, we will be looking at this.  Likely, we'll have to limit the "viewing" distance for those who have these issues.  Not ideal but better than a CTD. 

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Let me ask this again: can you or can you not load an externally generated flight plan into the FMS? And if so how would one go about it? 

I have to  chuckle and wonder what the KA350 RW pilots think when they see this 🙄

WAT1460.png

2 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

I have to  chuckle and wonder what the KA350 RW pilots think when they see this 🙄

I fail to see the point. My question has been answered, so you're trying to tell me what exactly?

3 minutes ago, wells said:

No

Wells did the FDE and thanks to him for this.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I fail to see the point. My question has been answered, so you're trying to tell me what exactly?

In the real world there is no such thing as loading an externally generated FP.  They MUST be loaded into the FMS by hand.

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

I assume he means that real world pilots have to input flightplans directly into the FMS, rather than importing them from elsewhere.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

In the real world there is no such thing as loading an externally generated FP.  They MUST be loaded into the FMS by hand.

Well, lucky me, then, that we're not in the real world but in a $50 game. And you understood exactly what I meant. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I assume he means that real world pilots have to input flightplans directly into the FMS, rather than importing them from elsewhere.

Except in the full FAR Part 121 airline world with transport types (i.e. B737, B757, A320, etc.). In that environment, flight plans are electronically loaded in FMS once the aircraft dispatcher prepares and releases the flight. 

• Upvote 1