Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

Milviz King Air is RELEASED

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

documentation to come with an $80 addon...

Eighty dollars is a tank of gas in my 14 year old Nissan pickup.

Just sayin'.

If this is the only 'lame' thing you can find about this Milviz release, they've done a pretty good job.

That said, docs and tuts will be on their way soon enough I suspect.

Thanks Milviz for another great aircraft and Happy Holidays. I'll be picking this up soon enough after I master VNAV in my new Dash 8.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, newtie said:

Eighty dollars is a tank of gas in my 14 year old Nissan pickup.

Just sayin'.

If this is the only 'lame' thing you can find about this Milviz release, they've done a pretty good job.

There's a lot more wrong with this release than the flimsy documentation, so no, it's not the only 'lame' thing. Not sure why someone who hasn't bought it yet is fan-boying for them. As of now, the tagline on their product page, "Beyond study-level - an unrivaled simulation," is false. 

All of that sounds harsh, but I will say that they've been extremely responsive on the forum, so I do think that they're working fast to correct the issues being pointed out. Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

Chapstick, what are some of the other issues. All I have seen here are concerns about the lack of documentation, legitimate, but not a deal breaker for me.

I have not bought it yet and so I am not on their forums but have been looking forward to purchasing this. But I have bought too many aircraft only to be disappointed later and ended up retiring them. Anything really critical?

Dan Scott

12 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Chapstick, what are some of the other issues. All I have seen here are concerns about the lack of documentation, legitimate, but not a deal breaker for me.

I have not bought it yet and so I am not on their forums but have been looking forward to purchasing this. But I have bought too many aircraft only to be disappointed later and ended up retiring them. Anything really critical?

CTDs are the most critical right now, so I would at least wait until the first patch to buy it, depending on how many of those they address. 

OK please tell us more you said there a lot wrong. 

CTD

poor Doc (really should not be a problem)

that's 2

and....its sound like a long list Alex would be interested in it since its on my watch list. I don't want to hear about hear say just whats wrong with it. All of the list of "a lot" its important to know these things when thinking of buying.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

guys,

Lot of posts in this thread - can I have a summary

Q1) Is the plane excellent on what it is claimed to be?

Q2) How are the docs - I need docs; do I just wait till the docs/tutorial are ready?

Q3) This is a full blown study level sim - and not somewhere in between

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1) Define excellent as an Opinion

2) Very few Docs realeased..Yet

3) Define "Full Blown Study Level". I don't quite understand what that is.

Hey, Even PMDG has issues with anything when first released.....and things get corrected. As to documentation there is a sh!tload of stuff for King Airs on the internet. it was mentioned - copyright issues. Anybody remember when PMDG sold full manual sets for their aircraft - well, they don't now. Never heard why but i wondered it a new copyright issue had come up.As to autopilot not following a flight plan make sure you look at the top of the LEGS page and tell the FMS/FMC to do so. Performance seems pretty much spot on to me. Dave

Disclaimer: early purchaser.

It was on September 13th when Milviz offered their first beta build "for the brave". I immediately tried it. Yes, many CTDs due to WXR and other reasons, no documentation, no night lighting and so on. But from the first moment the feeling was right. So I went into it and learned to fly it. To me, that is the most important: less complaining, go flying!

Michael 

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

32 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

As to documentation

Yes, I am not concerned too much with documentation. There is a detailed checklist in the user manual Milviz supplies and there are many other sources of information. I am interested in the extent, quality and accuracy of the simulation.

Dan Scott

1 hour ago, Adrian123 said:

1) Define excellent as an Opinion

2) Very few Docs realeased..Yet

3) Define "Full Blown Study Level". I don't quite understand what that is.

1) PMDG / A2A Quality - depth

2) I understand the doc issue

3) Depth study level like PMDG/FSLAbs planes aka no Carenado

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Again, the words Quality and Study can mean many things? 🙂 Its not a real aircraft if that helps but apart from Docs and Throttle issues, it very good. IMO.

Turns out my issue with not following the FMS flightplan is specific to my Brunner yoke.  Milviz is going to get in touch with Brunner to see if a solution can be found.

So if my issue was holding anyone back from making a purchase it shouldn't.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

19 hours ago, Bytehunter said:

MD80: 30-40 fps
PMDG 748: 29-35 fps
NGXu: 24-30 fps
Milviz 350i: 22-28 fps

If that is the case I will steer clear of this one. I was looking forward to the 350i and really enjoy the MV PC6 Porter and C310R as they perform very well on my system but to pay that much for a GA aircraft that needs more processing power than the NGXu, not for me.

Johan Pienaar

What a beautiful plane.  I wish I had a gaming rig to fly it.  

Cheers to Milvitz for this one.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER