Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Captain Sim 24 hr sale

Greetings,

Received this via email a little while ago:

Captains,
We regret to inform you that from 0000Z 23DEC2019, 24 hours only, everything is $25. A festivus for the rest of us. Air your grievances at https://www.captainsim.com
Stay tuned,
Captain Sim News

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Use to be $9.99 sales.  Inflation?  Still good deals.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Have to take a look. I bought the 777 and 757 last time. Haven't tried the 757 yet, but the 777 was quite dissapointing? Or have I missed something 🤔😊

So I remember those good days at $9.95, Jim.  I have bought most of then at those low prices.  In fact I just resurrected the old B52 from my stock pile.

Merry Christmas

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

38 minutes ago, tktheo93 said:

Have to take a look. I bought the 777 and 757 last time. Haven't tried the 757 yet, but the 777 was quite dissapointing? Or have I missed something 🤔😊

For 777, I went with PMDG.  Also tried CS 777 but, like you said, it was quite terrible.  Good thing I bought it for so cheap.  It never ever saw any real use, really.  Don't know if they have improved it any, but no need to go to it now that I have PMDG.  757 is decent, I think.  Definitely can get your value for the sale price.  I have flown a few routes with it recently, with their (Captain Sim's) most recent update to it.  I am using 757 III.

Their L-1011 for P3D is again, fair to middling. Wish they'd get the INS to follow a flightplan correctly

I got a nice little laugh when I went to their website to peruse their offerings "on sale".

The Boeing 777-200 was $134.99, but is now on *sale* for only $59.99.  The 757 was $99.99 but is now *only* $76.70!  Wow, what a deal!

And I thought PMDG was expensive!

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Use to be $9.99 sales.  Inflation?  Still good deals.

I think Captain Sim is trying to regroup or recover potential future losses when Microsoft introduces MS2020 hence 25 bucks to make money before everybody flees to MS2020.

Should have bought 707s for nine bucks but had cold feet.

signCopy.jpg

I don't know what they are trying to pull. I was going to by the 757 because I've read its half decent. There is no way I'd pay $100 for it or their ongoing sale price of $75. I figured I'd buy it when this $10 sale came around. Huh, OK, I'll go $25 at a stretch. Anyway I'm checking out waiting to see that $25 price tag appear but I got all the way to the PayPal "Buy Now" button and its still showing me a price of $75. So do you have to trust that once that button is clicked you only get charged $25. No way! Good bye!

So I thought maybe you have to login to get the discount. I couldn't find my order number so had to have them emailed and what do you know I already have the 757 for FSX and the 727 and the C-130 and the 707 and I recently installed FSX-SE. Can't think of a better time for some FSX nostalgia. Thanks Captain Sim for sending me down that road. Oh and fix your checkout if you want to sell your wares. 😁🤣

only interested about their L1011, but latest version has minor improvements - i am afraid she is still hardly flyable, but feel tempted as always about that beauty

Artur 

3 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Anyway I'm checking out waiting to see that $25 price tag appear but I got all the way to the PayPal "Buy Now" button and its still showing me a price of $75. So do you have to trust that once that button is clicked you only get charged $25. No way! Good bye!

It is 22 Dec here on the USA East Coast.  Sale begins on 23 Dec.  So I would wait until it is 23 Dec.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

It is 22 Dec here on the USA East Coast.  Sale begins on 23 Dec.  So I would wait until it is 23 Dec.

Hah! Silly me 🤣 But I did forget I had those birds for FSX so I'll pass this time.😁

CaptainSim has run these 24-hour flash sales at least a couple times a year for at least 5-10 years already.  So the speculation that some greater nefarious agenda lies behind this sale gives cause to snicker.  And the sale prices don't take effect until 0001 GMT Monday 23 Dec, which is 5:01 PM on Sun 22 Dec New Mexico (MDT) time (@dave2013).

I got the 757 last year, and I consider it a decent value for $25 (or $50 with the freighter expansion).  I probably would not have the same opinion had I paid $125+ for the combo, as it is not as refined as other offerings in that price range.  But since we had to leave the PMDG MD-11F behind when moving from FSX to P3D, there really aren't many (any?) options for currently flying medium freighters, so the CS 757 with the freighter expansion answers the mail for me.

Everything doesn't have to be at PMDG or FSL levels of fidelity to still enable having some fun with something different.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

7 minutes ago, w6kd said:

... there really aren't many (any?) options for currently flying medium freighters, so the CS 757 with the freighter expansion answers the mail for me...

Sky Sim MD-11 (P3D) perhaps Bob? Or is that too "lite" with a couple of quirks?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

So, sounds like the 777 is a no-go then? Clearly PMDG is likely to be in another league, but so is the price tag.

- Aaron