Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Captain Sim 24 hr sale

PAY no attention to the big Captain Sim sale !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivRKfwmgrHY

Actually, I'm joking, totally worth it!

for last minute buyers trying to see what you bought there in the past/ or download the files again...

You need to know your captainsim website email address and captain sim password, then logon to captainsim website, go to your account/orders.

There you will need to know your past order numbers... if you don't know the order numbers, ..

... then just click the boxes and Captain sim will email all your past order numbers associated with that email account to your email.

(once it took 5 seconds for the email to arrive, another time it took 15 minutes to arrive)

Then open the email and you can see what you bought and see what the order numbers were.

Now from your CS website account/orders you can see when you bought what and what sim it was for, and you can download it again (even if you bought it years ago).

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

It's on right now.

777 or L1011? Which one do you guys recommend for P3D v4?

I had both for FSX.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The 777 is definitely a go if you cannot afford the PMDG 777 and many of us cannot.  At $25 for the base pack, one who doesn't like to pay over $135 for the PMDG version (which is truly nice), this is a steal! Believe the CS777 is around $60 when not on sale and that's a good value too.  But now at $25?  Like Bob said above, you will still have a lot of fun with the CS777 and CS757 at $25.  Personally I paid the full prices for the CS 757 and every expansion so I should be very upset right now but I am not.  I think the quality of the 757 justifies paying the high prices.  It had some issues at the initial release but were fixed pretty fast after us "beta testers" saw what was wrong.  I get over 60 fps using dynamic lighting and reflections at night using the external lights and the lights in the VC.  With the PMDG 737NGXu, I'm in the teens and sometimes over 30 fps depending where I am looking externally and internally.  Since I do not fly at night much, this is not a big thing but strange there is such a wide difference in how dynamic lights are programmed.

I see the sale is on so going to see what I can pick up.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Any opinion about L1011 rev.2 ? Is it better or worth buying ?

I bought it last year, it was good. I like the old 727 better because of the cool vintage gauges and autopilot: the old stuff is way cool to me. The L-1011 is old too, but Lockheed's jet used more modern looking gauges back in it's day.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

38 minutes ago, Fielder said:

I bought it last year, it was good. I like the old 727 better because of the cool vintage gauges and autopilot: the old stuff is way cool to me. The L-1011 is old too, but Lockheed's jet used more modern looking gauges back in it's day.

I always thought that the B707 Captain for FSX was one of Captain Sim's finest simulators.  Visually, it's one the best ever.  The Sperry F/D and ADI globe, HSI, and the Doppler navigation system are first rate.  Yes, the FE panel had its glitches that were never cleaned up, but having done some training on TWA's old B707 CPT back in university days, it was good enough that you teach the basics.  And, it flies nice.  When I bring FSX back on my new computer, I'm back dating the scenery using Cal Classics.  It'll be nice to fly the Captain Sim in that environment, like the days of old.

I was not a fan of the Captain Sim B727.  Cockpit graphics were poor compared to the B707.  I was spoiled on Dreamfleet's FS2004 version.  Too bad Paul and company could never bring that one up to FSX.  Maybe one day....

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

I received CS email last night Australia time, Dec 22 mentioning the upcoming Sale and noticed that the CS website store listed the 757 freighter and 300 expansion packs at $19.99,  I was tempted to buy then but thought I'd wait to see all product prices. Today, those same 757 expansions have risen to $25! CS definitely needs a new store manager, or is it shrewd marketing.

• Like 1

steve southey

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The 777 is definitely a go if you cannot afford the PMDG 777 and many of us cannot.  At $25 for the base pack, one who doesn't like to pay over $135 for the PMDG version (which is truly nice), this is a steal! Believe the CS777 is around $60 when not on sale and that's a good value too.  But now at $25?  Like Bob said above, you will still have a lot of fun with the CS777 and CS757 at $25.  Personally I paid the full prices for the CS 757 and every expansion so I should be very upset right now but I am not.  I think the quality of the 757 justifies paying the high prices.  It had some issues at the initial release but were fixed pretty fast after us "beta testers" saw what was wrong.  I get over 60 fps using dynamic lighting and reflections at night using the external lights and the lights in the VC.  With the PMDG 737NGXu, I'm in the teens and sometimes over 30 fps depending where I am looking externally and internally.  Since I do not fly at night much, this is not a big thing but strange there is such a wide difference in how dynamic lights are programmed.

I see the sale is on so going to see what I can pick up.

While flying things like iFly 737, TDFi 717 and Dash 8, I was genuinely dissapointed in the 777. Maybe I have to give it some more time. Mainly the VC looked really outdated + did not performe, e.g. frames where low, which really never happens with my sim.

But if you think that its worth it, I'll give it another go. 

2 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

I received CS email last night Australia time, Dec 22 mentioning the upcoming Sale and noticed that the CS website store listed the 757 freighter and 300 expansion packs at $19.99,  I was tempted to buy then but thought I'd wait to see all product prices. Today, those same 757 expansions have risen to $25! CS definitely needs a new store manager, or is it shrewd marketing.

no way hahaahhaha... 

5 hours ago, richjb2 said:

B707 Captain for FSX was one of Captain Sim's finest simulators

++1

7 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

What he says. Be careful guys, the Captain Sim sales are sometimes not bargain at all INCREASING prices rather than "sales". Be careful !!!!

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

5 hours ago, tktheo93 said:

While flying things like iFly 737, TDFi 717 and Dash 8, I was genuinely dissapointed in the 777. Maybe I have to give it some more time. Mainly the VC looked really outdated + did not performe, e.g. frames where low, which really never happens with my sim.  But if you think that its worth it, I'll give it another go. 

I really did not mean to say it is worth it.  If you want a 777 that may not be better or equal to the PMDG 777, you pay $25 instead of $134.  Actually, even though I can afford $134, I would have bought the CS version as their product page for it looks very nice but the PMDG version came out earlier.  I really like the fact many CS products also come with a passenger cabin that looks very realistic.  I'm wondering if you bought the older version or the latest version for $60 for P3DV4 as the latest version really looks nice.  I'm wondering if you would have bought the PMDG 777, would you be disappointed with it too?

I do know CS had a bad reputation once as they really had a bad support forum and some older members have a bitter taste in their mouth and will never let their anger go.  If you posted something, they would usually not respond or the response would be less than adequate.  Members complained here at AVSIM and the AVSIM owner decided to set up an "unofficial" support forum.  IMHO, the CS forums are very good now and the CS team appears to be very responsive to any issues with their products. 

I just bought it.  The 777 product page says it has some compatibility issues with P3Dv4 (64-bit) that will be fixed in the future.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim. I appreciate you!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Bought L1011 for the second time - that must be a real love affair 😊

I'll get it later today for the second time either, yes, it is a love affair!:laugh: