Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Captain Sim 24 hr sale

1 hour ago, pedrotrindade said:

I'll get it later today for the second time either, yes, it is a love affair!:laugh:

Dont feel bad, guys. 2nd time for me as well. Haha

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

And nobody notices that Captain Sims RAISED price to 25 bucks on expansion models!!!!

signCopy.jpg

About this time last year I bought the B757 on sale. it was okay. About 4 days ago i was thinking about the fact there was a recent upgrade release to it and thought wth I'll go re-download it and try it out. Well, i had about three days left on the 1 year re-download policy of CS and to my surprise, as it's been awhile, it's pretty darn good. If you want an affordable B757 it's $25 well spent. I've got the pmdg, fsl etc aircraft and enjoy them immensely but for a B757 these days this is the best show in town.

Dave

On 12/23/2019 at 11:17 AM, Aharon said:

And nobody notices that Captain Sims RAISED price to 25 bucks on expansion models!!!!

I'm looking at the current prices after the sale and the lowest price for an expansion is $29.99.  Some of the 757 expansions are $49.  What you talking about all of the aircraft expansions?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:35 AM, Jim Young said:

I just bought it.  The 777 product page says it has some compatibility issues with P3Dv4 (64-bit) that will be fixed in the future.

Fortunately I got just the base version at $25.  It is going to need a lot of updates to make it fully compatible with P3DV4.  I cannot believe they actually released their 777 for P3D.  I finally got it to fly from KSEA to KSFO but the flight was pretty ugly.  ASP4 was enabled and heavy weather all of the way.  The trim was wrong no matter what I did.  Had low FPS but mostly over 30.  Still not as good as their other aircraft or competitors aircraft.  I was able to takeoff, cruise, and land but still wiping the sweat off of my forehead.  The payload and fuel is not in the same location as other aircraft they sell.  You cannot chose a cold and dark or ready for takeoff panel.  You have to do that while in a current flight and then save.  I think this is the only add-on aircraft that does not have the options in the FMC.  I can understand fully why @tktheo93 had issues with the CS777.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

15 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I'm looking at the current prices after the sale and the lowest price for an expansion is $29.99.  Some of the 757 expansions are $49.  What you talking about all of the aircraft expansions?

l1011 expansion is 19 bucks at regular price but on sale for 25

same thing for few 737-200 expansion packs regular 19 or 14 bucks but on sale for 25

777-300 and 777F expansions too regular 19 bucks but on sale for 25

727 expansion too regular 22 bucks but on sale for 25

707 expansion too regular 14 bucks but on sale for 25

767 expansion too regular 14 bucks but on sale for 25

• Like 1

signCopy.jpg

Not defending CS, but, if you read the email they sent out (captioned in the OP's initial post), they never claimed a "Sale"...just all products $25.

Rob

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Fortunately I got just the base version at $25.  It is going to need a lot of updates to make it fully compatible with P3DV4.  I cannot believe they actually released their 777 for P3D.  I finally got it to fly from KSEA to KSFO but the flight was pretty ugly.  ASP4 was enabled and heavy weather all of the way.  The trim was wrong no matter what I did.  Had low FPS but mostly over 30.  Still not as good as their other aircraft or competitors aircraft.  I was able to takeoff, cruise, and land but still wiping the sweat off of my forehead.  The payload and fuel is not in the same location as other aircraft they sell.  You cannot chose a cold and dark or ready for takeoff panel.  You have to do that while in a current flight and then save.  I think this is the only add-on aircraft that does not have the options in the FMC.  I can understand fully why @tktheo93 had issues with the CS777.

A really good analysis Jim. The fps side was especially dissapointing on my machine @I7-4790k and 1070ti, even on freeware airports. 

Cheers,

Theo K 

On 12/23/2019 at 4:17 PM, Aharon said:

There was a whole topic on it but it seems to have been removed.

I expect that everyone noticed, they have done it before and will no doubt do it again.

It is what "everything at $25" means.

Edited by Reader

2 hours ago, tktheo93 said:

The fps side was especially dissapointing on my machine @I7-4790k and 1070ti, even on freeware airports.

Did you see my specs in my signature?  I have one of the most powerful systems alive!  It is ridiculous to put out a product not fully compatible with P3DV4 and make people pay a high price for it (unless it is on sale).   I think they did a very good setup with the CS757 so they just need to import the FMC over to the 777.  They even figure out the COG for the CS757 based on your payload.  They say they will update the 777 next year and hope it's their top priority.

Submit News to AVSIM

3 hours ago, Aharon said:

l1011 expansion is 19 bucks at regular price but on sale for 25

same thing for few 737-200 expansion packs regular 19 or 14 bucks but on sale for 25

777-300 and 777F expansions too regular 19 bucks but on sale for 25

727 expansion too regular 22 bucks but on sale for 25

707 expansion too regular 14 bucks but on sale for 25

767 expansion too regular 14 bucks but on sale for 25

I think most of the prices you are showing for each expansion are not the original prices but now temporary sale prices.  You are certainly correct on some of them though but, if everyone was like me, I went on Google to see the original prices to make sure I was getting a good deal before buying.  For instance, you can go to PC Aviator and see even lower prices when they have their 50% off sales.  SimMarket had some good deals too when on sale.  I agree, it is wrong to sale a $14 to $20 item for $25.  Whoever went into their system and changed the prices should have looked at the original prices and left those that were less then $25.  But it is their business and they can sell at any price they want.  Plus, you as the consumer, need to research something before you buy.  If you don't like the price, you simply do not buy it and move on.  I do the same with hardware buying.  I don't buy a video card by going to Amazon.com only.  I do a Google and find the best price available.  Sometimes that's at local dealers.

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM

I wonder why no 767 ever made it to P3D v4... My favorite boeing of all time is forgotten by everyone... CS, LVLD and i don't even start with PMDG.

• Like 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

@Jim Young,

Of course I agree with your assessments in your latest post.  Thank you for agreeing with me.  Wishing you the best of Christmases, Chanukahs, and New Years.  Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and Happy New Year to you.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

On 12/26/2019 at 9:14 PM, Jim Young said:

Did you see my specs in my signature?  I have one of the most powerful systems alive!  It is ridiculous to put out a product not fully compatible with P3DV4 and make people pay a high price for it (unless it is on sale).   I think they did a very good setup with the CS757 so they just need to import the FMC over to the 777.  They even figure out the COG for the CS757 based on your payload.  They say they will update the 777 next year and hope it's their top priority.

Actually I didn't see your signature on this device, but I guess you have a pretty cool pc 😉👍

• Like 1

I think this tactic on CS's part fails the smell test. 

Edited by rightseat
  • Like 1