Sign in to follow this  
vvince

AS Lukla - Mount Everest Extreme scenery : do you like it?

To those owning this scenery, is it any good?

I watch a video review and I had the impression that the textures of the surrounding areas and secondary airports looked pretty basic...

Thanks.

Vvince

I like this package very much. Like most photo real backgrounds of large areas the detail is not as high as HD land class tiles but I think it works very well for this rural type environment. I like the challenge of additional airports with their sloped runways.

20191223125206-4929e263.jpg

20191223125208-5233088e.jpg

• Upvote 1

Johan Pienaar

2 hours ago, vvince said:

To those owning this scenery, is it any good?

I watch a video review and I had the impression that the textures of the surrounding areas and secondary airports looked pretty basic...

Thanks.

Vvince

Did you find this on sale? 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Thanks Johan for the screenshots, much appreciated.

It is on sale at simmarket (25%) for the next 6 days.

I have it for Aerofly FS 2 and the details are stunning. I think its coverage is pretty much the same: extended!.

Considering buying for P3D now that's on offer.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The new Lukla "Enhanced" package is superb. If you like the challenge of flying STOL aircraft into small rough runways perched on mountainsides and ridges, this will be a rewarding addition to your simulation environment. Lukla itself is as detailed as you might expect. But in addition, the package includes 8-9 (depending on how you count) other well-executed airports. The photoreal is pretty good on the main valleys between Lukla and Everest. And the mini-region also has a photoreal base that is only ok until you consider the blanket of autogen trees that covers many of the hillsides. The end product is entirely satisfactory as a scenery. And it is outstanding as an airmanship challenge. Great fun.

• Upvote 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I like the add-on a lot.   The airports are well detailed and the setting is of course amazing.  The custom autogen is wonderful.

The only criticism I have, is the large-area photoscenery.  As some of you on this forum know, I have never found any photoscenery I like  :) , but I can tolerate it here.  I would rather not use the photo at all, and just have the airports -- but unfortunately at present if you disable the photo, you disable all of the ancillary airports.  (not Lukla VNLK airport itself, at least).  Anyway, aside from that, it is a good scenery with some "easter eggs" here and there (dogs and cats living together (not), and Taoist shrines) -- or are those Buddhist shrines?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Buy it...you'll not be disappointed.

Merry Christmas

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB