Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg Resigns

Given all that happened and the way it was handled I'm still baffled it took this long. Here's to hoping they learn this time and this is just the first step of a complete overhaul of their ways of doing their business.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That said, you'll never, ever guess who is really to blame here.  Ready?  Bill Clinton and his former Vice President AL Gore (especially him I'm told), who bought into and then forced an incredibly stupid plan to save money on government and defense contracts by eliminating a HUGE amount of quality control oversight on contractors. 

just curious but do you have a citation for this? the situation you describe doesn't seem like something that the president (or the vice pres for that matter) normally has control over. i couldn't really find any specific bills or news items regarding this either. wouldn't decisions like this happen at the procurement level like with congressional budgeting?

cheers,-andy crosby

12 minutes ago, spesimen said:

just curious but do you have a citation for this? the situation you describe doesn't seem like something that the president (or the vice pres for that matter) normally has control over. i couldn't really find any specific bills or news items regarding this either. wouldn't decisions like this happen at the procurement level like with congressional budgeting?

cheers,-andy crosby

It was covered in formal DoD training I attended many years ago. Moreover, VP's regularly are assigned such projects (example, the VP is also the head of NASA), usually as figureheads, however it doesn't make the news for what I'm sure are obvious reasons (they aren't the President so it's all down played).  But I'm sure I can find a cite somewhere, just how much time I'll have to devote to doing so.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

17 minutes ago, spesimen said:

cheers,-andy crosby

Too easy to find.. first Google Search Result...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Partnership_for_Reinventing_Government

Enjoy.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

10 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

Looks as if he was FIRED .from the NY Times:

• Dec. 23, 2019Updated 10:05 a.m. ET
    •  

Boeing on Monday fired its chief executive, Dennis A. Muilenburg, whose handling of the company’s 737 Max crisis had angered lawmakers, airlines, regulators and victims’ families.

The company said Dave Calhoun, the chairman, would replace Mr. Muilenburg on Jan. 13. Until then, Boeing’s chief financial officer, Greg Smith, will serve as interim chief executive, the company said.

The Boeing board made the decision on a call on Sunday, after a string of disastrous announcements for the company, according to two people briefed on the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. Mr. Muilenburg has stepped down effective immediately.

And tomorrow morning he wake up a EVEN wealthier man than he could have ever imagined. thats how it works.

Peter Osborn

15 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

But, I thought the MAX was still planning to be back in production Feb-April next year or has it been completely cancelled?

Not canceled, production is halted for the time being. Not much of a surprise considering the produced jets have to go somewhere to be stored.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Too easy to find.. first Google Search Result...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Partnership_for_Reinventing_Government

Enjoy.

So, how many administrations have there been since Clinton to correct the problem? The FAA has always had a strange relationship with the airlines and aircraft manufacturers. They always looked at themselves more as partners than regulators.

NAX669.png

3 minutes ago, mwilk said:

So, how many administrations have there been since Clinton to correct the problem?

That is not how government works.  The cure is FAR (as in FARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!) more expensive that it would have been to leave it alone, thus it doesn't get overturned.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

On 12/23/2019 at 5:02 PM, dave2013 said:

There was no "punishment" where upper management is concerned.  The former CEO will leave with a multi-million dollar golden parachute.  Just like politicians and high-level govt. officials almost never get punished for breaking the law.

Dave

This is standard, its happened in all three of the airlines I've worked at.  4 year cycle and all that.  

No gives a toss about the office staff when companies fail due to rubbish management.   Pilots and cabin crew always get taken on by other companies as everyone feels sorry for them, the back office staff (that no one ever thinks off) however always get shafted.  Ask any of them from Mon, tcx, bmi, Primera, etc etc there was no special treatment for them.

The CEO from boeing will no doubt 'take time out to be with his family' and resuraface in 18 months time in another huge corporation.  Where as there will now be redundancies ruining the career of the hard working front liners behind desks who have done nothing wrong. 

It makes me so angry

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 12/24/2019 at 6:54 PM, mwilk said:

So, how many administrations have there been since Clinton to correct the problem? The FAA has always had a strange relationship with the airlines and aircraft manufacturers. They always looked at themselves more as partners than regulators.

It's no different to the CAA in the UK.   

Theres a TUI UK and a Norwegian Max sitting in GCTS because of it.   They should of grounded the max straight away but they didn't. It was at the last minute causing all sorts of headaches.  Causing those 2 to be stranded down in Tenerife. 

Ive been in many a CAA audit where they should of given us certain findings but so long as you make money for the shareholders (who are part of the caa) don't kill passengers or people walking under the aircraft on the street they don't care. 

At a previous airline I worked at the rostering was shocking, the fatigue and sickness was through the roof, it was an absolute mess.  but because we made money and never had an incident (how ill never know) the caa didn't care, they and the AMB where all mates together so we never got a finding.  

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png