Sign in to follow this  
LH340fan

E-jets v3 liveries?

I know it just launched but idk if it's normal there are so little repaints for the 195 more particularly. I searhced in the library with only one result or two.

I thought this post could be useful to inform people of the available liveries for all v3 e-jets.

regards, charly

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be getting much attention and the included repaints are very minimal...hopefully it gains the interest of some repainters.  I saw one who posted on Facebook their frustrations with the paint kit.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Guys, you can contact inibuilds.com if you need liveries, as he has done an excellent liveries where you can check their work on their website, I tried them and they have done the livery which I have requested perfectly, also you can contact them prior the order to check if they are capable of creating the livery whether it was realistic livery or fictional and their response is very fast. Highly recommended and not expensive btw.

Edited by mohd992
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

Inibuilds do great work indeed.

There are also many great free liveries available in the avsim library that didn’t exist when this thread first happened.  These aircraft are now well painted I would dare say.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Inibuilds do great work indeed.

There are also many great free liveries available in the avsim library that didn’t exist when this thread first happened.  These aircraft are now well painted I would dare say.

I agree most of the liveries which are uploaded in avsim are great, I have never had any problems with the avsim liveries

I've recently upgraded to v3 and have downloaded a couple of liveries already. They are listed on the aircraft menu in P3Dv4 but say preview unavailable with no thumbnail pic. If I then try to load up a flight using one of them I just get an error message saying "Failed to startup the flight model". The flight then loads up with just the default F-22 aircraft. I checked the aircraft.cfg file and have associated the texture folder names correctly so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

On 12/24/2019 at 4:50 AM, scoob said:

A fair number of painters have done some new liveries and shared them in this thread -

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/88109-repaints-requests-and-new-releases/

What grinds my gears is that this thread is full of people begging for repaints, hard to get to the actual paints. This thread should have been split in two - requests and releases. 

That said, it seems that the Ejets v.3 aren't getting much attention. I hardly see anyone flying them on youtube. And I use youtube extensively before I purchase an addon, especially if it's a real wallet emptier like the Ejets. 

I bought both variants after SP1 was released.  They’re a decent mid-tier addon in my experience with a few minor annoyances.  

Not a fan of the pricing model, I mainly wanted the E190 and E175 But had to buy both full packs to get these two variants.  That is what it is though and I’m happy with them overall.

Dave

@regis9 So you think they have been sufficiently improved with SP1 that they are now a solid addon? I know there were some complaints upon release...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I never played the pre SP1 version so can’t compare...the list of issues people were having with the original release kept me away from it but with SP1 tackling most of the major ones I went for it.

My remaining issues are largely around things that have a work around or are lightly annoying but not game breaking:

- night lighting is very basic and does not use modern methods, however you can download free FSLabs Spotlights profiles that work quite well.

- lots of 4K textures which can be a good or bad thing, but in my experience causes a lot of slow texture load times in the VC (gtx1070 in 1440p).  Not sure in p3Dv5 what the vram impact is.  There are some downloads available from third parties to downsample some of the VC textures which work well and don’t look visually different in my experience.

- Soundset is ok, but I replaced it with a TSS soundset which is great.

- uses default effects for nav, strobe lights etc with varying degrees of success depending on your setup and if anything else has modded these default effects - this is a general gripe of mine when you get to this price point I think you should be getting into custom lights and not relying on default.  The e-jets in real life have a unique sequencing of strobes that can’t be replicated using default effects.

- have to load fuel in the P3D aircraft menu rather than an external loader or through the FMC.

- have to use shift-e commands for doors rather than being able to use the FMC.  GSX doesn’t line up well with the doors in some cases (there’s likely a fix for that somewhere or it is at least possible if someone does the work)

- autopilot buttons are very hard to read from a distance.  I have a chase plane view set up to zoom in on the autopilot panel, plus after a few flights you’ll know where everything is.  I downloaded a fix that increases the resolution of the buttons and should make them easier to read but I haven’t tried it yet.

This might look like a long list, but the bottom line for me is that most importantly it flies well and is enjoyable overall with a decent level of detail that allows using real world procedures.  It’s a nice change from my usual Boeing and Airbus procedures and can fly into some pretty interesting destinations.  

As I said initially, most of these items have a solution or can otherwise be mitigated.  What is a bit annoying is that some of these things seem to be hangover from previous versions of the aircraft.  To me they shouldn’t be an issue in a new build aircraft at this price point.

Overall though I’m quite happy with my decision to purchase. 

• Like 1

Dave

10 minutes ago, regis9 said:

What is a bit annoying is that some of these things seem to be hangover from previous versions of the aircraft.

This combined with the current prices is what makes me hesitate buying it, specially when their web page says "Highly detailed Embraer E170, E190 built from scratch, including new model, flight dynamics, AP and other system codes and sounds."  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

I never played the pre SP1 version so can’t compare...the list of issues people were having with the original release kept me away from it but with SP1 tackling most of the major ones I went for it.

[...]

Overall though I’m quite happy with my decision to purchase. 

Thanks for the detailed post! Sounds like it's essentially a pretty good addon, but I suppose I'll be waiting for it to go on sale.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 5/3/2020 at 7:23 PM, EGHH0826 said:

I've recently upgraded to v3 and have downloaded a couple of liveries already. They are listed on the aircraft menu in P3Dv4 but say preview unavailable with no thumbnail pic. If I then try to load up a flight using one of them I just get an error message saying "Failed to startup the flight model". The flight then loads up with just the default F-22 aircraft. I checked the aircraft.cfg file and have associated the texture folder names correctly so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Same issue here. Any updates?

Thanks!

Bill Davis

Human Resources Officer

FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Keeping The Virtual World On Time

Celebrating 35 Years of Service and Innovation

1055916.jpg