Sign in to follow this  
valnir

Follow me car and FS Captain

I happens using FS Captain that at a certain moment it assign you a parking (ex. gate 5 which is at that moment free).

It seems that when follow me car pass on it, parking become no more free (like follow me car is occupying it) and FS Captain reassign another one...and so on.

I don't know if it's a trouble with follow me car passing on parking or with the Marshall..never had this behaviour before UGCX

Yes I think so.

Another strange behaviour in that if I call Marshal (without follow me car) at parking location (ex. G311 of EGLL) it doesn't show. When I call it again in front of parking, Marshall appears and then after a few seconds disappear.

This happens every time at EGLL (UK2000 scenery)

21 hours ago, valnir said:

Another strange behaviour in that if I call Marshal (without follow me car) at parking location (ex. G311 of EGLL) it doesn't show

Maybe it's still there, but inside the terminal building. There is an option that allows you to setup the distance from the your cockpit's point of view to the marshaller, then with the slider to move it closer or far from your view. Maybe you could check it if it's too far away?

Manuel

spacer.png

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, Manuel82 said:

Maybe it's still there, but inside the terminal building. There is an option that allows you to setup the distance from the your cockpit's point of view to the marshaller, then with the slider to move it closer or far from your view. Maybe you could check it if it's too far away?

Manuel

No I tried different distances. In front of Gate E5 (LOWS) I call Marshall. He appears (I see him) then after 3 seconds he disappear.

Not only in LOWS airport

The bug is still there with ver.1.9. This is my bug:

if I call Marshal (without follow me car) at parking location (ex. G311 of EGLL), Marshall appears in the right position and then after a few seconds it disappear.

Hi

maybe you can check this if it's related to your situation

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

Okay, after many times looking at this, I found why it's conflicting. The reason is that the follow me car, looks as an "AI aircraft" to the simulator (and to some others add-ons), the reason for this is the profile/information the car's model has in the SimObjects subdirectory. It can be changed to "GroundVehicle" in the "aircraft.cfg" however, the ramp agents, are specially created as "AI aircraft", because of their animations, there are some internal coding that is important to show the ramp agents animations, and once you switch them to "GroundVehicle", it stops working right....I'm doing some research to overcome this issue. As a resume, we could/can change the follow me car, firetruck, and tug, to be "GroundVehicles" so the simulator looks them as "GroundVehicles", this way FSCaptain would not see them as "AI aircrafts". But the problem would remain with the ramp agents, they depend on this coding that exists only on "AI aircraft" objects types, and they would look to the simulator as "Aircrafts" not human/ground object. I'm working hard to overcome this so it's transparent to FSCaptain, FSUIPC and other add-ons that are conflicting because they see our objects as "AI Aircrafts". That's the real reason of all the problems

Manuel

spacer.png