Sign in to follow this  
KBUR

Chevrolet SUV (yes, a CAR !!!) released by bahrometrix

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce something real special and unique for our beloved P3D v4 community (it's available for FSX as well), and its FREEWARE !!! :

The Chevrolet Suburban , published and developed by the german developer Christian Bahr (well known for his set of avatars bahrometrix  ) and colleagues.

A simple manual with english content is included in the zip-file as well, but it is not as detailed as the german part (please keep in mind that Christian's mother tongue is German like mine :wink: ).

English introduction of the manual:

Introduction:
Thank you for choosing the Chevrolet Suburban!

It rarely happens that three developers who have never met before and meet to work on a
common project. This is what happened with this Chevrolet project.

In this short time (only 6 weeks) nobody would have been able to do this alone, all the more gratifying
that, in addition to the main developer, two other developers have joined in to make the
Chevrolet a fully-fledged vehicle with their expert knowledge
The developers are Rob Barendregt, Manfred Jahn and Christian Bahr.

While Manfred
Jahn came up with a lot of advice and knowledge of excellent coding in the form of Lvars,
Rob Barendregt has brought extremely realistic driving dynamics to the Chevrolet.
Rob
also comes from things such as the automatic transmission, the creation of sounds for
animations such as slamming the doors.

The core characteristic of the raindrop effect
(WindshildRainEffect) comes from Manfred. The effect creates animated raindrops on the
window panes. He also created the important functions in the virtual cockpit. Both
developers, Manfred and Rob, have contributed with their innovative ideas to make the
Chevrolet an even better vehicle than was ever thought of.

Your Bahrometrix Team

Personally, I was looking and waiting very long (since the release of P3Dv4), for a reasonable and good car for driving around and exploring all this gorgeous sceneries and ORBX stuff from a close distance, and for what I've bought for. 

Besides, driving cars on ground in FSX and now in P3Dv4 too, is a welcome change between demanding flights and keeps our amazing hobby fresh, diversified and adventurous, like no other flight simulator in the presence and in the close future....and you'll discover details of your sceneries which you would've never noticed from above in an airplane.

Some pictures (all from bahrometrix's site):

2019-12-15_23-34-16-181-1024x576.jpg

Raineffects on the windshield:

p3dv4_chevrolet_windshildRainEffect-1024

2019-11-28_0-44-59-21-1024x576.jpg

fsx_chevrolet_cockpit_2-1024x576.jpg

Fully clickable animations :

p3dv_chevy_wip_1-768x397.jpg

PBR Textures:

p3dv_chevy_wip_2-1024x576.jpg

Fuel and paylod via P3D's in game menu:

p3dv_chevy_wip_4.jpg

Cockpit view and raindrop effects even from inside the VC view:

p3dv_chevy_wip_3-768x432.jpg

Red skin and PBR textures:

p3dv_chevy_wip_6-768x432.jpg

....and many more features, like (only a selective range, and they all are working  😞

• Speedometer (switchable between miles and kilometers per hour)
  • Tachometer
  • Fuel Gauge
  • Oil Pressure Gauge
  • Gear Indicator - yes, this amazing car is equiped with a functional gear shift :blink: )
  • Battery Gauge
  • ...and many more

Dear Christian and all the others included in this wonderful project: 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS SPECIAL AND UNIQUE CHRISTMAS GIFT !!!!, and thank you so much for making our simulator world more rich, diverse - in the best sense of a " Living World" .

All the best.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Wow! Can't wait to try it! 

• Like 2

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

Just wonder if we could see a universal vehicle sim with PMDG-ish level of system ,rFactor2-ish level of physic etc.... in like 20~30 years?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, C2615 said:

Just wonder if we could see a universal vehicle sim with PMDG-ish level of system ,rFactor2-ish level of physic etc.... in like 20~30 years?

Yea, good point !

What many simmers maybe don't know (or even neglect it), that P3D has never been created for flight simulation purpose only.

E.g. on the main paige of prepar3d.com you can read clearly:

Are You Prepar3D?

.........Prepar3D (pronounced “prepared”) is a visual simulation platform that allows users to create training scenarios across aviation, maritime, and ground domains. Users can train anywhere in the virtual world, from underwater to sub orbital space.......

This is it!  It was not created for only beeing a flight simulator (allthough most civilian users use it as a flight sim mainly), it was created to be a SIMULATION PLATFORM, which exceeds a pure flight simulator by far.

Another example:  In the P3D learning center someone can read this under the sections " overview  and features "

Overview

• Train for scenarios in aviation, air traffic control, ground vehicle operation and disaster response

Features

• Environments that include highways, air and maritime vehicles and traffic, as well as livestock and wild animals.

Ground vehicle and maritime operations, livestock and wild animals for beeing a flight simulator only ?  No, its a whole lot more; it's a simulation platform

But unfortunately many developers don't scoop or exploit the whole potential of P3D, and many many simmers only think in their conservative boundaries of  " this is only a flight simulator, and it should always be a flight simulator" -  which is not of course.

It takes tremendous count of man power and knowledge to create a whole simulation platform, a true living world, or at least a proper SDK for creating all this stuff.

So why not doing a lots of other stuff than flying from A to B in this world, like in our real world ?

This would take less of development resources and developers could focus on their main projects (like driving a hight detailed car around for training purpose or before manufacturing it; it could be used for so many different testing scenarios).

But it always must stay in the correct parameters of physics, aerodynamics, fluid dynamics and so on ... . Otherwise the concept of a correct simulation platform would not pass.

Cheers,

Konrad

Edited by KBUR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Some important additional informations for english folks !

Inside your downloaded zip file or installer you can also find a detailed english written readme.txt file, which includes more detailed informations of this car :

Englisch Description
--------------------

The Chevrolet Suburban is primarily intended to discover or to explore sceneries. Although the fun of this add-on is in the foreground, this vehicle has been created as realistically as possible and provided with many special functions. In principle, the Chevrolet in this package is a complex driving simulation in a flight simulator.

Features
- Full PBR development
- Brake lights via LUA material scripting
- Front and rear headlights
- 3 inmates, female/male
- Passengers selectable via P3Dv4 Fuel and Payload menu
- Animated raindrops on glass surfaces (WindshildRainEffect)
- Raindrops visible in the internal and external model
- Front headlights with dynamic lights, taillights as FX effects
- Countless click spots for countless animations
- 4 paint finishes, two with a metallic look
- Tinted windows

Special functions
- Virtual cockpit displays
    Speedometer
    Rev Counter
    Fuel Gauge
    Coolant Indicator
    Battery Indicator
    Oil Pressure Gauge
    Gear Indicator
- The displays for RPM and KMH can be changed with a click of the mouse
- The number plates can be changed with a click of the mouse (Germany / USA)
- Automatic transmission including reverse gear
- User-defined possibility to control the accelerator and brake pedals with joystick / yoke / rudder pedals
- Driving dynamics were programmed according to the manufacturer's performance data
- Squeaky tires with strong acceleration or braking
- Realistic Chevrolet parking brake (animated foot pedal)
- Animated gas and brake pedals
- Realistic sounds for doors, wipers etc
- drift
- Horn

Animations including click spots
- 3-way wipers front/rear
- Window lifters for all windows
- Starter start button
- Light switch, internal/external lights
- Sun Visors
- Armrests
- Doors
- Tailgate
- Bonnet
- Driver
- Parking brake

Special feature
- Animated scent tree

Further you can find a very well done and written (English) Quickstart Reverence Guide on the same place, with the necessary keyboard shortcut commands you need to operate this car;  and how to setup your peripherals ( four different setups are possible).

You will be amazad how far and detailed this car simulation goes, never seen such anytime before, wether in FSX (e.g Erwin Welker's cars) nor in P3D for shure.

Edited by KBUR
  • Like 1

hi,

how to drive this car?
when i push the throttle, the motor rpm run up, but the car did not move.

The transmission's in neutral or Park maybe?? :happy:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Dear mates, please read the manuals carefully Christian has provided within the download package.  You'll find everything to get this beast working in there.

In the "Quickstart Reference Guide" you can find this advice:

Drive the Chevrolet ...
Start the Chevrolet by pressing the break pedal and push the start button. To drive, apply the brake and then put the gear lever in position "D". To
reverse, please switch to the "R" position. The positions can be switched by mouse click on the transmission lever or with the standard assignment for
flaps (keys F5 to F8). The positions are displayed on the instrument panel. See Keyboard Shortcuts for further key assignments.

Important Note!
You have to apply the brakes to move the transmisssion lever out-of the Park Position P.
The engine can only be started if the transmission lever is in Park or Neutral mode - just like in the real Chevrolet.

All the best and merry Christmas to all of you :wink: .

• Like 1

Hi, yes i have read the Manual, but the gearlever did not move when i Click on it. flap Switch also Not work

Edited by Alti

5 hours ago, Alti said:

Hi, yes i have read the Manual, but the gearlever did not move when i Click on it. flap Switch also Not work

Hi, did you fully understand what is ment by "applying the brakes" in the QuickStart guide ??
That's either pulling your stick backward from center (default setting), or applying left-toebrake on a rudder-pedal set (you need to change the panel.cfg then).

My guess is, you are Braking by using a key/button assigned to the standard key/button operated "Brakes" function in P3D.
In this model, that has no effect.

Reason:
This "flightmodel" models a fully contiguous and proportional Brakes system; like when using toebrakes, which is based on setting a true brake "axis" in the sim ..
Keys/buttons that generate the standard FSX/P3D "Brakes" commands, do not give a proper proportional response: the  generated Brake force depends on how fast / how long  "Brakes" commands are generated.
Which makes it almost impossible to  command a steady brake force for a while, like 20% , 50%  or 70%.

To see if you are really operating the Chevy's 'brake pedal' , open the Speed/RPM 2D window (Shift-1) and observe the left (red) bar in the RPM gauge.
Which visualises the "brake pedal" force.

Regards, Rob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have Done try all versions in the cfg. Throttle on aileron Axis work also as throttle with Pedals.  Also brake works on Stick axis and with Pedals. The Rpm goes Up, But i can Not move the car. The Problem is i can Not set the gear lever up or down. Not with mouse, Not with flap setting. So i have deleted this Software. I will use my Bob Again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alti said:

I have Done try all versions in the cfg. Throttle on aileron Axis work also as throttle with Pedals.  Also brake works on Stick axis and with Pedals. The Rpm goes Up, But i can Not move the car. The Problem is i can Not set the gear lever up or down. Not with mouse, Not with flap setting. So i have deleted this Software. I will use my Bob Again.

Well, that is really sad for you, because unfortunately you have decided not to drive an absolute quality vehicle 😉

But then there would still be the Porsche Carrera GT from my Jena City project. The Porsche is currently undergoing an PBR update:

Without PBR Material and without PBR Textures ...file.php?id=823

With PBR Textures and with PBR Material ...file.php?id=824

If the Porsche is not for you, which is almost impossible, then maybe you'd rather ride a bike with a cycling Avatar? Is also included in the Jena City package:

p3dv4_jena_vehicles_avatars.jpg

In the meantime, a user of the Chevrolet Suburban has recorded a video on St Maarten. The video shows the car, how it is started and how to control it. Very entertaining ... 🙂

Edited by Christian Bahr
  • Upvote 1

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

12 hours ago, Alti said:

The gear lever will only move while you are standing on the brakes. Just like in most real cars with automatic transmission. You apply the brakes and keep them applied, move the lever to "D", release the brakes, car starts crawling forward. The only exception that I remember was the Opel Senator - one could slam the transmisson lever into "P" while the car was still rolling... and that was quite a surprise for everyone in it...because it stopped the +2-ton vehicle in a split second...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

5 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

The only exception that I remember was the Opel Senator - one could slam the transmisson lever into "P" while the car was still rolling... and that was quite a surprise for everyone in it...because it stopped the +2-ton vehicle in a split second...

Best regards

A Caution text from the real Suburban user manual:

""
Do not try to shift to P (Park) if the vehicle is moving. If you do, you could damage the transmission.
Shift to P (Park) only when the vehicle is stopped.

""
So also in this Chevy Suburban (both real and in this sim addon), it IS possible; though advised not too .....LoL.

Cheers, Rob

Edited by rcbarend
  • Like 1

@Christian Bahr Jetzt brauchen wir keine Repainter sondern Airbrusher 😃

Coole Kiste. Excellent work.

Edited by Raller
  • Like 2

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M