Sign in to follow this  
KBUR

Chevrolet SUV (yes, a CAR !!!) released by bahrometrix

The documentation doesn't mention that it's the parking brake you need to set before you can change gear, not just applying the foot brake. Ctrl + . is the default key allocation.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

1 hour ago, lambourne said:

The documentation doesn't mention that it's the parking brake you need to set before you can change gear, not just applying the foot brake. 

Not sure how you come to this conclusion, but its wrong.
The setting of the ParkingBrake (on or off) has NO effect on the ability to shift the transmission lever out-of Park mode in this sim addon.

Regards, Rob

PS: 
I assumed your statement applies to this Chevy sim addon.
In the real Suburban, or most cars with an auto-transmission, there is a problem named "torque lock" when parking on a hill.
Meaning it might be difficult to put the lever into or out-of Park position, because the weight of the car puts too much force on the parking pawl in the transmission.
To prevent this "torque lock" problem, it is suggested to apply ParkingBrakes before setting the transmission lever into Park position.
And then, before driving away, move the lever out-of Park position before you release the Parking brake.
But this detail isn't modelled; hence my comment.

Edited by rcbarend
  • Like 2

Haha, nice and thanks its perfect to checkout new addon aiorports on the ground,

Work like a charm , no problem i use the automatic hold the brakes when move the lever to drive , p brake on only when start the engine.

i use the yoke  elevator up= brake, elevator dn= gas pedal , aileron= steering , work as it should 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, westman said:

Haha, nice and thanks its perfect to checkout new addon aiorports on the ground,

Work like a charm , no problem i use the automatic hold the brakes when move the lever to drive , p brake on only when start the engine.

i use the yoke  elevator up= brake, elevator dn= gas pedal , aileron= steering , work as it should 

Das Teil macht riesen grossen Spass, absolut brilliant; schon lange keinen solchen Spass mehr in P3D gehabt  :biggrin:.

(English): This piece of software is made absolutely brilliant, it gives me tons of fun .  Not for a long time I had such fun in P3D.

For me it turned out that even the need of rudder pedals for pedal accelaretor and break is a very clever idea.  Because almost everything of my pit can stay in place; I don't need to rummage about. 

The only thing I have done was to plug off my pedals from my dusted TM racing wheel and to connect the wheel with my pit.

Now I can use my toebreaks as break and accelarator, and the racing wheel for driving the Chevy (with shift paddels for upper and lower gears), and various buttons I've assigned to wipers, lights, cruise control, parking break, etc... .

So within seconds its shifted from an aircraft-  to an car pit :laugh:, beautiful an lots of fun.

Edited by KBUR
  • Like 1

Yep, drives a lot better that way then with just a joystick.

I use rudder pedals, and a flightyoke for steering ...

Best regards, Rob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Awesome :laugh: !  Thank's a lot to Christian, Rob and Manfred for this little freeware gem.  Wish there would be more steerable cars like this in P3D v4.

Honestly, I even would pay for a decent car-addon package.

Happy new year !

• Like 1

You can be assured, and I think I can also say in Rob's and Manfred's names that the fun was completely on our side when we created the Chevrolet 🙂

Happy New Year everyone!
Christian

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

Watched the project come to fruition over at FSDeveloper.  Looks superb Christian.  I'll have to test her out on my photoreal scenery on the back roads to see how it looks.  Creates a whole new perspective and appreciation when viewing at this angle.

Thanks Christian,

Clutch

Now if we can just get a Ford Mustang!  😎

• Like 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

It's a terrific package, thank you Christian! One small thing that happens to me on occasion, is that even after starting the car properly and all that, sometimes the engine will just die on me. I don't see anything in the manual in reference to that. I must be doing something wrong. Normally, I can drive it just fine, but then once it dies on me it keeps on dying. Plenty of fuel in the tank.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

All well and good.  The Chevy is beautiful.  However.....the roads in P3d are not that sophisticated to be able to handle automobile driving.  There are vehicles traveling on all the roads and when you come to a bridge or hill, the car does not follow that but simply may crash or go down a cliff that wasn't there.

In order to use ground vehicles in P3d, you need to have roads that can handle them.  If I'm mistaken, you can correct me.

Stan

2 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

It's a terrific package, thank you Christian! One small thing that happens to me on occasion, is that even after starting the car properly and all that, sometimes the engine will just die on me. I don't see anything in the manual in reference to that. I must be doing something wrong. Normally, I can drive it just fine, but then once it dies on me it keeps on dying. Plenty of fuel in the tank.

Lee

Are you sure you are using V101 ??
Because this spontaneous "engine shutdown" (when driving at higher altitudes) was solved in that update.

Rob

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spilok said:

All well and good.  The Chevy is beautiful.  However.....the roads in P3d are not that sophisticated to be able to handle automobile driving.  There are vehicles traveling on all the roads and when you come to a bridge or hill, the car does not follow that but simply may crash or go down a cliff that wasn't there.

In order to use ground vehicles in P3d, you need to have roads that can handle them.  If I'm mistaken, you can correct me.

Stan

Hi Stan,

No, you're not mistaken.
The car will drive only as good as the scenery definition allows it.....
Particularly with bridges and "spikes" in the default mesh/scenery elevation…..

If you would taxi an aircraft on such spots, you will see the same problem.

As a sidenote: AI-generated road vehicles may not have a problem at such spots; but frankly, there's really nothing realistic about them anyway.
Just a visual gimmick (IMHO)

Rob

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rcbarend said:

Are you sure you are using V101 ??
Because this spontaneous "engine shutdown" (when driving at higher altitudes) was solved in that update.

Rob

Just got version 101, problem fixed!

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

8 hours ago, spilok said:

Stan

The problem with the uneven roads in the P3D or also in the FSX can be temporarily solved by experimentally setting the measurement setting to 38m. I even went down to 76m and drove a few test kilometers on highways. To fly, I naturally set the mesh settings back to 10m.

• Upvote 1

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de