Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Little Navmap installation

Hi

I have just tried to install v2.4.4, which I have done before.  The problem is that I am getting the attached message regarding

the online elevation data which is used by default for the elevation profile is limited and has a lot of errors

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uffgEA9NcLm6A8vm8 ) it then recommends that I download the offline GLOBE elevation. I cannot see why there would be a problem downloading the version it is keeping up to date . If I launch the app, it acknowledges that it should download a globe, but I've tried ?  I know it gets updated when I install and update my Aerosoft Airbus, and maybe I just need to wait for that?

So, how do I do an update if I have to use an offline version?

Thanks

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

17 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

So, so how do I do an update if I have to use an offline version?

Thanks

You don't, unless you want to download the data periodically and overwrite the old files.  It's provided by the NOAA, so any updates would come from them. 

However, it's not like elevation data will change much unless you have something like a Mount St. Helen's.

Ernest Pergrem

3 hours ago, airernie said:

It's provided by the NOAA

Thanks! How do I get to that setting?

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Download and unzip the files specified in Tools->Options->Cache and Files into a folder, with a name of your choosing.  Mine are in Documents\Globe Elevation Data, but yours could be anywhere.

If you prefer to keep all of the LNM data together then I would suggest creating the folder in "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel".

Whatever your chose; once copied, start LNM, click on Tools->Options->Cache and Files, select 'Use offline Globe Elevation Data' and specify the folder where you have stored the elevation data, Then Apply or OK.

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks mate. Being Christmas Day, I'm not going to test your instructions, but I will probably do it tomorrow.  

Thanks for your help, I'll give you an update when I get it, I really appreciate your instructions.

Gaz on Facebook

Hiya

I have just realised that I haven't got Navigraph installed (https://www.navigraph.com/fmsdatamanager.aspx).  In the past it always wanted to update Little Navmap nearly every month.

I have a feeling that has fixed the problem (as it asked to)?

Gaz on Facebook

n/a

Edited by Gary McCluskey

Gaz on Facebook

I think it's a security problem...

Gaz on Facebook

Hi Gary,

make sure to install LNM and the GLOBE data in your home folder. Something like C:\users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents or C:\users\YOURUSERNAME\Programs is perfect since will not cause any permission issues.

If you still want to install LNM on the e: drive: Create a folder like e:\Programs and take ownership of that (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-take-ownership-files-and-folders-windows-10). Taking ownership of a folder gives you all permissions.

Regarding Navigraph: See here for paths and how to install if the FMS Data Manager cannot find LNM: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap_navigraph.html

Alex

If you see the screenshot, you can see the problem I've still got. I was getting errors on startup starting there were directories not found (such as the GLOBAL), but now I can't find an error on the system to say where the install directory is. See the system as it is starting up - it seems to work no airports - only some waypointshttps://photos.app.goo.gl/pMsiGy7QHverXXmc9

I believe I'm supposed to run the Navigraph to update it, but that doesn't insert anything  there for me, it says upgrades were successful, but it puts no data in the app.  How do you make this all easy?

Gaz on Facebook

3 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

I was getting errors on startup starting there were directories not found (such as the GLOBAL)

Is Global\all10 the directory that you are storing the files in (exp; a10g, a11g, b10g, etc..). 

Is it safe to assume that you unzipped the files into the Global\all10 directory?

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

I'll take a look. I think you might be right if I'm referring to two different folders. I'll get back to you. 

Gaz on Facebook

Hi Gary,

the GLOBE elevation data and the Navigraph updates are totally different things. Just to be sure.

The GLOBE installation seems to be OK if the message in options dialog states "Directory and files are valid" which is the case in your screenshot.

About missing airports:
You have to load the scenery library from the simulator to see airports. Map display settings are OK on your screenshot and LNM should show them.
If you see only waypoints and other navaids: These come from the Navigraph database. Either the included AIRAC cycle or your update. See here for more information https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.4/en/NAVDATA.html.

Check the menu "Scenery Library" to see the currently installed cycle.

Installing Navigraph updates is normally easy. Let the FMS Data Manager find applications and then let it update LNM. Sometimes this does not work. If not: See the link I posted above.

Alex

Hi Alex, airenie

I think I've done what should be done, but I'm clearly wrong - still. Screenshot is here. I've tried putting everything on the C drive, except the menu in P3D.

I have to admit I'm thinking of complaining about this - it's easier to install Prepar3d!

I've put another screenshot here. I would appreciate it is you could take a look. I was trying to follow instructions.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Alex / anyone,

does anyone know why I get the Database empty message when launching LNM ? i have this software on several parts of my machine just in  case the original place caused problems.

Gaz

Edited by Gary McCluskey

Gaz on Facebook