Sign in to follow this  
sddjd

Activesky P3d thunderstorms out of control?

After a long haul into Grantley Adams AS for v4 (fully updated) reports thunderstorms with winds of 14kts up through 12k AGL. However, all the way down to sea level the simulator is giving me air speeds of over 300kts in wild gusts. Windshear (20%),turbulence (20), and max surface winds (38) are set way down in the depiction settings. 

It's as if AS is exponentially inflating the local winds, making flight near impossible. Anyone finding similar depiction problems and solved them? 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I usually have those problems when flying "near" t-storms (as in 15 miles of them lol). But, unfortunately, no solutions here, except I do turn off accusim near storms, if you happen to have that installed as well. But, it's my only gripe with AS. 🙂

Thanks, at least I'm not crazy (or at least not for this reason). I'll just plan on disabling the thunderstorm modeling when descending / on approach. Was definitely one of my more wild approaches into TBPB 😎

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I had a wild one into KSEZ in the Milviz KA last night. I barely got it on the center line and without pushing the gear through the wings! lol