Sign in to follow this  
Randall

Xplane 11.50

This sounds so good.

.40 is already great performance wise. My rig has been the same (although the GPU went from 780ti to 980ti and now 1080ti) since 10.20, and X-Plane looks so much better and runs SO MUCH FASTER.

Now we're looking at another performance jump, scenery shadows (the most underrated feature) might finally become possible.

I don‘t think any other sim has ever improved so progressively. You gotta live life forwards, but sometimes it can only be understood backwards...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

31 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

You gotta live life forwards, but sometimes it can only be understood backwards...

Nice reference Soren Kierkegaar I believe. 😁

• Like 1

The comments about both shadows and reflections are very positive. These have been performance killers.   The addition of shadows and better rendered reflections will also greatly improve image quality. Win-Win!

Me in particular, don't care too much about shadow or reflection quality, I'm hoping for non-existing stttutters and a flat 30fps in any situation/place, these two are keeping me from flying regularly, its been weeks since I have flown and those two are the culprits.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

On 12/26/2019 at 5:23 PM, alexcolka said:

I dream with the 30 fps minimum with all the default clouds.

That would be nice, but I bet it remains a dream.. 😕

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

On 12/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, CarlosF said:

Me in particular, don't care too much about shadow or reflection quality, I'm hoping for non-existing stttutters and a flat 30fps in any situation/place, these two are keeping me from flying regularly, its been weeks since I have flown and those two are the culprits.

I think you’ll get your wish in regard to stutters. That will be the main benefit of Vulkan. Substantial increase in FPS will be hit and miss depending on system.  

Wonder if we'll ever see them implement a temporal AA solution. That's one of my biggest wishes for X-Plane, as SSAA is just starting to become a headache. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Can't wait. For me with a low end computer, I hope I see something. Looking to upgrade in a 2021. X-Plane 11 ROCKS!

I7 4770k 3.5 ghz, 16 gb ram, 7600 rpm hard drive, 1060 Nivda with 6gb vram.

Thanks for the link Pastaiolo.Combine the tech with new generation aircraft coming out for 2020,X Plane will rock.!!!Leon 310,i can't wait either.After seeing the prototype Cessna 408 video, time to bring in the new year.X PLANE  ROCKS!!!!!   HAPPY NEW YEAR.!!!!!

Interesting updated from LES:

"Latest update from Saab update. The Saab runs perfectly in the latest Vulkan build with no fixes necessary. Performance is slightly better, but camera panning is smooth as liquid butter!"

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."