Sign in to follow this  
Randall

Xplane 11.50

2 hours ago, zemez said:

Some updated estimate from developers would be nice.

2019. OH WAIT.

Well, they did mention in the comments it was a matter of weeks and not months. But now a month has passed, so i'll start thinking it is/was a matter of months 🙂 Eventually it will arrive, and 30 seconds after trying it people will start going "now what?".

• Like 3

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

15 hours ago, zemez said:

Some updated estimate from developers would be nice.

We're not permitted to disclose any updates as per the NDA.  But I can tell you they are making great progress and jumping on any bugs as soon as they are reported.  

• Like 4

On 2/3/2020 at 4:20 PM, Pastaiolo said:

Eventually it will arrive, and 30 seconds after trying it people will start going "now what?".

True, I think many people (including myself) now have quite high expectations of how XP will move forward after the vulkan update which won't visually change the sim much. They've hinted at the atmospheric and weather improvements and this actually is far more exciting for me than the much needed vulkan update 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The Vulkan promise of a slight increase in performances and elimination of stutters would be two great achievements in 11.50 even if no other features are added.
There's also a chance the experimental flight model might become the default one.

Visual improvements after 11.50 are surely exciting but these might take years to make it to a public release. We'll see.

Edited by peroni
typo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, peroni said:

The Vulkan promise of a slight increase in performances and elimination of stutters would be two great achievements in 11.50 even if no other features are added.
There's also a chance the experimental flight model might become the default one.

Visual improvements after 11.50 are surely exciting but these might take years to make it to a public release. We'll see.

Not sure, this could already be in the pipeline but had to wait for the vulkan improvement. Different people can work on different areas in parallel. 

I don't know, my feeling is that weather changes are not close. The way Austin reviewed X-Enviro and the sheer amount of work required to come up with tech that competes with the former or even FS2020 leads me to think that this will be an XP12 feature and people shouldn't get their hopes up at this point.

• Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I got a feeling that 11.5x will be the end of XP11 with a few bug squashing here and there but that is it. With FS2020 launching this year, I'm sure LR will be focusing on features and improvements for XP12. It just makes sense...to me that is.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Just now, CarlosF said:

I got a feeling that 11.5x will be the end of XP11 with a few bug squashing here and there but that is it. With FS2020 launching this year, I'm sure LR will be focusing on features and improvements for XP12. It just makes sense...to me that is.

been saying that since months, and with MFS right on the heels they will have to release a newer version.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

5 hours ago, soaring_penguin said:

Not sure, this could already be in the pipeline but had to wait for the vulkan improvement. Different people can work on different areas in parallel. 

I've read in an interview (I think it actually was posted here), that they would not program graphics related features for a not existing engine. No idea if that includes "not finished" as well. But they probably aren't working on it for long, if at all.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

They are a small team and seem to be mostly focusing on Vulkan. I have an i9700k so not interested in Vulkan personally. The clouds and lighting would likely be a lot of work so probably wont be released until the end of the year in my view.

Carlos has it right.Big changes for the near future regarding X Plane in general. Better ground  vehicle control so they will not go through your plane at the gate. Better scale fuel trucks,large capacity fuel trucks,better detail in ground operations with baggage. It has been suggested to add lavatory trucks, variable size  catering trucks. Movement of the boarding gates.I am hoping to see cities in better detail around the globe.X Plane will be a powerhouse once these details are put into place.

Dear X-Plane, update please?  We were told for months and months "end of 2019".  We are in February and you still have not addressed the community.  I am fully aware how software development works (Computer Scientist), but that doesn't mean you cant at least give the community a status or projected timelines.   Thank you.

Edited by bgpearce01
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bgpearce01 said:

Dear X-Plane, update please?  We were told for months and months "end of 2019".  We are in February and you still have not addressed the community.  I am fully aware how software development works (Computer Scientist), but that doesn't mean you cant at least give the community a status or projected timelines.   Thank you.

There's nothing really new to tell.  Work continues.  Bugs are being found and dealt with.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

We have a very vague date, which is 2-3 weeks from now.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB