Sign in to follow this  
Randall

Xplane 11.50

1 hour ago, Casualcas said:

and people now complaining about the tbm,

They are?  That's news to me.  Would you be so kind as to provide links to these complaints so I can address them?

Edited by GoranM

On 3/6/2020 at 10:34 PM, Paraffin said:

Yes, but the issue is that not all of us care about PMDG modern airliners. We're not all tubeliner fanatics.

Well, Im quite sure MS contacted different types of aircraft designers, however, helicopters might be a different story.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

They are?  That's news to me.  Would you be so kind as to provide links to these complaints so I can address them?

In the .org, I've read people complaining about the Flight model

23 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

I understand that already.  I asked you for links. I haven't seen anyone complain about it at the org.  If anything, I've seen people compliment it.  I might also add that we had the co owner of Foreflight (Jason Miller) scrutinise the flight model while we were making it, as we made the TBM after his specific aircraft.  So if you could show me specific links where people were complaining, I would appreciate it.

Also, please show me links that are current.  As in, within the last 6 months.  We put an update out in that time that addressed a few issues.

Edited by GoranM

Hi,

I am not complaining about the TBM at the .org but I can say I have a few complaints to tell about the TBM, enough that I do not fly it anymore. The systems are top notch but the flightmodel regarding feeling of flight is weird. The aircraft is very twitchy on the pitch axis and I find it very difficult to fly manually. It is hard to explain, but take the Jrollon SF260 for exemple or Aerobask DR400, those just feel right. I fly 172, 182 and 210 as my job, and I can say the bigger and faster the more stable is the aircraft, the easier it is to handle. 

Also the G1000 has some limitations. I know it is xplane default one behind and that is not Hotstart fault if there  are missing functions or erroneous behavior  (especially VNAV does not work as the real one and is such a great function of G1000) . In fact it is a pity that the G1000 is not up to the complexity of others systems. 

Third, it is surely a bug I need to investigate properly with support, but since the last update, every time I launch the TBM, I get a pop up from my audio device that ask me to choose the output for my sound. whatever I choose I get no more sound in Xplane. The only way to get my sound back is to restart Xplane. All my others planes are fine.

Well, I write this because Goran asked about Flightmodel complaint above but in the end, I am glad I bought the TBM because the developer worked very hard on the systems and went through a bunch of limitions that make this aircraft unique. It is so near perfection...

Pierre

2 hours ago, Casualcas said:

it's good with the helis , probably not so stable with fixed and Austin has not yet rectified the asymmetric wing loading.

I like the Vflyte AA5 , my go to prop in XP.

Edited by HumptyDumpty

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Can wee keep this on topic please?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

8 hours ago, Casualcas said:

Everything else freeware is ported from xplane 10, with no 3d cockpit, or no VR support.

Everything else of what exactly?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Still waiting LR..........zzzZZZZZZzzzZZZz

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

On 3/6/2020 at 6:48 PM, Pastaiolo said:

You might say Austin can get (and probably does) money elsewhere and i agree, but to which extent, who knows?

I think we understimate how much money LR made the last 5 years with unsatisfied FSX / P3D users making XP their #1 sim.

You can perfectly see the vital process XP has undergone in that time period. It went from no 3D buildings airports and rarely a sophisticated addon aircraft (especially airliners) to the go-to sim. I am sure the increased market share was the initial spark, making addon devs invest into designing high quality aircraft. That attracts new users again, and we enter a loop.

Guess what happens, when that market share switches back. Sure, there is about a third Mac users, but I see so much casual simmers using XP nowadays.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

8 hours ago, GoranM said:

I might also add that we had the co owner of Foreflight (Jason Miller) scrutinise the flight model while we were making it, as we made the TBM after his specific aircraft.  So if you could show me specific links where people were complaining, I would appreciate it.

I'm not sure what those complaints are about, but I always found it to be quite "twitchy" and hard to trim at low speeds. But that might be perfectly fine, as I am not a real life TBM pilot. 😉 Over all it's a great plane.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 hours ago, tweekz said:

I'm not sure what those complaints are about, but I always found it to be quite "twitchy" and hard to trim at low speeds. But that might be perfectly fine, as I am not a real life TBM pilot. 😉 Over all it's a great plane.

He's just trying to justify his need for FS2020 in an X-Plane forum.  I normally let people do that, but when they do it at the expense of specific add ons, they need to be called out.

Edited by GoranM