Sign in to follow this  
Randall

Xplane 11.50

4 hours ago, GoranM said:

He's just trying to justify his need for FS2020 in an X-Plane forum.  I normally let people do that, but when they do it at the expense of specific add ons, they need to be called out.

I understand. There are some guys that do the same the other way round and it's also annoying.

Probably the greatest criticism I do have about X-Plane tho, is that parts of the community - mostly those deeply invested - are very protective to an extent, that they won't even allow reasonable citicism. I've once seen a guy getting smashed for putting on the table that a high quality addon didn't implement a proper custom FMC. It was not in this forum tho.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I guess one needs to consider that we all feel somewhat powerless after we purchase a product and discover it isn´t perfect.. there is no perfect product!

So in the case of X-Plane people beg, scream, cry, vent and rave to make Laminar Research focus all their energy on implementing (insert your favourite missing feature here).

Now they feel it´s payback time. Oh, look, a new product which delivers (insert your favourite missing feature here) in spades! Serves them right!

Laminar is not holding back (insert your favourite missing feature here) to *** you off. They are not focusing elsewhere to make you mad. They don´t have wild pool parties with lots of drugs and girls with your money and laugh like crazy because you shelved it over thinking you would get (insert your favourite missing feature here), but you were so easy to mislead! Well ok, Austin is flying around in his Lancair Evolution, but I think no drugs and girls are involved, except for his wife...😂

So go ahead, bask in you Schadenfreude if it makes you feel better. I really hope that the "other new product" will be perfect.

Jan

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I'm enjoying reading your comments, and actually laughing at how people enjoy extrapolating their own perceptions from people's point of view. I states things others have said, and my own view points of others experiences with these products, and mentioned nothing about any competitors simulations.  Lol. As a daily user of Xplane, I enjoy it tremendously. I don't expect anything to be perfect, and nothing ever is. But one thing I do expect, is it just work. I wouldn't buy a car that I knew burst into flames then people in forums say, here's how you fix it because the manufacturer is now sticking his tongue out at you. 

As it also seems to be common here to request proof, and some people dont actually seem to have the skills necessary for use of google, I'd be more than happy to oblige. 

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02icQdFoLZCvD2BVvo68HHyV7ZiXQ%3A1583920503044&source=hp&ei=drVoXp35N86QtQWa4JDQCQ&q=tbm+doesn't+work&oq=tbm+doesn't+&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.0.33i160j33i299l2.2827.13114..14821...8.0..0.130.1345.8j5......0....1.......8..35i362i39j35i39j0j0i131j46i131j0i20i263j0i67j0i22i30j0i22i10i30.MlF0pQYdohE

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk01nrC74XSBYN3Qk8aMGim9J3wik8g%3A1583921041911&ei=kbdoXu6fN4SYsAXC1qPwBQ&q=x+plane+carenado+issues&oq=xolane+carenado+issues&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.30i10.1630.3265..4197...0.1..0.216.1083.2j3j2......0....1.........0i71j35i304i39.LhzoXg0rqVM

I will always tell someone the truth, and never make things up. If you all are on that high of a horse, and call honesty "trolling" then you can also expect to look elsewhere if you expect smoke blown up your yahoo's.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Casualcas said:

I'm enjoying reading your comments, and actually laughing at how people enjoy extrapolating their own perceptions from people's point of view. I states things others have said, and my own view points of others experiences with these products, and mentioned nothing about any competitors simulations.  Lol. As a daily user of Xplane, I enjoy it tremendously. I don't expect anything to be perfect, and nothing ever is. But one thing I do expect, is it just work. I wouldn't buy a car that I knew burst into flames then people in forums say, here's how you fix it because the manufacturer is now sticking his tongue out at you. 

As it also seems to be common here to request proof, and some people dont actually seem to have the skills necessary for use of google, I'd be more than happy to oblige. 

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02icQdFoLZCvD2BVvo68HHyV7ZiXQ%3A1583920503044&source=hp&ei=drVoXp35N86QtQWa4JDQCQ&q=tbm+doesn't+work&oq=tbm+doesn't+&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.0.33i160j33i299l2.2827.13114..14821...8.0..0.130.1345.8j5......0....1.......8..35i362i39j35i39j0j0i131j46i131j0i20i263j0i67j0i22i30j0i22i10i30.MlF0pQYdohE

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk01nrC74XSBYN3Qk8aMGim9J3wik8g%3A1583921041911&ei=kbdoXu6fN4SYsAXC1qPwBQ&q=x+plane+carenado+issues&oq=xolane+carenado+issues&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.30i10.1630.3265..4197...0.1..0.216.1083.2j3j2......0....1.........0i71j35i304i39.LhzoXg0rqVM

I will always tell someone the truth, and never make things up. If you all are on that high of a horse, and call honesty "trolling" then you can also expect to look elsewhere if you expect smoke blown up your yahoo's.

Instead of going to a forum where the TBM is NOT sold and not affiliated with, perhaps do a little bit more research and go to the official support forums and you may find the answers there to any complaints.  That is ONE complaint from someone who has some kind of avionics equipment that is not properly configured to run with the TBM.  There is nothing wrong with the screens when run without certain scripts.  Avionics panels DO work with the TBM.  But because of the complexity of the code and systems, as I said, they need to be configured correctly with the appropriate key and button assignments. 

Everything was fine until you decided to call me a "pompous a**".  I legitimately asked you for links.  I'm certainly not going to go scouring the internet to find specific complaints that you obviously know about.  

As for your second link, that isn't the TBM I worked on.  That's the TBM 850 made by Carenado.  

I have no issue with you stating that there are issues with an add on.  ANY add on.  But if you're prepared to criticise them, be prepared to provide links to these issues.  

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

So, back on topic.  How is everyone enjoying their 11.50? 🤔  Im thinking June we should have an update on its release.

1 hour ago, bgpearce01 said:

Im thinking June we should have an update on its release.

Nah.  Late May...latest.  😉

(This statement may or may not be true.)

Edited by GoranM

49 minutes ago, GoranM said:

hope it turns out good

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

(This statement may or may not be true.)

This is what you need to do in order to not be misunderstood. Simmers have no sense of humor?

I just hope that 11.50 doesn't require an internet connection to load. After spending $$$ on add-ons I loaded XP11 only to tell me that it had to go into demo mode. I got angry!!!!! I just spent all this money on add-ons and I'm at the mercy of this heartless developer. I spent a few minutes asking why me?

Then after I became sane again, I checked my internet connection and noticed that win 10 had decided to disable my network driver. I ran the search for hardware changes and the network and access to the web was restored. I loaded XP11 and everything was back to normal.

It was a reminder of who is really in control of our sims.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Topic Locked, this went way off topic 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1