Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Randall

Xplane 11.50

Recommended Posts

Well X-Vision doesn't draw at all. It's a shader hack. I have my money on X-Vision for Vulcan on day one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amen to that - without Xvision Xplain would otherwise 'suck' somewhat.

Edited by olderndirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Well X-Vision doesn't draw at all. It's a shader hack. I have my money on X-Vision for Vulcan on day one.

I can only hope. A lot of people complain about the "washed out" color palette Xplane has, and XVision have been a valid way of fixing it without having to use Reshade and similar tools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A month into the new year and still no word on when we might get access to the beta?


Brian Pearce

8700k @ 5.0 GHZ, 32 GB Ram - 3200 MHZ, Samsung 960 Pro NVME, 2tb SSD, Nvidia 2080 ti, LG 4k Monitor, Custom loop with 600 mm of rad cooling.

Flight Sims in order: X-Plane 11, P3D V4 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thinking that it took 6 years for each MSFS update to reach the shelves, and about 2 years for each P3D update, I think that given what was already updated along XP11 we really shouldn't complain ?

 

  • Like 3

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Uninstalling flightsims is a Temptation I can never resist...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Just thinking that it took 6 years for each MSFS update to reach the shelves

 

What planet are you living on?

FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004 (FS9), FS2006 (FSX), FS2010 (P3Dv1), etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, well, I refer to meaningful update: FS95.. FS 2000.. FS 2004 .. FSX.(ok 2 years here...)... MS FLIGHT ( 2012)… MFS ( 2020 )

Regarding P3D, it's been 2 years between versions right ?

 

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Uninstalling flightsims is a Temptation I can never resist...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 5:59 PM, jcomm said:

Hmmm, well, I refer to meaningful update: FS95.. FS 2000.. FS 2004 .. FSX.(ok 2 years here...)... MS FLIGHT ( 2012)… MFS ( 2020 )

Major new features per release:

FS95: Win 95 port
FS98: Added helicopters, separated panels from sounds, tenfold increase in available airports, force feedback, 3D acceleration
FS2000: Added 3D meshes, added rudimentary AI, added real world weather, added precipitation, sevenfold increase in available airports, worldwide navaids, aded GPS
FS2002: Added ATC and AI, added autogen, added fully featured virtual cockpits
FS2004: Added dynamic weather, added 3D clouds. added clickable virtual cockpits
FSX: Added shared cockpit, added controller mode, added round Earth, added expanded mission system
Flight: -
FS2020: 64bit support
P3D: 64bit support

 

I don't know what P3D's release cycle is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 3:23 AM, bgpearce01 said:

A month into the new year and still no word on when we might get access to the beta?

Patience.  It's coming.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sure is. With new aircraft in design such as, Desaer  Atl-100, and others. Looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GoranM said:

Patience.  It's coming.

The trouble is, so is MSFS and P3D v5, LR needs to up their game to make sure they lose the least amount of simmers possible long term, this applies to potentially to Xplane and P3D  personally I want all my flight sims to be great and optimised.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main PC: AMD Ryzen 3800X, GIGABYTE X570 Auros Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, SAMSUNG QVO (1TB) SSD, 2 * 1 TB M.2 2280 Nvme SSD, Toshiba (4TB) HDD, WD (2TB) HDD, PALIT GTX 1070* 8 GB vRAM, CORSAIR H100i GTX Water cooler, SAITEK X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, SAITEK YOKE, 2 * SAITEK throttles, SAITEK PEDALS

*new GPU planned (30xx or Big Navi) when I can get one but I may wait a short time (ie more vRam) to see what's best for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again,

along this version so many features / bug corrections / etc... have been freely added that I can only be grateful if they add Vulkan to XP11 instead of postponing it to XP12 or whatever.

It's ready when it's ready...

It will also pretty much be a "sandbox" for the future version - not a standard... But probably the next version can well be announced along this year and, who knows, even make it to release before the end of teh year 2020 ( ??? )


Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Uninstalling flightsims is a Temptation I can never resist...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eaim said:

The trouble is, so is MSFS and P3D v5, LR needs to up their game to make sure they lose the least amount of simmers possible long term, this applies to potentially to Xplane and P3D  personally I want all my flight sims to be great and optimised.

If people leave, they leave.  But they can easily come back.  X-Plane has always been in competition with MSFS.  This won't be any different.  Besides, LR are working very hard, and as fast as they can, to release an as bug free version of 11.5 as they can.  Vulkan/Metal is a very big deal, and it'll make quite a few jaws drop.

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Again,

along this version so many features / bug corrections / etc... have been freely added that I can only be grateful if they add Vulkan to XP11 instead of postponing it to XP12 or whatever.

It's ready when it's ready...

It will also pretty much be a "sandbox" for the future version - not a standard... But probably the next version can well be announced along this year and, who knows, even make it to release before the end of teh year 2020 ( ??? )

It won't take quite that long.  11.50 has been confirmed and Vulkan/Metal is part of that update (Also confirmed).  But like you said, it's ready when it's ready.  A handful of developers already have it, and a Vulkan/Metal compatibility patch has already been implemented in the TBM I was involved in.  So it's closer than people think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GoranM said:

If people leave, they leave.  But they can easily come back.  X-Plane has always been in competition with MSFS.  

Yes xplane has been in competition with MSFS before but at that time it had a tiny market share to defend. Today its arguably the best flightsim out there and has a much larger share of the market. I also dont see them easily coming back. After they start buying addons for MSFS I cant see then shelling out for another sim that is trying to play catch up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sanh said:

Yes xplane has been in competition with MSFS before but at that time it had a tiny market share to defend. Today its arguably the best flightsim out there and has a much larger share of the market. I also dont see them easily coming back. After they start buying addons for MSFS I cant see then shelling out for another sim that is trying to play catch up.

 

About a third of their userbase are Mac users. They will probably stick, except for some multiplatform users that get drawn towards MSFS.

From the Windows users base there actually might be a lot of FSX / P3D converts (like me) who switched because they were searching a modern sim that is still cared for by its developer. X-Plane, despite its advanced flight model, was absolutely useless to me before things like Zibo, FF A320, ToLiss A319 and some good GA ports like the ones from JustFlight happened.

As of now it can easily be considered the #1 flight sim. Advanced flight model, decent scenery if you invest a little time and being developed - slowly but steadily.

However, this is exactly where MSFS2020 comes into play. I can imagine that lot of those users will switch back to their roots. Not just for the eye candy, mainly for the promise of a thriving addon market. After all, even if being technically inferior, P3D still had a larger and more vital addon market than X-Plane. It won't get worse with MSFS2020 as devs will switch.

Edited by tweekz
  • Upvote 1

Want to improve control sensitivity in MSFS?
► Upvote official bug report: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flight-control-sensitivity/184445

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,080.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...