Sign in to follow this  
wilddoktor

How to change the BOD?

Hi! Great work; I'm beginning to learn littlenavmap and I'm loving it so far...seems to be just what I'm looking for!

A default FSX flight plan creates the Beginning Of Descent way, way too close to the destination, requiring an almost 7000fpm descent to get down in time to land.

So I'm wondering if I can create a flightplan in LNM and specifiy where I want the BOD?

Thanks!

You need to adjust the aircraft performance to get the right BOD/TOD. The default is 3 nautical miles per 1000 feet (adjusted for head or tail wind).

You can either let LNM create a profile while flying or create it manually. See here in the manual: Aircraft Performance
Adjust descent speed and vertical speed until it matches. The dialog shows the rule of thumb values (e.g. 3 NM per 1000 ft) while changing these values.
There are also performance profiles in the LNM download section.

You can create a profile that contains only the descent speeds if you don't care about fuel planning but I'd recommend to let LNM collect the data automatically.

Alex

Thanks! I followed the tutorial to grab aircraft performance, and that helped. I just need to tweak it now, as you mentioned. Great product!!