Sign in to follow this  
AndreasAgios

Touchdown Effect

Have you checked if the effect(s) file(s) specified in the aircraft.cfg section "Ëffects", all exist in your main FS9 Effects folder ?

If they are in fact all present then it's most probably a contact points problem, where the gear does not really touch the runway, making FS9 think you are still flying.

Good luck.

Hans

Wow, thats bad!!! Yes I have all thw fikes and the same effect for all aircrafts! How I can find which parameter belongs to wheels? I mean in cfg, so I can play with the numbers! 

12 hours ago, AndreasAgios said:

I mean in cfg, so I can play with the numbers! 

Start playing and report back your findings... 😂

20 hours ago, AndreasAgios said:

I mean in cfg, so I can play with the numbers! 

It's not as simple as you seem to think. With some aircraft the first (top) contact point entry is for the nose wheel while the second and third ones are for the left and right main gears. However, with the more complex landing gears, each tire has it's own contact point ...... and suspension ...... plus all the rest of their properties. The remaining lines are the so called scrape points, necessary for initiating and displaying crashes, i.e. dependent on which part of your aircraft hits the ground first. Then there's the static height and pitch entries, which must also be taken into account. I suggest you post the downloaded file name and it's source so that we can download it ourselves and then try to figure out your problem.

Hans

On 12/28/2019 at 12:58 PM, hjwalter said:

suggest you post the downloaded file name and it's source so that we can download it ourselves and then try to figure out your problem.

Hans

My apology.

I do not have that problem sir. That said, we are flying and not watching airplanes from the outside and how they interact with the runway. I meant zero disrespect to you Hans. I simply do not worry about how the plane looks or acts like on the outside. I focus rather on our performance and what the planes look like around us.

Mitch

My reaction was directed at the original poster in this thread, Mr. Andreas Agios, who evidently had a problem with touch down tire smoke effects, something which can only be seen/experienced in external view .... if ...... all contact points are configured correctly.

Therefore, no need to apologize for anything, I was just trying to be helpful.

Regards

Hans