Sign in to follow this  
robschofield

[Answered] Aircraft with lots of lights built into model

Simbol

What is the best way of dealing with (mainly P3D v4 conversions) of models like the AIG B757's (currently on v3.1). which now have all the lights in the .mdl file including beacons, navs and strobes. A lot of strobes going off once AIRLP has processed this along with the aircraft.cfg lights entries. I have tried removing the non landing/taxi lights from the model, but wont recompile properly. What does AIRLP do with custom lights (have their own separate as opposed to fallback effect file)? Would I be better taking all the entries out of the aircraft.cfg lights section?

Regards

Rob

1 minute ago, robschofield said:

Simbol

What is the best way of dealing with (mainly P3D v4 conversions) of models like the AIG B757's (currently on v3.1). which now have all the lights in the .mdl file including beacons, navs and strobes. A lot of strobes going off once AIRLP has processed this along with the aircraft.cfg lights entries. I have tried removing the non landing/taxi lights from the model, but wont recompile properly. What does AIRLP do with custom lights (have their own separate as opposed to fallback effect file)? Would I be better taking all the entries out of the aircraft.cfg lights section?

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

If a model has lights via the. Mdl then the light section should not have the lights declared there as this will result in a duplication for P3D regardless of being using AI lights reborn or not.

If you are finding lots of models from AIGM like that then you should let the developers know.

Any models using effects via .mdl will use fallback effects unless they have a custom naming convention that not only avoids conflicts with other effects but also that helps to understand what each light is. For example FSPAIX new models being released have the effects via the model, but Mitssi worked with me to ensure everything was perfect.

Having said that, the best experience will always be with models using effects outside of the model (via lights section) as this avoids certain limitations with P3D SDK, for example cache of effects that would prevent you from using the live preview of changes, etc.

Regards,

Simbol