Sign in to follow this  
papaja

IVAO, vatsim and pilotedge

Have the devs mentioned anything about this multiplayer networks. I wonder how it is gonna be, are they gonna keep it third party or provide a more optimized network that can be modded but only for fs2020 users?

Check out POSCON.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Check out POSCON.

Best wishes!

Looks really interesting but that still doesent answer my question. Have fs2020 said something about this topic?. I think it would be cool to have only one sencodary network with good regulations and quality like POSCON where all users are concentrated instead of multiple so we get more traffic.

Edited by papaja
  • Like 1

There has been no confirmation from. Microsoft at this time. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I hope they come up with something that merges some of these networks. Some places desolated flying in Vatsim and vice versa.

2 hours ago, offroad said:

I hope they come up with something that merges some of these networks. Some places desolated flying in Vatsim and vice versa.

Exactly, in my opinion it should be only 3 networks. PilotEdge (paid / hardcore category), IVAO and vatsim into one network (Free /  hardcore caregory) and the default multiplayer  experience build in the sim (no rules / free roam category). There is no need to split the community even more. Btw, a good replacement for IVAO and Vatsim could be POSCON which looks promising. 

9 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Check out POSCON.

Best wishes!

Unfortunately the beef between online networks is more politics than anything else. You'd be far-fetched to see a collab between IVAO and VATSIM.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

6 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

Unfortunately the beef between online networks is more politics than anything else. You'd be far-fetched to see a collab between IVAO and VATSIM.

Maybe fs2020 should only partner one network. POSCON is looking really good, a step in the right direction.

16 hours ago, papaja said:

Maybe fs2020 should only partner one network. POSCON is looking really good, a step in the right direction.

It's looking interesting. Hopefully it builds the user base and resources it needs because it is quite behind other established networks in those aspects.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

On 12/29/2019 at 5:26 AM, suncoastflyer said:

It's looking interesting. Hopefully it builds the user base and resources it needs because it is quite behind other established networks in those aspects.

If they deliver everything that is being promised, it would probably get a lot of attention.

If you create an account on POSCON and join the Discord channel you can follow the ongoing POSCON development and you even might get an invite to the "invite-only-phase-one".

Edited by daniel_schm

On 12/28/2019 at 7:21 PM, papaja said:

But then again, nobody really knows. 
So that would be very a very bold move..

Poscon, aren’t they the same guys who killed Airdaily X ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, domkle said:

Poscon, aren’t they the same guys who killed Airdaily X ?

It's a good question. 

What I've been told that that POSCON is run exclusively and without interference by Andrew Heath.  Andrew himself told me that. 

I know Andrew, he is a real world senior airline captain of many years and he is also a very long term VATSIM controller (New York Center). All my personal experiences with Andrew, which are limited to several face to face meetings and conference calls, lead me to believe he is a very honorable person with high ethical standards.

That's all I know.

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Well, I did a little research because I was a little miffed by ADX closure . They are indeed the same people. I believe you when you say that M. Heath is an honorable man. But the owners, strange people if I believe this post below on reddit. 

ADX was a good site, with a very opinionated webmaster, sometimes vulgar (I am not fond of profanities) but funny, well informed and with a genuine love of FS. I suppose the Poscon people bought it for the email address database before ditching it. Apparently they tried the same with Vatsim. I would think twice before going with them or recommending them. To each his own I suppose. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam