Sign in to follow this  
Howswede

Need a simulator with cessna citation

Hi guys my computer is running on windows 7, i know its old and i might uppgrade to windows 10.

I had a Microsoft flight sim many years ago Now i would like to have a simulator where both VFR and IFR procedures can be trained at airports in the US.

I would like to have the Cessna Citation in the simulator, the version with the glass cockpit.

What version of Microsoft simulator should I use, or what other simulator would be good.

Where to buy it.

Thankful for any help here

Howswede

Howswede,

Whilst I do not recommend staying with Win 7 after support stops very shortly, the best Cessna Citation I know is the Eaglesoft Citation II extreme for FS2004. 

It has also been released recently for FSX amid a flurry of negative publicity due to a lack of support for Navigraph Airacs. I do not have FSX but, other than the aforementioned Navigraph issue, I believe it is a great aircraft as all of my Eaglesoft products for FS2004 I have really enjoyed.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

There is a new simulator coming from Microsoft.....when?  Who knows?  FSX-SE is available now from Dovetail and goes on sale every once in a while for $5.  Plenty of freeware Cessna Citations or the payware model offered by himmelhorse.

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! :happy:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The new MSFS will bring to us a version of Citation CJ4 with glass cockpit, of course. The problem is you have to wait till next year for release.

cessna-citation-cj4.png?bwg=1574189526

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, polosim said:

The new MSFS will bring to us a version of Citation CJ4 with glass cockpit, of course. The problem is you have to wait till next year for release.

Shoot cant wait that long Sorry, but thanks for answering this fast.

Maybe I will upgrade then.

cessna-citation-cj4.png?bwg=1574189526

Edited by Howswede

3 hours ago, charliearon said:

There is a new simulator coming from Microsoft.....when?  Who knows?  FSX-SE is available now from Dovetail and goes on sale every once in a while for $5.  Plenty of freeware Cessna Citations or the payware model offered by himmelhorse.

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! :happy:

Thanks  a lot for answering .

FSX is that equal to Flight SImulator X ?

And what is FSX-SE what stand SE for?

Would a flight Simulator X gold edition be ok you think?

3 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Howswede,

Whilst I do not recommend staying with Win 7 after support stops very shortly, the best Cessna Citation I know is the Eaglesoft Citation II extreme for FS2004. 

It has also been released recently for FSX amid a flurry of negative publicity due to a lack of support for Navigraph Airacs. I do not have FSX but, other than the aforementioned Navigraph issue, I believe it is a great aircraft as all of my Eaglesoft products for FS2004 I have really enjoyed.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony Thanks for answering.

What is Navigraph Airacs?

Honeyswede,

Navigraph is a company that supply aeronautical data for flight sims. This data goes into the FMS of your aircraft so that you can flight plan and input SIDS (Standard Instrument Departures) departing from airports, and STARS (routes/procedures into your destination airport.)

If you google Navigraph you can decide on the plan you want. I elected to pay monthly for AIRAC and charts and I upgrade monthly.  There are other and cheaper options.

The option for Eaglesoft is for Navdata, which is essentially much the same as Navigraph ... much cheaper but less popular as it is not compatible with a majority of payware, and freeware, for that matter, aircraft.

I would recommend that you do a little research before opting for the aircraft you want.

As I said, I think the Eaglesoft Citation ii Extreme (for FS2004) is the best Cessna I can find.  There are others so please do not rule them out.

I do not know which Flight Sim platform you will eventually opt for but I fly the Citation and the iFly 737 and 747 mostly in FS2004 because the graphics and ground textures are somewhat limited and so I leave most of the GA stuff alone in that platform. Performance is really good though in FS2004...32bit, and it will operate perfectly with Win10. New aircraft or addons are virtually non existant.

Moving up to FSX ... 32bit (and Win 10) you are looking at a better platform with far superior graphics, but bear in mind that it has been very much updated through P3Dv4 which is a 64bit platform. Developers are slowly reducing development for FSX too.

P3dv4 64bit is arguably the best platform at the moment and is current in every aspect It does, however, like XPlane 11, require a fairly good computer and graphics card.

Xplane11 is also 64bit with a huge amount of freeware ... aircraft/sceneries/addons and largely (depending on preferances) up there with P3D.

MSFS2020, or whatever it is going to be called eventually, is currently scheduled to be released in 2020 and certainly looks at this stage to becoming the platform leader. 

You certainly have lots of options but LEAVE Windows 7 out of your deliberations if you can.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Lot of information Thank you so very much Tony.

Yes I'm trying to do my homework. I need to be familiar with the citation and also the procedures required for flying between two air ports here in USA.

Need to learn a lot about civil flying in this country. I'm planning on getting a PPL I know how to fly pretty well I was a fighter pilot in the Swedish Air Force for 35 years, BUT we only had Swedish Military procedures, flight plans and so on. Makes it difficult to take in all the civil language, terms and more.

Thanks again for your information.

BJ Ekstrand

This is a sample of the freeware Citation available for FSX or FSX-SE.  The link is circled!

citation.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:57 PM, Howswede said:

Thanks  a lot for answering .

FSX is that equal to Flight SImulator X ?

And what is FSX-SE what stand SE for?

Would a flight Simulator X gold edition be ok you think?

FSX = Flight Simulator X

FSX-SE = FSX Steam Edition. It is essentially FSX Gold Edition, but available through the Steam Platform, and is often on greatly discounted sale.

See FSX-Steam above as the equivalent to FSX Gold.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator